Jason Tsirtsis Commits to College at...

Devils27

"Utmost importance"  I don't think so, go to a school get your education.  Last time I checked teachers are being laid off everyday. Wrestling put you into position to get an education at a reduced rate. Do it for yourself. You have nothing to prove.  I hate to see a bright kid go to a college for wrestling purposes only.

Did you really just take 2 words frmo a paragraph and use it against me?  Haha  Last I checked not many NCAA champions coach high school most of them get assistant coaching jobs at a University.  Where they can coach and also earn their masters on the house.  I'm not saying we should send our children to college for the sport their great at, but there can be a happy median in choosing one.  Best of luck to Jason Tsirtsis in whichever college he so chooses!

Taylor will be 25-30lbs bigger most likely.

Who knows considering Taylor has already put on a ton of weight over the last several years, he may not be able to put on much more even though he said he wanted to.  Either way, Alton and Long wouldn't be to bad partners for Jason either.

Henry Cejudo skipped college entirely and reported straight to the olympic training center at the age of 17.  Oh, he also won an olympic gold medal. 

I think Cejudo was enrolled in college while at the OTC but I could be mistaken

I would like to see him pick Penn State.  He'd have great practice partners there, regardless of what weight he's at.  Wisconsin and Minnesota would also be good choices in the Big Ten. 

I am glad to see that people are talking about academics on here. I feel like academics is often overlooked in favor of athletics. It is good to see that people are saying he should go to schools like Northwestern and Cornell because of their academic prestige as well as athletic performance.

Kurt Angle wrestled for Clarion from 1988-1992.  He had two championships with a 2nd place in between.  He did not place his freshman year.

He's asking about Angel Cejudo, Henry's older brother.

Angel was set up to attend Arizona State, but decided to go to the Olympic Training Center instead.  Henry decided to move from Arizona to Colorado with him and attend the local high school there.  I'm guessing both have had oppertunities to enroll in college credit classes while at the OTC.

I am glad to see that people are talking about academics on here. I feel like academics is often overlooked in favor of athletics. It is good to see that people are saying he should go to schools like Northwestern and Cornell because of their academic prestige as well as athletic performance.

You get a great education at most/all Big 10 schools.

As a graduate student that's true.

So which Big 10 schools would a degree be worthless from?  The Big 10 is a good academic conference.  It's not the Ivy League, but it's better than just about every other conference. 

So which Big 10 schools would a degree be worthless from?   The Big 10 is a good academic conference.  It's not the Ivy League, but it's better than just about every other conference. 

Bahaha welp I guess i'll be the first one to make fun of a school and say Indiana University.  When SAT's were out of 1600 you could get into Indiana with an 850.  Boiler Up!!!

So which Big 10 schools would a degree be worthless from?  The Big 10 is a good academic conference.  It's not the Ivy League, but it's better than just about every other conference. 

When did I say worthless? Most have pretty low standards, and I'll always prefer to have small classes taught by professors instead of graduate students. Northwestern is very strong though, and each has their own strong programs in undergrad. But if you're interested in engineering, going to IU doesn't make as much sense as IU, just like if you wanted journalism it wouldn't make as much sense to go to Ohio State. As with anything though, do your homework and go to the best school for the intended major.

Bahaha welp I guess i'll be the first one to make fun of a school and say Indiana University.  When SAT's were out of 1600 you could get into Indiana with an 850.  Boiler Up!!!

I'm not an IU fan, but average SAT scores in 2009:

Indiana 1730

Purdue 1710

No one has mentioned Michigan.  Getting a degree from Michigan is tough but when you do your options are limitless.  Plus they have a very good wrestling program.  It all depends on what he wants to study.  I'm sure he will weigh all options!  Good luck Jason!

Bahaha welp I guess not every kid who chooses IU is a dummy. My son scored a 2100 on his SAT and a 32 on his ACT and had the same academic scholarship from IU and Purdue and he chose IU b/c he has more of an interest in attending law school.  Boiler Down!  As a family we moved to Indiana while our oldest was in elementary school so I have had plenty of opportunity to laugh at the inferiority complex Purdue people have towards IU.  As for wrestling, both IU and Purdue have weak programs but I suppose if you need to prop up your ego, you can honestly say Purdue has a better program.  Congrats, your second from the bottom of the Big 10.

Bahaha welp I guess not every kid who chooses IU is a dummy. My son scored a 2100 on his SAT and a 32 on his ACT and had the same academic scholarship from IU and Purdue and he chose IU b/c he has more of an interest in attending law school.  Boiler Down!  As a family we moved to Indiana while our oldest was in elementary school so I have had plenty of opportunity to laugh at the inferiority complex Purdue people have towards IU.  As for wrestling, both IU and Purdue have weak programs but I suppose if you need to prop up your ego, you can honestly say Purdue has a better program.  Congrats, your second from the bottom of the Big 10.

OUCH!!! lmao... ;D

IU presents a lot of opportunities. All of my classes except my foreign language classes were taught by professors. Small group discussions were led by PhD students. The only downside that i have found with IU is that the social life is always there. If you want to party on a sunday or a monday, there is always something going on and its hard to focus on the lab reports you have due the next day.

Jason is a very smart student-athelete......he has is own mind and will way all the pros n cons for the schools he has interest in......Jason is very intelligent and will make the best choice for him......He and alex we great leaders of their high school teams......they are not just great in wrestling, but care about their teammates getting better.  I personally don't care where he goes.....he will be successful anywhere he goes......but if I had to choose for him.....which will never happen......it would be.......PENN STATE OR IOWA!!!!!!!!! How many people can say they were coached by the best wrestler in college (Sanderson 4x ncaa champ undefeated) or Brands....just a plain winner......Jason when you know in your heart you will know.....make all your visits and you also have your brother and your awesome family(mom n dad) to consult.....Alex n Marino knows the pros n cons from experience.....Take care Jason.....Go ??????????

Coach Hidalgo

IU presents a lot of opportunities. All of my classes except my foreign language classes were taught by professors. Small group discussions were led by PhD students. The only downside that i have found with IU is that the social life is always there. If you want to party on a sunday or a monday, there is always something going on and its hard to focus on the lab reports you have due the next day.

I, too, attended IU. You are the ONLY person I have ever heard of that had the core English classes taught by professors. I do not personally know one person who ever had W131 taught by a professor! You're a lucky guy!

Apparently I shouldn't joke on here.  It's always fun to make poke at your in state rival come on guys. 

Ahh the Loosier's will put down their shot glasses long enough to get their fur up when you poke at them.  Next thing you know they will be talking John Cougar and Bobby Knight on ya!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ahh the Loosier's will put down their shot glasses long enough to get their fur up when you poke at them.  Next thing you know they will be talking John Cougar and Bobby Knight on ya!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

:o Now you leave "The Coug" and "The General" out of this! 

I would say it depends on how much he grows, but 141 would be a good fit for him, he's really too small for 149, for now anyway. I agree though, Purdue or IU would be a terrible choice. They're a little small, but as far as coaching goes Lehigh or American would be good, though I know absolutely nothing about their academics.

I have absolutely no idea on how you could say IU or Purdue would be a terrible choice...  They are both in state schools, so he could have his shot to rep Indiana again.  They both have outstanding academics, trust me i go to purdue.  Purdue has a pretty good coaching staff.  I'd say Scott Hinkel has done a pretty good job rebuilding that program.  While they aren't a big 10 championship caliber school (yet possibly), all it takes is for a few young kids to come in and set the tone for the classes to come.  I've seen it myself with struggling wrestling programs in high school.  When kids come in, de-throne the so called "captains and leaders" and make them work harder, by the time those young kids get a few classes under them they have built a strong team.  So while they struggle right now, all it takes is a good recruiting class to straighten things out.  MAYBE starting with tsirtsis!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.