Dark Horse

BumbleBee1989

Matt Irick of HSE 170

Has a very good chase of winning it all.  If he wrestles up to his abilities.  You could see him on the top of the

podium come Saturday night. 

Thats a bold statement but i agree. Didnt he give willis a run for his money at team regional I think he did but i dont remember

Thats a bold statement but i agree. Didnt he give willis a run for his money at team regional I think he did but i dont remember

You are correct.  It was the best match I saw all year.  4 or 5 high level scrambles by both guys.

This was not your normal 170 match.  Both of these guys can really move!

He has a really tough Friday night matchup (Lannert), but Cody Handley is very good.

Similarly, Cash really impressed the heck out of me. Micic might be too tall an order at this point, but Cash is very tough to score against.

Gino Gillum might not be as slick as Corsaro, Harvey and Venezia, but he will rip your head off if he gets the opportunity. Very athletic, very strong.

Conner Robinson is very dangerous--Zach is right. Irick too.

145 Hiestand....  if he gets by Mavros Friday night he may just make a run at the finals...

182 Busse...  he has been wrestling at a much higher level these past few weeks than he was during the season...

I think Biberstine has a real shot at not only being under the lights tomorrow but coming out on top.  At this point I don't know if you consider him a "dark horse" or not, but the last polls have him ranked 12th.  He was a freakin beast at the FW Semi's last week, completely dismantling a higher ranked 48-0 Colby from Kokomo in the semi finals before winning in the finals.

He will definitely make his presence known!

Luke Welch at 120... I could see him pulling it out over Campbell and then Todd.

You forgot Petrov.  WOW.  That kid was on a mission.  I am going to get the videos of him in the Semis and the Finals and use it as an example how to take it to the next level.

You forgot Petrov.  WOW.  That kid was on a mission.  I am going to get the videos of him in the Semis and the Finals and use it as an example how to take it to the next level.

I sure did. I thought Todd would beat him, but he was dominant in their match. Petrov wrestles very well!

I was not far off on this one.  Lost a close one to the champ and dominated everyone else.

Great senior year Matt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.