RANKINGS UPDATED

RankingsGuy

hey everyone, as of 10:40 pm eastern time on jan. 11th 103-135 are posted.  140 thru heavy will be posted shortly, as they are already done.  you will notice that some of the weights list a top 20 and some only list a top 16.  the weights that i feel like have competitors in slots 17-20 that are "too close to call" with #16 they were included in a top 20 and the weights where i feel there is a clear cut top 16, those were left as 16.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering who Chamberlain @145 has lost to? He pins Heistand and is still unranked... Just a little confused bout this...

Chamberlain of Evansville Central has a loss to Trevor Appel of Reitz.  Appel of Reitz has losses to #8 Tiandre Edwards by Fall and to unranked John Timmerman of Fort Wayne Carroll 4-0.  Timmerman is actually in the #1 spot on the watch list making him #17 in the state, so before Chamberlain were to see the rankings, there's 4 or 5 ahead of him that would have to seriously fall off.  I'm considering his fall of Hiestand, while impressive, not indicative of his whole season.

With all due respect rankings guy he lost in the lost in the last round of overtime. A match that could not have been any closer. And sense were arguing who beat who i guess that means Heistand shouldnt be ranked at all because he lost to "unranked" Chamberlain.

With all due respect rankings guy he lost in the lost in the last round of overtime. A match that could not have been any closer. And sense were arguing who beat who i guess that means Heistand shouldnt be ranked at all because he lost to "unranked" Chamberlain.

Hiestand's overall body of work has him ranked right where he should be. (2 state qualifications with 1 top 6 medal)

Hiestand was winning the match that he was caught and pinned by Chamberlain.

The question that I have to ask myself and I think you should ask yourself as well is "which is the real Austin Chamberlain?"  is it the one who went to double overtime with someone who can be classified as in his same league, trevor appel?  or is it the one who pinned a far superior two time state qualifier on a fluke move while trailing in the match?

I'd argue that the first one is a better representation of who Austin Chamberlain is and that is why I ranked him as such.

Ya i guess you can call it trailing when he was down by two which was given to heistand 5 seconds before being put to his back. All i'm saying is you'd think if he heistand was as good as your saying he is it seems like he'd be good enough not to get caught in a "fluke move". So the question you should really be asking is, is heistand the type of wrestler that gets caught in a fluke move or is he the kind of wrestler that will lose to another excellent wrestler.

Ya i guess you can call it trailing when he was down by two which was given to heistand 5 seconds before being put to his back. All i'm saying is you'd think if he heistand was as good as your saying he is it seems like he'd be good enough not to get caught in a "fluke move". So the question you should really be asking is, is heistand the type of wrestler that gets caught in a fluke move or is he the kind of wrestler that will lose to another excellent wrestler.

And I'd argue that the answer to that question is BOTH.  He'd get caught in a fluke move by Austin Chamberlain and lose to another excellent wrestler in Eric Roach.

Chamberlain of Evansville Central has a loss to Trevor Appel of Reitz.  Appel of Reitz has losses to #8 Tiandre Edwards by Fall and to unranked John Timmerman of Fort Wayne Carroll 4-0.  Timmerman is actually in the #1 spot on the watch list making him #17 in the state, so before Chamberlain were to see the rankings, there's 4 or 5 ahead of him that would have to seriously fall off.  I'm considering his fall of Hiestand, while impressive, not indicative of his whole season.

RG, ive only disagreed with you twice on here, the first one was J. Sampson of New wash.  he went on to finish 45-4 and placed 7th.  I am hoping Chamberlain is another Sampson. Otherwise rankings look great as always, keep up the good work.

Chamberlain was being dominated by Heistand.  I saw the match.  Then he somehow did a sit up while on his back and rolled the kid to his back and stuck him.  Of all "fluke moves" this is one of the flukiest.  Although I have seen it before in the finals when James Starks (I think) did something similar to John Boes in the finals in 1990.  If any of you saw that match, that is basicall what happened in the Heistand/Chamberlain match.

Chamberlain may be one of the best 16, but this results of this match are deceptive to say the least.

Perkey/Escobedo-type thing?

Chamberlain was being dominated by Heistand.  I saw the match.  Then he somehow did a sit up while on his back and rolled the kid to his back and stuck him.  Of all "fluke moves" this is one of the flukiest.  Although I have seen it before in the finals when James Starks (I think) did something similar to John Boes in the finals in 1990.  If any of you saw that match, that is basicall what happened in the Heistand/Chamberlain match.

Chamberlain may be one of the best 16, but this results of this match are deceptive to say the least.

As you have explained in this post you have been watching wrestling a long time. Which makes me wonder why you'd say he was getting dominated with a score of 2-0 in the first period. That just doesn't sound right to me.

Take it easy.  He was taken to his back, he was no threat to score until he came off his back for the pin in the last few seconds of the period.  It was pretty schocking to most of the people watching.  I remember wondering before the match if he could give him a match and during it thinking he was a little outclassed.   Do you think Chamberlain is better than Heistand?  

Plus Central a 1-0 match can be dominating.  There are several matches that are low scoring in which one of the wrestlers is dominant. 

I like the Chamberlain kid.  I think he wrestles hard. 

fair enough.  so based off what your posts im guessing Hesitand would win a rematch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.