Academic All State -- Petition for Recognition at State Meet!!

base

Not to take anything away from the awesome Parade of Champions currently done at the state championship -- but could we get momentum behind a request to have some sort of recognition for those special student-athletes who earn Academic All State honors?

I think it would send a great message to the young wrestlers out in the Conseco crowd -- and would also be a memorable experience for the juniors/seniors selected to get to go onto the floor of Conseco and have the crowd show their appreciation for their efforts.

If you support this idea, or know who could make it happen, please reply to this thread.

They do at least read through the names of the academic all-state student-athletes correct? I know they used to do this. Not the same as having them all come out on the floor, but it's not like they don't do anything for these individuals.

They already announce when an athlete competing is an academic all-state athlete. Naming the athletes who are academically inclined but not competing is irrelevant. Not that there accomplishments in school should be diminished, it simply isn?t relevant to the completion going on.

No wonder you have so many boo's wildcatcountry97........

I think that this is a great idea.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.