Ways to make the state finals experiance more fan friendly.

MattM

I would assume the IHSAA and ISWCA would love to find way to get more interst in attending the state finals and more excitment out of the one that are present.  What changes would you suggest to helping this out.

that is aside from free snow cones for all.

I know someone said bring back the organ.

I alway thought it would be nice to have up on the jumbotron the names and school of the wrestlers on each mat in the color they were.  Not sure if a quick computer program would do the trick and just click on the next preloaded match to repalce the old one.  Obviously, running an active score on the screen would be much more to ask for but it would at least be nice to know who is wrestling where without having to break out the binoculars to see the score board numbers.  I think the more help you give fans into knowing what is happing the more they will get into the experiance. 

It definitely feels like something similar to this on the Jumbotron would not be that hard to pull off nowadays:

Mat 1: 103 BoomsmaDavis 1      2nd 0:27

Mat 2: 103 Fuqua 3        Lykins 0  2nd 0:58

Mat 3: 103 MarcianoKuhn 0    1st  1:34

Mat 4: 103 Hamm 5      Perez 4    3rd  2:00

It definitely feels like something similar to this on the Jumbotron would not be that hard to pull off nowadays:

Mat 1: 103 BoomsmaDavis 1      2nd 0:27

Mat 2: 103 Fuqua 3        Lykins 0  2nd 0:58

Mat 3: 103 MarcianoKuhn 0    1st  1:34

Mat 4: 103 Hamm 5      Perez 4    3rd  2:00

Even if it just had the names that would be a big improvement. But then they couldn't run ads the whole time unless they were banners along the top or bottom, so they might not be open to that one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.