Watson MI/Dorsey ARL

Johnson BR/Wysong HAG

Beeson GFC/Stevenson IC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also known as seeding...  ::)

I don't think it's competely seeded some weight classes look like only the top 2 or 3 are seeded. For example at 285 it looks like the top 3 are seeded but at the spot where tyhe 4th seed would be spotted neither on of the wrestlers would be a 4th seed but 112 looks like they seed the top 4. I'm not even sure if 145 is even seed based on the other brackets.

To me, and this is just my opinion and may not mean anything, but I believe they need to seed the damn thing or do a totally blind draw. If you are gonna separate kids just seed it and have a meeting so coaches have a chance to get their kids the best opportunity to place high. Or do a complete blind draw that way it is fair to everyone and not just keep a few kids out and draw everyone else. Everyone should have a fair shot if the tourney is not seeded. I don't know the whole thing of separating a few kids and then drawing and calling it a "blind draw" is sketchy to me. I think if it is gonna be a "blind draw" every kid should have the same chance to wrestle any kid, so what if Todd and Phillips, and whom ever have to wrestle in the first round? That is the nature of the beast.  If they are gonna separate they might as well seed. No sense in doing it half way just for a few kids. Like I have said, the Al smith can seed, so can Connersville, but if they are going to do it, they need to do it right. End rant.

What team is CENN folks? Looks seeded to anyone who knows the top wrestlers, and no way is it fair to just seed a few in each weight class. Why shouldn't everybody have the same odds to draw the studs in the first round? The studs are the studs and should not need the advantage of the draw to not see other studs until the end, if Joe Smith doesn't get the same advantage. It's like Kolbe getting the benifit of the ref's calls when he's already the best player on the floor, he's already the best player and it's crap to get a unfair advantage that the average guy wont get. I would like to see it seeded myself but not just the top 2 - 4 guys!! It's flat wrong ???

It may be all seeded the same I dunno every wrestler in the tourney I just don't think every weight class is seeded the same. for example at 145 i'm pretty sure there's no state qualifiers from the past but I know of 4 semi-state qualifiers but based out the other brackets none of those semi-state qualifiers are seeded if that bracket is seeded. Edwards from NC is ranked in the state but all the other weight classes the one seed is the very top left but edwards is the top right. Maybe that's just the only weight class that they messed up where they placed the one seed but 145 hardly seems seeded compare to some of the other weight classes. I know at 285 the wrestler placed for the 4th seed is a freshman that is 200 pounds and I believe with a 2-6 record, now the guy he's facing could be the 4th seed but I don't think he even went to regionals last year. I agree though they should seed every weight class the same with at least 6 probably 8 seeds or don't seed any. I have no problems with it not being seeded if they're just going to give some wrestlers the advantage but not others. Plus to me it looks like some teams which I'm not going to name as the best draws for their wrestlers in every weight class. I'm pretty sure there's some teams that aren't matched up with any 1 seeds in the first 3 rounds. Though that team could have gotten extremly lucky. I also know there's a team that is matches up with a 1 seed with in the first 3 rounds in all but 2 weight class. which wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't a team with none. I know that's never happen to batesville back when none of it was seed. but I'm sure there's more teams in that situation. I just feel that it would be different if there was full seeds. sry it's late and I just ranted so everything I said is probably pointless. I just feel every weight class should be made the exact same way. I just got bored and did a lot of thinking.

By the way Cenn is centerville I think based on the fact that centerville is there.

Here I go note that I have not seen everone wrestle and I'm goinf off of the past and I may leen towards the wrestling I've seen already this year.

103: Elmore over Kuhn

112: Philips over Todd

119: Farrel over VanHook

125: Kiefer over Moody

130: Harvey over House

135: Raley over Keiffer

140: Keiffer over Reuger

145: Feller over Maple (this weight class could be wrong I just don't know who's all the best... I have Feller beating Edwards though)

152: Levever over... Rojas I guess I don't know a whole lot about this one either

160: Levever over Holt

171: Willis over Manning (I haven't seen Willis this year but Manning may beable to win this one)

189: Stevenson over Jewett (Jewett looks good this year I don't know much about the guy from Carrol so this might be him instead)

215: Reece over Smitherson

285: Henson over Stevenson

Here I go note that I have not seen everone wrestle and I'm goinf off of the past and I may leen towards the wrestling I've seen already this year.

103: Elmore over Kuhn

112: Philips over Todd

119: Farrel over VanHook

125: Kiefer over Moody

130: Harvey over House

135: Raley over Keiffer

140: Keiffer over Reuger

145: Feller over Maple (this weight class could be wrong I just don't know who's all the best... I have Feller beating Edwards though)

152: Levever over... Rojas I guess I don't know a whole lot about this one either

160: Levever over Holt

171: Willis over Manning (I haven't seen Willis this year but Manning may beable to win this one)

189: Stevenson over Jewett (Jewett looks good this year I don't know much about the guy from Carrol so this might be him instead)

215: Reece over Smitherson

285: Henson over Stevenson

I have to disagree with your thought of Manning being able to beat Willis at 171lbs, because when Tyler is healthy it's going to take some kind of special athlete to beat him. I'll take Willis by a couple takedowns....

I have to disagree with your thought of Manning being able to beat Willis at 171lbs, because when Tyler is healthy it's going to take some kind of special athlete to beat him. I'll take Willis by a couple takedowns....

I didn't say Manning was going to I said he MIGHT beable. Like I said I haven't seen Willis wrestle this year but I'm seen Manning and Manning might be that special athlete in fact I predicted Willis to win but I wouldn't count Manning out. Manning is probably the hardest work I've seen so far this year not to take away from the other wrestlers I've seen. If any one is going to beat Willis at connersville it's Manning. I haven't seen Willis this you so he might be out of Mannings reach but if he can beat Manning by a couple of takedowns he's my pick to win 171 this year.

If I remember correctly, its 2 rounds of championship bracket, followed by 3 rounds of consi's , the next day starts with I think 2 more rounds of championship bracket followed by consi's until final placements.  The top 8 in each bracket are all wrestled at the same time.  Hope this helps you.

If I remember correctly, its 2 rounds of championship bracket, followed by 3 rounds of consi's , the next day starts with I think 2 more rounds of championship bracket followed by consi's until final placements.  The top 8 in each bracket are all wrestled at the same time.  Hope this helps you.

I believe that sounds right. I  just remember you win your first two matches and you had a nice relaxing evening.  You lose one of your first two matches and it will be a long night if you want to make it to day two.  Nothing like winning your first two, going back to sleeping comfortably at the hotel early only to have your HWT (who worked his way to day 2) walk in the dark room, throw you off the bed, and claim the bed as his.  The flood just doesn't help you get those extra moments of sleep you need.

first day is right... second day is quater finals, wrestle backs, Semi championship and quaterfinal consi at the same time, semi consi, finals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.