Traicoff Forfeits

ontherise219

Anyone know what happened at the end of the mish v. CP duel? Mish. Forfeited the last 5-6 weight classes and I was just wondering if anyone knew what happened or why?

I think Mish FF the last 4 matches . I was wondering why myself , it almost seemed like Mish gave up . Maybe to avoid risking injury as CP was in control of the match , I don't know . It was very weird to say the least .

I think Mish FF the last 4 matches . I was wondering why myself , it almost seemed like Mish gave up . Maybe to avoid risking injury as CP was in control of the match , I don't know . It was very weird to say the least .

So im confused.  Is this move, ffting 4 matches, honoring the great code of "team always comes first" or is there protection of individual records  for post season sectional seeding taking place? please help me understand because something doesnt make sense here.

What happened with the match of #7 Forte and #8 Halsted , I saw that Halsted forfeited , is he OK . I thought that would have been one of the best matches of the day .

Mish FF 5 total matches against CP , Kral , Tsirtsis and the final 3 matches 160,170,182 . Crown Point had 1 FF against Mishawaka's Forte .

So im confused.  Is this move, ffting 4 matches, honoring the great code of "team always comes first" or is there protection of individual records  for post season sectional seeding taking place? please help me understand because something doesnt make sense here.

Fans pay to see the good matchups and wrestlers Tsirtsis , Kral , Willis , Boston , Forte etc . What kind of message is it sending when teams FF against the elite competition . Tsirtsis was 5-0 and only wrestled 1 match .

At Mishawaka all we care about is the team.  It's the only thing we talk about.  It was a long and great day of wrestling.  Like most teams we were banged up heading in and more banged up by the end of the day.

Against CP - the forfeits we handed them at 145 and 220 were strategic moves.  We bumped our 220 to HWT because we felt he had a better chance to help the team at that weight.  Kral at 220 for CP is a monster.  At 145, it is T-shirts and I am realistic. 

At 160 Sidney Logan - we had to injury default the round before against Cathedral in the middle of the match.  We didn't bring a backup in that weight or the one below - we sent 3 teams out yesterday. 

By the time it got to 170 and 182 we had no chance to win.  Without getting into specifics, look back at our earlier results from Calumet.  You will see we sat out 170 and 182 when we could.  Yes, those two guys could have and would have wrestled if the team could have won.  But yes both those guys were banged up and rather than risk further injury we sat them. 

Sectional is a loooong time a way. haha...nothing to do with that.  If we wanted good records for the sectional, we would not schedule what I believe is the toughest schedule any team in the entire state has.  As soon as our team had no chance to win against Crown Point, we had to start thinking about this upcoming friday when we wrestle Lowell, MI at Mishawaka.  Lowell, MI is the real deal.  We are going to have our hands full and then some.  I needed to try to make sure our 170 and 182 had a chance to wrestle next friday when they could possibly help the team win.

Congrats to  Crown Point.  They are a great team.

Thanks

Snyder

I was looking forward to the Forte- Halsted match,as Halsted is looking awsome this year, but

his dad showed me a picture of his knee and it was swelled up the size of a 16 in softball and

is being taken to the Doctor Monday.  Hopefully he will be back for the Merrillville match.

I think it will be hard to beat them if hedoesn't wrestle.

Why not put a rule in place where if a team weighs in a wrestler for a weight class at a multi team dual event they would be required to wrestle that weight class for the event. If they choose to forfeit at that weight class, then for the remainder of the event that team would have to forfeit that weight class . I'm not saying that they have to wrestle their 1st string guy all day and they would be allowed to substitute but if they chose to forfeit the weight then they wouldn't be able to wrestle at that weight the rest of the event. Any thoughts?

I would of loved to see the matchup at full strength, but once again injuries, strategic moves and so forth, did not allow this to happen.  This is so frustrating to wrestling fans.  Maybe we should cancel the regular season and go straight into tournament time. Sectionals, so we can see all the matches we want to, instead believing the hype and the hype never materializing. One thing for sure all the kids will be ready for sectionals banged up or not.

Jason Tsirtsis was 5-0 on the day with 4 forfeits and I was wondering if they was any wrestler who have ever had his hand raised 5 times at 1 tourny?

Franklin evidently was the lone team to choose to wrestle Tsirtsis.

It's a shame that kids didn't get to wrestle him. He has been and is a great champion. I will never, ever forget at the Traicoff his freshman year when he wrestled against Quiroga and lost. Given his pedigree and the long shadow cast by the success of his brother, even one loss would seem to be a quite a blemish.

As we all know, he came back and beat Quiroga at state that year.

Looking at it as a Dad, I would be so proud of what that one loss meant, seeing how Tsirtsis learned from it and ultimately succeeded . . .

Anyway, again as a Dad, I would like to see my son given the opportunity to compete against such a worthy competitor and champion, rather than forfeit.

(just my $.02)

Smooth34,

The only thing that matters to us at Mishawaka is getting better and getting prepared for the end of the season.  I want my guys to improve and get better.  We never have and never will take lots of backups to a varsity tournament.  I don't want to take a bunch of backups and have them sit there all day and wrestle zero or one match.  I would rather roll with what I have and send most backups to tournaments where they can wrestle 4-5 matches.  I am not saying I am right or anything like that.  I am just telling you that is the way I/we approach it. 

Thanks

Snyder

Smooth34,

The only thing that matters to us at Mishawaka is getting better and getting prepared for the end of the season.   I want my guys to improve and get better.  We never have and never will take lots of backups to a varsity tournament.  I don't want to take a bunch of backups and have them sit there all day and wrestle zero or one match.  I would rather roll with what I have and send most backups to tournaments where they can wrestle 4-5 matches.  I am not saying I am right or anything like that.  I am just telling you that is the way I/we approach it. 

Thanks

Snyder

Coach - I totally agree with you.  I guess my point was in response to you saying you were banged up coming in.  So maybe this was a time where it would have benefited you to bring a few extra guys, just in case. 

Good luck this season. 

Coach - I totally agree with you.  I guess my point was in response to you saying you were banged up coming in.  So maybe this was a time where it would have benefited you to bring a few extra guys, just in case. 

Good luck this season. 

It would seem that being banged up would give some young guys an opportunity to wrestle in a great tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.