what is the best semi state

digninrk

8 champs that is pretty damn impressive. congrats to hanover for their two champs  micic your verrrrrry  good and Petrov your smile on the top step tells what the human spirit can accomplish.  Lynde you are tough and consitant.  Ayeserman is a blue collar wrestler and when the job is done you are the best.  Kral  had alot of non believers but he walked away with what few can call their own. Hall not only done it on the mat but in the classsroom.  Brooks got one and he can accomplish so much more.  Jason  Tsirtis is the best High school wretler  I have ever seen,  what i saw on the mat and the potium his heart and what he faced to match his brother will never leave my memory of watching the best indiana has ever had.  He will be a gold medalist in the Olympics  some day. Congrats to the Merriville semi state for their great performance.

Based on depth it would be New Castle

;D!!  Mville had 8 of 14 champs and only 4 of the 14 finals matches didn't have an Mville qualifier involved. That's 71% of finals matches involved an Mville qualifier. It light of those numbers, it seems fair to use the word domination for the 2011-2012 finals.

i think i got this correct

NC 32 placers ( 3 Champs, 8 runner up) 11finalists

Eville 31 placer (1 Champ, 1 runner up) 2 finalists

Mville 27placers ( 8 Champs, 2 runner ups) 10 finalists

Ft Wayne 22 placers ( 2 Champs 3 runner ups) 5 finalists

A lot of people actually have the nerve to indicate that Merrillville lacks the depth to declare them the best SS.  Okay Merr. had 10 finalists and NC had 11.  I don't know but the telling stat was NC had 8 runner-ups and Merr. had 8 champs.  Sounds pretty dominant to me. 

A lot of people actually have the nerve to indicate that Merrillville lacks the depth to declare them the best SS.  Okay Merr. had 10 finalists and NC had 11.  I don't know but the telling stat was NC had 8 runner-ups and Merr. had 8 champs.  Sounds pretty dominant to me. 

ok if u call dominate a two point win at 106 3 point win at 20  1 point win at 26 then ya  Mville was dominate but i think those three matches could've easily made it 6 champs to 5.

;D!!  Mville had 8 of 14 champs and only 4 of the 14 finals matches didn't have an Mville qualifier involved. That's 71% of finals matches involved an Mville qualifier. It light of those numbers, it seems fair to use the word domination for the 2011-2012 finals.

NC had a representative in 10 weight classes

and mville only had one in 9 weight classes

ok if u call dominate a two point win at 106 3 point win at 20  1 point win at 26 then ya  Mville was dominate but i think those three matches could've easily made it 6 champs to 5.

I could have been a doctor if it weren't all the math and science it takes to become one.  What's your point?  The fact of the matter was at the end of the day Merr. had 8 champs out of 14.  Don't even try down play that stat.  The difference between a good wrestler and a great wrestler often comes down to a take down here or a point there.  You don't get credit for what could have happened.  Not trying to be rude or start a feud, but it is what it is regardless how you feel about the facts.

I could have been a doctor if it weren't all the math and science it takes to become one.  What's your point?  The fact of the matter was at the end of the day Merr. had 8 champs out of 14.  Don't even try down play that stat.  The difference between a good wrestler and a great wrestler often comes down to a take down here or a point there.  You don't get credit for what could have happened.  Not trying to be rude or start a feud, but it is what it is regardless how you feel about the facts.

Lol you are the one who said dominated. I was trying to point out the " domination" you were speaking of. Wasn't trying to down play anything just pointing out three matches are a bit different and the champ count is on NC favor. I am pretty sure those matches could've gone the other way a lot easier than you becoming a doctor. Come up with a better analogy next time.

Before state I predicted fw ss would have one champion but more guys finishing on the upper half of the podium than in recent years.  I was happily wrong on the champ count (2) but of the 22 placers from fw, (I believe I have this right) 9 finished 4th or better. I believe this equates to 16% of all top 4 finishers being from fw.  I understand that an equal distribution would be 25% coming from all ss's, but this seems to be an improvement from prior years. Though still probably the weakest of the 4 ss's, id say fw is definitely on the rise based on this seasons finish.  

Lol you are the one who said dominated. I was trying to point out the " domination" you were speaking of. Wasn't trying to down play anything just pointing out three matches are a bit different and the champ count is on NC favor. I am pretty sure those matches could've gone the other way a lot easier than you becoming a doctor. Come up with a better analogy next time.

Okay.  It was a pretty lame analogy, besides I stole it from the movie Doc Hollywood.  But it really was a pretty dominating performance considering 4 champs would be average if each SS held their own.  I will also say that the next several years may be a bit dry for the Merr. SS.  The talent pool may get a bit shallow for a while.

I've seen matches where the score ended 1-0 and the winner dominated the opposing wrestler.  So your focus on the "end score" is not to relevant to the statement you referenced.  Simply put 10 years from now, no one will remember if a wrestler won by one point for 15.  Merrillville dominated because they had the most wrestlers on the top of the podium.  I believe that's what he was trying to say. 

Very dissapointed in the showing of the Evansville Semistate

We did have a solid amount of placers, which those individuals should be proud of their personal accomplishments.  But, I agree as a whole the Evansville Semi-state was a little lower on the podium for most weights this year.  The opening two rounds definitely did not go in our favor in most cases.

You could make an argument for either Merrillville or New Castle depending on what metric you use.  Please exuse mistakes but should be close.

# Champs                    Mvl 8    NC  3

# in Finals                    NC 11  Mvl 10

# Placers                      NC 32  Mvl 27

# Points*                      NC 157  Mvl 141  (8pts for 1st....1pt for 8th) Didn't count falls, TF, Maj Dec.

Balance 1                    Mvl 120 NC 114    (Subtract pts from top team ie:  PM and CP)

Balance 2                    Mvl 100  NC 92    (Subtract pts from top 2 teams above plus Hanover Central and Cathedral)

Goes to show your prove anything with stats.  Suffice to say both did well

I dont know how many wrestlers that didnt make it out of other semi states actually had a decent shot at being under the lights if hed had won his teciket match. at Evansville i can name 2. AM i forgetting anyone? If other semi states had a wrestler that didnt make it out that could have been under the lights if it werent for a horrible and unfortunate draw..let me know.

Terrence Kennedy

Blake Rueger

New Castle was the deepest and toughest.

106- Boston's thumb injury before the semi state was huge. Not to say Micic would not have still won. But Boston was a completely different wrestler before the injury. He did not look good at the semi state or the state.

113- James would beat Phillips from Yorktown by 6-8 points.

126- Throw a 3time place winner. 2time state champ into the mix in Cody Phillips. Injury held in out.

152- Mullins under preformed! Bad coaching in the 3rd period cost him.

170- If not for referee allowing a match that was supposed to be stopped in a tech fall to keep going Tyler Willis shoulder wouldn't havebeen popped out. I think he would have been state champ. Just ask anyonewho saw the Perry Cathedral dual. How good he is with two healthy arms.

Hwt- Winfield ***potty mouth*** the bed Friday night. Kid def should have been a finalist. Got caught plain and simple. No one on his side of the bracket should have beat him.

I know Perry wonthe coaches trophy.  Was Cathedral 2nd? If so the top two place winning teams came from NC.

Even though my semi state went through New Castle  I must give the edge this year to merrillville. Pretty tough to argue with 8 champs. With that said.... has anyone figured up which semi state will return the most place winners next year?

New Castle was the deepest and toughest.

106- Boston's thumb injury before the semi state was huge. Not to say Micic would not have still won. But Boston was a completely different wrestler before the injury. He did not look good at the semi state or the state.

113- James would beat Phillips from Yorktown by 6-8 points.

126- Throw a 3time place winner. 2time state champ into the mix in Cody Phillips. Injury held in out.

152- Mullins under preformed! Bad coaching in the 3rd period cost him.

170- If not for referee allowing a match that was supposed to be stopped in a tech fall to keep going Tyler Willis shoulder wouldn't havebeen popped out. I think he would have been state champ. Just ask anyonewho saw the Perry Cathedral dual. How good he is with two healthy arms.

Hwt- Winfield potty mouth the bed Friday night. Kid def should have been a finalist. Got caught plain and simple. No one on his side of the bracket should have beat him.

I know Perry wonthe coaches trophy.  Was Cathedral 2nd? If so the top two place winning teams came from NC.

If "if" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it would be christmas everyday. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.