The south Has Risen Again (Including Indy)!!

PreparetoWin

I have much respect for the Region...great wrestlers, great coaches, great teams ( I am a big D. Maldonado fan).  But since there was a topic on here about respect for the region I will list some possible state champs outside of the region...Just showing some more pride for the guys down toward the southern half.  :) :)

103 #1 Boomsma Bloomington South

112 #1 Phillips Union County

119 #2 Campbell New Castle (not really southern but also not in the region lol)

125 #1 Keiffer Roncalli

130 #1 Raley Indian Creek

135 #1 Jackson Yorktown (not really southern but also not in the region lol)

140 Ok, until Tsirtsis is beat hes the man :)

145 #2 Richey Brown County

152 #1 Welch Castle

160 #1 Welch Castle

171 #1 Stein Princton

189  #2 Stevenson Indian Creek

215 #1 Reese Indian Creek

285 #1 Meyer Bellmont

Thats not a bad lineup so lets have some respect for Da South (of the region) ;) ;D

I think you may be taking some liberty with "the south" in comparison to  "the region."  :) 

But it is worth noting that that the southern part of the state does have several ranked wrestlers this year that should do well for themself.

LOL I would say its a huuuugggeee stretch!!! but it is south of Michigan, so its all in your perspective.  ;D

But I think Triple B is right, alot of us have been playing catch up for so long to The Region and extended to South Bend/Mishiwaka area, so anything not in the RED is South...its just nice to have fun and show some pride. 

Maybe if you compare Merrillville Semi State to Ft. Wayne, New Castle and Evansville combined you can use the entire state. Take any other 5 connected counties and find an all star team better than one from the Region.

Maybe if you compare Merrillville Semi State to Ft. Wayne, New Castle and Evansville combined you can use the entire state. Take any other 5 connected counties and find an all star team better than one from the Region.

Easy . . . just let me pick in New Jersey or maybe Ohio.

The three county area of warrick, vanderburgh, and gibson might compete. That picks up castle, mater dei, reitz, and Mr. Stein from princeton community hs. A person could do worse.

This was fun...I used 5 or less surrounding counties for each area. I gave Ft Wayne area Delaware County and Whitley I think it was as well as 5 others (lots of farm land up there gotta even it up). Here are the results: Who do you think wins??? its pretty close. Thanks for the idea "thecomets":) BTW someone check my numbers and see how bad I messed it up!!

Area and ranking number per weight class 103-285 ( 0 indicates no current ranking)

Indy

2, 2, 5, 1, 4, 2, 4, 5, 3, 7, 2, 1, 1, 3

Region

3, 3, 1, 8, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6, 4, 12, 4, 5, 0

Evansville

10, 0, 3, 6, 8, 8, 5, 0, 1, 1, 1, 3, 0, 7

Ft Wayne

7, 11, 2, 5, 0, 1, 7, 4, 2, 3, 3, 10, 4, 1

South Bend

0, 4, 12, 4, 6, 0, 9, 3, 7, 16, 0, 5, 3, 2

I have much respect for the Region...great wrestlers, great coaches, great teams ( I am a big D. Maldonado fan).  But since there was a topic on here about respect for the region I will list some possible state champs outside of the region...Just showing some more pride for the guys down toward the southern half.  :) :)

103 #1 Boomsma Bloomington South

112 #1 Phillips Union County

119 #2 Campbell New Castle (not really southern but also not in the region lol)

125 #1 Keiffer Roncalli

130 #1 Raley Indian Creek

135 #1 Jackson Yorktown (not really southern but also not in the region lol)

140 Ok, until Tsirtsis is beat hes the man :)

145 #2 Richey Brown County

152 #1 Welch Castle

160 #1 Welch Castle

171 #1 Stein Princton

189  #2 Stevenson Indian Creek

215 #1 Reese Indian Creek

285 #1 Meyer Bellmont

Thats not a bad lineup so lets have some respect for Da South (of the region) ;) ;D

Bellmont is up by Fort Wayne dude, lol

mY GUESS is da boys from down south are stuffing da ballot box. I do have to ADMIT Dat iNDY area is awfull tuff- we can tank fast Eddie P. for teachin your boys all of da tricks we have by da lake. We will get our share dis a year. My guess we geta team tittle . Ole Vlink gotta a mitty fine team dis a year. We will all see at Jimmy Watkins wraslin room dis weekend. See ya all dare - might have to take a field trip to da deja vue on staurday night.

Bellmont is up by Fort Wayne dude, lol

no way...when did Bellmont move up near fort wayne??? I thought they were in evansville or maybe closer to terra haute...lol As you might have noticed I also added New Castle and Yorktown...they are a little north as well. Just a little clowning around picking top wrestlers outside the region;) Lighten up guys, have some fun ;D ;D ;D

no way...when did Bellmont move up near fort wayne??? I thought they were in evansville or maybe closer to terra haute...lol As you might have noticed I also added New Castle and Yorktown...they are a little north as well. Just a little clowning around picking top wrestlers outside the region;) Lighten up guys, have some fun ;D ;D ;D

No doubt...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.