MTV True Life "On the Mat"

Y2CJ41

Tonight after you get done watching Teen Mom stay tuned to MTV for True Life about a wrestling team.  Here is the preview from MTV.

High School wrestling is like no other sport. Those who devote themselves to it often say a typical season falls somewhere in between torture and pure hell. At Lake Stevens High, with seven Washington state championships under their belt, an incredibly demanding coach, and a student body that expects them to win state every year, and the pressure?s always on. Last year, the squad finished fourth ? which was considered to be a disaster.  This year, losing is not an option, so they?re kicking it up a notch and doing everything possible to reclaim their title.

FYI Coach Barnes of Lake Stevens has put out a few decent technique videos in the last few years (top, bottom, neutral).  From what I've seen before he's definitly got a system for getting his guys to constantly attack in all positions.

Tonight after you get done watching Teen Mom stay tuned to MTV for True Life about a wrestling team.  Here is the preview from MTV.

High School wrestling is like no other sport. Those who devote themselves to it often say a typical season falls somewhere in between torture and pure hell. At Lake Stevens High, with seven Washington state championships under their belt, an incredibly demanding coach, and a student body that expects them to win state every year, and the pressure?s always on. Last year, the squad finished fourth ? which was considered to be a disaster.  This year, losing is not an option, so they?re kicking it up a notch and doing everything possible to reclaim their title.

But was teen mom good tonight?

I can't believe that kid was celebrating winning a class state championship.  What a loser!

I mean considering all the drama he was putting his team through, and the lack of dedication he was showing at the beginning of the show. There's NO WAY he would've won a single-classed title, that's for sure.

The Steven Walkley kid who won state at 140 last year got kicked out of school afterwards for disciplinary issues.  He's not even on the teams roster for this season.  What a waste of talent.  Class wrestling or not, he pinned everyone at the state tournament.  He seemed like a hothead on the show anyway.  Just my judgement.

Rumor has it all his issues stemmed from class wrestling. He was haunted by other class champs. He just didn't have the coping skills to handle it. Shame,shame.

I wouldn't doubt it, rarely do you ever hear of the ugly side effects of class wrestling.  Luckily we have MTV to tackle all these hard hitting issues!

I'd like to see some Indiana teams get the cheerleader thing going:

"Twist 'Em Like A Pretzel, Show 'Em How To Wrestle

Twist 'Em Like A Pretzel, Show 'Em How To Wrestle"

I recall back in my middle school days we went to a meet where the "mat maid" cheerleaders where sitting right at matside hitting the ground and doing cheers.  It wasn't to impressed with it and they weren't to thrilled when two big wrestlers keep going out of bound right into their area.

The show sucked. 

First of all, do they not have the same weight regulations that we have?  Hammering a kid to lose 2.5 more pounds after he had already cut 9.5 pounds that day is ridiculous and borders on abuse.  The kid said I can't run anymore I am cramping up. That should be all he needs to say about it.  I am a firm believer in pushing the kids to limit, but when it comes to cutting weight it has been proven that this is not a good idea.  Also the coaches used guilt trips to try to get their wrestlers to do stuff.  "Oh we have done this for you, you owe us this." 

The finals looked thrilling with the lights down and only 2 kids wrestling, wait no it didn't.  And then the award ceremony looked incredible.  "Hey find your seat with the other 32 place winners just try not to mess up the paper"  Also it looked pretty tough to qualify for state.  "I just won districts.  I am off to state wish me luck"

I will take Indiana over this always. Single class individual wrestling is awesome and I hope we never lose it.  "There can be only one"  Just give me wrestle backs at regional and semi-state and a classed team championship and it will be perfect.

I can't believe all the negativity on here!  Most of the time wretling takes a back seat to every other sport and now they put a small documentary on TV about it and all you guys do is gripe.  "I can't believe the kid is celebrating a class state championship."  That is a rediculous comment!   What is he supposed to do, roll his eyes and say "That was dumb, I still am not the best"?  Maybe he can get his parents to move to a different state that has no class wrestling.  Maybe, he could move to Indiana and hit the state champion in the ticket round at semi state and not even qualify! Even though he may be the 3rd toughest kid in the state.  Then the 4th place finisher at his semi state could be the alternate from his Regional!  Just some cases I thought I would bring up, no state is alike and that is what makes us all different.  Congrats to all the great wrestlers on that team.  I thought it was a great show about the only sport I've ever loved!

BTW Caprino it is "they're democrat"

I can't believe all the negativity on here!  Most of the time wretling takes a back seat to every other sport and now they put a small documentary on TV about it and all you guys do is gripe.  "I can't believe the kid is celebrating a class state championship."  That is a rediculous comment!   What is he supposed to do, roll his eyes and say "That was dumb, I still am not the best"?  Maybe he can get his parents to move to a different state that has no class wrestling.  Maybe, he could move to Indiana and hit the state champion in the ticket round at semi state and not even qualify! Even though he may be the 3rd toughest kid in the state.  Then the 4th place finisher at his semi state could be the alternate from his Regional!  Just some cases I thought I would bring up, no state is alike and that is what makes us all different.  Congrats to all the great wrestlers on that team.  I thought it was a great show about the only sport I've ever loved!

BTW Caprino it is "they're democrat"

That's awesome, half of the comments were jest and are long running jokes in regards to class wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.