14.) Franklin Community? (85)

15.) Jeffersonville ? (76)

16.) Lawrence North? (67)

17.) Jennings County? (41)

18.) New Castle? (32)

19.) Carmel? (28)

20.) Bloomington South? (24)

Other teams receiving votes:

Adams Central, Ben Davis, Castle, Columbus East, Delphi, Evansville Memorial, Fishers, Fort Wayne Carroll, Fort Wayne Snider, Greenfield Central, New Palestine, Noblesville, South Bend Clay, Westfield

3A Wrestling Team Rankings

1.) Perry Meridian

2.)  Crown Point

3.) Penn

4.)  Roncalli

5.) Merrillville

6.) Mishawaka

7.) Hamilton Southeastern

8.) Center Grove

9.) Reitz

10.) Cathedral

2A Wrestling Team Rankings

1. Yorktown

2. Bellmont

3. Jimtown

4. Evansville Memorial

5. Delphi

6. Fairfield

7. Danville

8.(tie) Garrett

8.(tie) Peru

10. Hanover Central

Others receiving votes: Jasper, Southmont, New Palestine, North Montgomery, Princeton, Culver Academies, Madison, Alexandria, Leo, Benton Central, Heritage Hills, Rochester, New Prairie, Griffith, Washington

1A Wrestling Team Rankings

1. Evansville Mater Dei

2. Alexandria

3. Fountain Central

4. South Adams

5. Prairie Heights

6. Adams Central

7. Speedway

8. Chururbusco

9. Southridge

10. Eastern (Howard)

Others receiving votes: Bremen, Bishop Noll, Lapel, Northfield, North Posey, Oak Hill, Pioneer, Shenandoah, Southwood, Tri Central, Wes Del, West Central.

How did Alexandria recieve votes in the 2a poll and they are also ranked in the 1a?

I think some of the voters have a little confusion with who is in what class.  I tried to correct these on the fly.  They are 1a school however.

I'm actually surprised Jimtown's not receiving any votes, we had a great team last year and this year in my mind we'll be even better. But hey, just makes us the underdogs and nothing wrong with that.

And I agree that Elkhart Memorial will be a tough squad this year also. Between Jimtown, Memorial, and Central, the Elkhart sectional will be pretty exciting this year.

I'm actually surprised Jimtown's not receiving any votes, we had a great team last year and this year in my mind we'll be even better. But hey, just makes us the underdogs and nothing wrong with that.

And I agree that Elkhart Memorial will be a tough squad this year also. Between Jimtown, Memorial, and Central, the Elkhart sectional will be pretty exciting this

year.

?

Its tough to class wrestling when a 1a team EMD is capable of beating any school in the state regardless of size.  Also, 2a Yortown and Bellmont can easily be mentioned in that same category.  Please do not take this as a ploy against classing wrestling.  I am in favor of classing the team state dual wrestling tournament, just not the individual, as well as within the confines of a class system finding a true team champion regardless of class. 

I'd love to see EMD a top the podium one more time before the IHSAA discontinues the state series.  But that being said Perry Meridian is a VERY good team from top to bottom.  Coach Tonte has them prepared and ready to wrestle again this year just like all the previous years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.