Regional Brackets

Bellmontfan

the website says the brackets are up, but there is no link. is anyone able to open the brackets? or give me some advice?

Think we just need to be patient until official results are placed on IHSAA website and regional brackets can then be created.  I think that is where we will be able to view the regional brackets once they are created.

You can also figure it out if you know the other sectional in your regional.

sectional A vs. sectional B

Hope this helps.

As formerwrestlers said it basically just crosses the two sectionals together.  But, I believe technically if you want to work through each round of the bracket it would be set up like this. That way the sectional #1 and #3  and sectional #2 and #4 fight in the semi's.

1st A vs 4th B

2nd B vs 3rd A

2nd A vs. 3rd B

1st B vs. 4th A

So I might be 'Bracketly-challenged' but why aren't the brackets put together in a consistent manner?

Should be in all weights:

1st Match:  1st A vs 4th B

2nd Match: 2nd B vs 3rd A

3rd Match:  2nd A vs. 3rd B

4th Msatch: 1st B vs. 4th A

But when looking at the Regional brackets for Goshen there seems to be no methodology for which of the pairings are Match 1 thru 4.  What advantage is there in wrestling the forst match at a certain weight versus the 4th match at that weight?  They were announcing at the Elkhart Sectional yesterday that the pairings on the IHSAA website were wrong and coaches should wait for the correct ones to be posted on the Goshen High School athletic site.

It just seems to me that any time people start jockeying around with consistent methods, things tend to get screwed up.  Regional Brackets are not like rocket science or even like Semi-State pairings, it should be a piece of cake.

You need to get over yourself it was just an observation!!!

An observation might be "Hey Y2, thanks for the brackets....btw it looks like you have last year's weight classes."  Instead you decided to make a smart aleck remark and after a few hours of typing names in, it probably didn't sit too well.  Does it make it right, no, but don't act surprised and try to hide behind the "it was just an observation" phrase when the dog bites back.

I, for one, remember the days of driving to pick up newspapers so I could see who won at other sectionals and making my own brackets.  Now we have someone who does it for the entire state and I appreciate it.

For what it is worth, thanks to all of you who spend so much time with the brackets, rankings, forum moderation, etc.

I, too, remember what it was like to get the info before this site, and I really appreciate the ease with which we are able to access the info now, mostly thanks to a lot of work by a very few dedicated people.

You do a great job. Thank you very much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.