Team Regional Rankings (FINAL)--WITH SECTIONAL FAVORITES

maligned

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Munster beat Portage

Based on early-season results only, I would have predicted Munster over Portage; but I gave the benefit of the doubt to Portage rankings-wise (because of last year and the rankings services) until they had the chance to meet.

Carroll, South Adams, Whitko, Dwenger, Homestead, Garrett, Leo, Adams Central--they're all in the mix for beating each other on the right day, just like last year.  Carroll has everyone back but one guy and hammered a very good Leo team 55-9.  Considering Leo beat a quality AC  team rather handily, 42-24, the Carroll over Leo result is to me the single best performance by any of these teams so far.  Still, South Adams' body of work has been very strong and they have a chance to do something special this year.  Whitko has last year to go on to some degree, but they lost to Dwenger (now seemingly full strength after football state finals, disregard most results before this past weekend) and barely beat a couple of improving, but not top teams (Columbia City and Wawasee) that I just don't think Carroll and South Adams would have struggled with.  I slotted Whitko above Dwenger because they were slightly stronger in the Whitko/Dwenger/Huntington North merry-go-round from this past weekend.  Dwenger may still prove to be stronger.  Homestead is above Garrett only because of their one common opponent (South Adams) performance.

No excuses...but it should be noted that Whitko has not wrestled at full strength yet this year.  Carroll sectional should be a barn-burner.

Still a LOT of information missing from this past weekend. 

Anyone have full results from the Traicoff? 

There are almost ZERO results for the entire season from the Kokomo area--any help?    Eastern, Western, and Kokomo should all be decent this year, but they must have abandoned their programs. 

These are two examples of many.  It would be great to know how all the teams are doing.

Thank you.  I'm working on an update with some other additional results.  Someone told me in a PM Logansport beat Delphi, but didn't share a score.  I was surprised, so this seems more correct.  I will adjust accordingly.

Significant changes made to several regionals...many of them are difficult to slot.  Lots of merry-go-round results...A beat B who beat C who beat A type of thing.  Great example down south: Mt. Vernon with wins over HH and Princeton, but lost to Gibson S.  Gibson S., though, got walloped by HH.  And HH lost to Princeton.  Try to sort that one out...oh, yeah, and throw Jasper in there as defending Big 8 champs but difficult results to interpret.  Anyway, keep the results coming!  It's fun to try to make this as accurate as possible.

I just posted the box score from Homestead vs. Wayne too.  Only one Homestead varsity kid in the lineup from my quick look at it.

Yeah, if we really wanted to get crazy with Genius, we'd weight each result by the percentage of first-team kids actually wrestling in a particular match.  Unfortunately, every team wrestles without varsity guys here and there.  For rankings' sake, I feel most of it will come out in the wash (although your situation from last night is tough to make up).  BTW, I noticed the Wayne/Homestead result shows up in Wayne's results, but not Homestead's on the overall results page.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.