IHSWCA Team State Proposal(Link Inside)

Y2CJ41

The basic outline of the event looks good.  It will be interesting to see what type of criteria will be used for the event.  I wish there were two teams invited the year of the event, but it still is a good start to work with.  Congradulations on laying a good foundation for the first annual classed team state.

Seems like a lot of hard work---good job.

What is ironic is that I believe this may accomplish what the IHSAA could never do:

1. State Dual that will  be profitable. With 24 teams, that should certainly bring in good numbers of spectators and by bypassing the team regionals that will avoid the expenses with poor attendance at those venues.

2. The class system, with options to bump up should cetrainly capture the top teams. I do recognize that the lower teams (maybe 4-8) could be debated, however, I think the top three teams should be pretty clear.

Just as a question, what is the lowest rated team to ever make it to the dual finals (I mean the las match for first/second)? I doubt it has ever been a team that was not in the top 10.

I think the dual format has improved the overall quality of wrestling in the state. In the past, teams would focus more on their studs to score in the individual format. MD always placed emphasis in the dual formats and, as a result, dominated the series for the first few years. However, other schools adjusted and put together much better programs top to bottom. Castle, Reitz and Memorial are good examples in the South. I think it also helped to get more schools to pay attention to good feeder programs (especially in the middle schools).

I am glad to see the work put into this by the IHSWCA.

I will say last week my email has been crazy lol, i would leave for 20 mins and have 30 emails from the other coaches about ideas and discussion.  It was a great thing to bepart of and it really made me appreciate being part of the IHSWCA.  And i highly encourage every coach out there join.

I am pre-law and soon to graduate.  I am more than willing if there is any ironing out as far as potential contracts are concerned (if applicable).  Granted I will have my law school (or seminary) load on my shoulders but I am more than willing to make some sacrifices to the sport of wrestling if I can help.  I never had the opportunity to participate in Team State but I know at least for our team it was a goal.  This is an awesome aspect of the sport and would have no problem helping if called upon.  Wrestling saves lives and changes lives.

The question still stands how will it (or did it) get formed?

To me the process of selecting who participates will be the make or break of the whole thing. If there is a level of ditrust or unease with the selection committee or process this whole endevour will fall apart very quickly.

The question still stands how will it (or did it) get formed?

To me the process of selecting who participates will be the make or break of the whole thing. If there is a level of ditrust or unease with the selection committee or process this whole endevour will fall apart very quickly.

I believe it was formed at the IHSWCA December members meeting.  I agree with the second part of your post.

I believe it was formed at the IHSWCA December members meeting. 

Thanks. 

Can someone please post the names?  I am just curious as to who will be the ones making criteria and decisions.

Sorry AJ I missed your question the first time...Below is what you are looking for.  I would be intersted in adding a 2A Head Coach if someone is willing...Adrian  and Nick are working on a calculation/formula system as I type!

Committee Members:

Darrick Snyder - Mishawaka

Sam Riesen - Churubusco

Zach Harper - Jeffersonville

Jim Tonte ? Perry Meridian

Mike Day ? Centerville

Formula Calculators:

Nick Strub ? East Central

Adrian Troyer ? Lives Overseas

This is a great start.  I feel it's a shame it has to be based so much on early speculation (predicting top 7 teams at the end of the previous season).  The at large spot does some to remedy this.  Once this thing gets momentum, I would like to think that there would be a way for more than one team who has a singularly exceptional season to qualify.  If it became very popular and gained credibility, I would imagine that plenty of schools would be willing to break a contract a month before to come.  Perhaps 2 at large bids eventually?  

Just my thoughts.  Overall, I think it sounds great.  It would be a more realistic goal for our team than winning a sectional against large Indianapolis schools.

Sorry AJ I missed your question the first time...Below is what you are looking for.  I would be intersted in adding a 2A Head Coach if someone is willing...Adrian  and Nick are working on a calculation/formula system as I type!

Committee Members:

Darrick Snyder - Mishawaka

Sam Riesen - Churubusco

Zach Harper - Jeffersonville

Jim Tonte ? Perry Meridian

Mike Day ? Centerville

Formula Calculators:

Nick Strub ? East Central

Adrian Troyer ? Lives Overseas

Thanks Coach Snyder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.