Best Family Last 10 years

CharlieMcGinley

i guess we could count cusins and not a big ego i just want to kno numbers and how we do against other families. bc i think my family is goin for the most wins by one family and i want to do real good so we can have the most

Good luck this season Charlie!!

That is a great link Chambers, but Charlie did state in his initial post that his query was just about the past ten years.

It is true that Charlie did state in his initial post that he was just interested in the past ten years. I trust that Charlie is bright enough to look on the right side of the list at the link I provided to see the years the wrestlers in each family graduated and pick out the ones that fall in the last ten years. Charlie also had another post where he stated that he wanted to do well this year in a effort to break the record for most family wins. I don't think he was talking about the record in the last ten years in that case.

Well being its over the last 10 years (2000-2010)  I would hope no one was bringing upany recent Father/Son combinations to add to the list.   :o  Several great brother and cousin combinations throughout the state to speak off.  Its evident that wrestling talent runs in many families.

With that being said, what would be some of the most notable Indiana wrestling families of all time, cousins, brothers, uncles, etc included?  I can think of the McGinleys because it seems like there are 1,000 of them.  The Maldanado's were tough in my day, as were the Carr's, Leavell's, Schaeffer's and Bradley's.  Of course you have the Tsirtsis boys, Escobedo's, etc.  I'm certain there are some "old school" names that wreaked havoc on opponents?  I'd like to hear some older tales??????

Hard to go against Tsirtsis's.  6 tries and 6 championships.  Only 2 losses out of about 330 matches.

yes its very hard to go against that. Who was Jason's losses to, I thought 1 was to BWright ? The Bradley's I think are a good brother combo, and of course the Ellis's

yes its very hard to go against that. Who was Jason's losses to, I thought 1 was to BWright ? The Bradley's I think are a good brother combo, and of course the Ellis's

Had a loss to Cashe and a loss to Anthony Napalus (sp) from M-Ville

The Todd brother's from Pendleton Heights should be of mention too...Mitch, Matt, & Mason.  Mitch was a state qualifier, Matt a 2X state qualifier & runner-up his senior season, Mason qualified for state as a freshman, took 5th as a sophomore, and still has two seasons remaining.  Not sure how many total wins they have combined; but I am certain it is up there with some of the other families noted.   

they are all brothers to thats impressive. how many have there been to.

Vince Fiechter 00-04 -118wins (4th place at state 2004)

Troy Fiechter 05-09 - 121 wins

Darin Fiechter 06-10 - 134 wins (state qualifier 2010)

Benjamin Fiechter 10-14  33 wins on his freshman season

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.