Perry VS Cathedral

zachpierson

From what I have heard Coach Tonte's thoughts are probably exactly like this: all of these match ups will be highly contested.  These two matches in  particular are going to be battles. We, I mean, he expects to see Cathedrals best efforts and I am pretty sure he has the same expectations from the Perry kids.  I did hear that he may have deflated the blow up Falcon several years ago and filed it under the"didn't work" storage bin. Hope that helps your fantasy picks:)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard Coach Tonte's thoughts are probably exactly like this: all of these match ups will be highly contested.  These two matches in  particular are going to be battles. We, I mean, he expects to see Cathedrals best efforts and I am pretty sure he has the same expectations from the Perry kids.  I did hear that he may have deflated the blow up Falcon several years ago and filed it under the"didn't work" storage bin. Hope that helps your fantasy picks:)

Not as much insider information as I had hoped for my fantasy line-up...but learning the fate of the blow up Falcon was more than expected, so  I'd call it a win

I guess what I meant to ask was, how has Cathedral's lineup improved since that time.  Just because something changes, doesn't always make it better.  Are those 4 weight classes now significantly better and if so, explain?

Hartwell replaces Devine at 126: not sure here, but he must be better or he wouldn't be in there

Venezia replaces Haas at 138: he is a sectional champ, 2x regional champ...major improvement

Corsaro in at 145: sect and reg champ, finished 6th at state at 135...major improvement

Gino Gillam replaces Haas at 152: great athlete, stud on Cathedral's championship football team...huge improvement

against Crown Point, Cathedral lost 37-19. They would not win at 145, but maybe Vinnie only gives up a major (-2 for CP). If they turn around the other three decisions, it becomes an 18 point swing. Now the final score is Cathedral 28 Crown Point 26...the Irish are greatly improved!

Hartwell replaces Devine at 126: not sure here, but he must be better or he wouldn't be in there

Venezia replaces Haas at 138: he is a sectional champ, 2x regional champ...major improvement

Corsaro in at 145: sect and reg champ, finished 6th at state at 135...major improvement

Gino Gillam replaces Haas at 152: great athlete, stud on Cathedral's championship football team...huge improvement

against Crown Point, Cathedral lost 37-19. They would not win at 145, but maybe Vinnie only gives up a major (-2 for CP). If they turn around the other three decisions, it becomes an 18 point swing. Now the final score is Cathedral 28 Crown Point 26...the Irish are greatly improved!

Thank you.  That's what I was looking for.

From what I have heard Coach Tonte's thoughts are probably exactly like this: all of these match ups will be highly contested.  These two matches in  particular are going to be battles. We, I mean, he expects to see Cathedrals best efforts and I am pretty sure he has the same expectations from the Perry kids.  I did hear that he may have deflated the blow up Falcon several years ago and filed it under the"didn't work" storage bin. Hope that helps your fantasy picks:)

C'mon IndyT - That blow up doll was there in 2010 for the dual. You love that thing!

As for the CP match, all football players weren't even all reported by the time of the Traicoff as is customary every year we get to the State Football Finals.  There were multiple people not down to weight. Cathedral matches up way better with Perry than it does with Crown Point, however.

Amazing BroadcastSport is covering this! And, even more happy that the IndyStar will have an article. I was trying to remember the last time the Star ran a piece on a dual meet (outside of Team State)? It would be even more incredible if they ran the article on Thursday morning giving some publicity to the dual for the Indy wrestling community. Lots of dormant wrestling fans out there not on IndianaMat that would shake out for this dual. .

C'mon IndyT - That blow up doll was there in 2010 for the dual. You love that thing!

As for the CP match, all football players weren't even all reported by the time of the Traicoff as is customary every year we get to the State Football Finals.  There were multiple people not down to weight. Cathedral matches up way better with Perry than it does with Crown Point, however.Amazing BroadcastSport is covering this! And, even more happy that the IndyStar will have an article. I was trying to remember the last time the Star ran a piece on a dual meet (outside of Team State)? It would be even more incredible if they ran the article on Thursday morning giving some publicity to the dual for the Indy wrestling community. Lots of dormant wrestling fans out there not on IndianaMat that would shake out for this dual. .

Apart from the obvious 145, where do you see Perry as a better match up for Cathedral than Crown Point was?

QUOTING INDIANAWRESTLING GUY : "As for the CP match, all football players weren't even all reported by the time of the Traicoff as is customary every year we get to the State Football Finals.  There were multiple people not down to weight.

Um what??, when was the last time the Bulldogs went to the State football Finals??? I believe they were smacked down by Penn in the Regionals this year.  So the Bulldogs wrestlers had an extra 2 weeks over all state finalist teams.  Please correct me if I am wrong,  Doesn't mean it still wasn't hard for some of these guys to get into wrestling shape after going that far, but please state the facts next time

Panther out.

Yeah the tailgate is going to be awesome, and the dual is going to be even better! 

Will the tailgating also be on  Broadcast.net for those of us that won't be able to make all the out to the Frozen Tundra of Indys south side?

There will be at least three undefeateds that will be no more. Should be awesome, I think the Johnson Harvey matchup and Willis Masingale matchups are the most interesting. Two opposite styles going at it bothe ranked 1 & 2 can't wait.

There will be at least three undefeateds that will be no more. Should be awesome, I think the Johnson Harvey matchup and Willis Masingale matchups are the most interesting. Two opposite styles going at it bothe ranked 1 & 2 can't wait.

I agree. I predict a new #1 ranking at both 160 and 170.

Interesting from 2010:

Perry Meridian 39, Indianapolis Cathedral 20

103 ? Michael Venezia, 10, Indpls. Cathedral def. Nick Bova, 09, Perry Meridian, Decision 9-4.

112 ? Jared McKinley, 10, Perry Meridian def. John Hummel, 10, Indpls. Cathedral, Fall (0:55).

119 ? Brian Harvey, 10, Indpls. Cathedral def. Michael Clem, 11, Perry Meridian, Decision 7-4.

125 ? Jason Simmons, 12, Perry Meridian def. Alex Collignon, 12, Indpls. Cathedral, Fall (1:56).

130 ? John Stringfield, 12, Indpls. Cathedral def. Joey Klinesmith, 11, Perry Meridian, Major Dec. 12-0.

135 ? Kenny Harris, 12, Perry Meridian def. Sam Oskins, 12, Indpls. Cathedral, Fall (5:12).

140 ? Kirk Johnson, 10, Perry Meridian def. Gino Gillum, 09, Indpls. Cathedral, Decision 11-7.

145 ? Derek Harz, 11, Perry Meridian def. Conner Lenehan, 09, Indpls. Cathedral, Fall (1:54).

152 ? Nick Witten, 12, Perry Meridian def. Maxx Hamm, 11, Indpls. Cathedral, Decision 4-2.

160 ? Austin Neibarger, 09, Indpls. Cathedral def. Jake Masengale, 09, Perry Meridian, Major Dec. 16-2.

171 ? Casey Devlin, 12, Indpls. Cathedral def. Sam Tasseff, 11, Perry Meridian, Decision 4-2.

189 ? Andre Richards, 10, Perry Meridian def. Steven Hackl, 12, Indpls. Cathedral, Fall (1:01).

215 ? Logan Cooper, 11, Perry Meridian def. Jake Buchanan, 12, Indpls. Cathedral, Decision 7-1.

285 ? Wes Stokes, 12, Indpls. Cathedral def. Devin Schaffer, 11, Perry Meridian, Decision 8-4.

So where is the "Wade McClurg Tailgate" taking place?

It will take place at my house located behind the high school.  Google Maps says it is a whopping .2 miles from the tailgate to the gym.  Unfortunately I don't know the guys who run broadcastsports.net very well, but maybe if we get the word out we can get some live video coverage at the tailgate.... and maybe if we get really lucky Coach P will give the audience a rundown of the dual meet and a "prediction" if he's not too busy eating his turkey burger.

Wade, Beef Jerkins and Cake Phillips will both be broadcasting and tailgating at your house.  Just don't know I f we can get the camera back to school in time to set up for the match.  They did the Perry matches at Belmont.  They are looking forward to the meet this Thursday.

Wade, Beef Jerkins and Cake Phillips will both be broadcasting and tailgating at your house.  Just don't know I f we can get the camera back to school in time to set up for the match.  They did the Perry matches at Belmont.  They are looking forward to the meet this Thursday.

Folks, you heard it here first!  Coach Glasser just making things happen as usual.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.