Top Freshman for next season

What freshman do you think will have the biggest impact next season?

Perry has Cody Le Count, Aiden Kenny,Wes Bernard, and a hand full of others that will be battling for a spot.    Fleener, Cottey , Kelley should be a good class of wrestlers

i know cody lecount will be 103 what weight are the other two  probably gonna be around ???

Some that I expect to make an impact right away...

Chandler Carroll (Yorktown), Benjamin Harvey (New Pal), Cody LeCount (Perry), Tommy Forte (Mishawaka), Evan Smiley (Beech Grove), Kenny Hughes (Lowell), Luke Decker (Warren) just to name a few.. These guys will be starting the 2010-2011 season either in the rankings or on the watch list ready to move up quickly...

Chandler Carroll (Yorktown), Benjamin Harvey (New Pal), Cody LeCount (Perry), Tommy Forte (Mishawaka), Evan Smiley (Beech Grove), Kenny Hughes (Lowell), Luke Decker (Warren) just to name a few.. These guys will be starting the 2010-2011 season either in the rankings or on the watch list ready to move up quickly...

It will be interesting to see how the new weight classes impact these young wrestlers.

Good list....

If Cody goes 103 I see him being #1 in no time, he is exciting to watch.

Chandler is a great wrestler. That is always a great match up with those two Cody and Chandler.

Wes Bernard will be a heavy weight, and one of the top ones at that

do you think wes bernard can beat out schafer for hwt on varsity????

Do you really think that LeCount will be 103 next year?  I was seeing him more around 112.

i see him at 103 if he goes 112 then i guess i see bova staying 103 i assume mckinley to 119. i heard bova was having trouble keeping 103 weight and he will grow in the off season so thats why i see lecount at 103, but not sure

i see him at 103 if he goes 112 then i guess i see bova staying 103 i assume mckinley to 119. i heard bova was having trouble keeping 103 weight and he will grow in the off season so thats why i see lecount at 103, but not sure

ALL of them will grow some during the offseason....

Lecount wrestled @ 110 pounds at the Middle School state championships earlier this year, not the 102 lb class.  Unless he was just bumping up to look for better competition, I'd guess that he's not going 103 next year.

well im not sure what he going i just heard earlier in the year he was going 103 but it sounds like that might change. i really dont see him going 112 unless bova stays 103 b/c then those two would wrestle off eachother.

what is the new weight classes gonna be is it just the six pound allowance that i have heard people talkin of ???

well im not sure what he going i just heard earlier in the year he was going 103 but it sounds like that might change. i really dont see him going 112 unless bova stays 103 b/c then those two would wrestle off eachother.

what is the new weight classes gonna be is it just the six pound allowance that i have heard people talkin of ???

If there are new weight classes, the most likely scenario is that the lowest weight class will be 106 or 107 with the next at 114 or 115.  There's no 6-pound allowance.  The new weight classes will be based on extensive research that puts a nearly equal number of participants in each weight (as opposed to now, where nearly double the number of kids want to wrestle 130 compared to 103).  Though the plan wasn't to "increase" each weight, one way to think of the resulting weight classes is that each one increases slightly (1 to 5 pounds) except 285.  Again, though, the idea is to put the weight classes where there will be the most participation possible--not just have an arbitrary "allowance" or "increase."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.