Reasons for a class system for team state

youngone

Yes there are examples of where coaches have stayed at smaller schools.  Without knowing why they are still there you can't tell much.  For instance in my case, I may be waiting patiently for the right job to open up before I jump ship.  I am not going to jump ship to just any program, I will gladly stay at Garrett for 20 years without a problem because I love the community(FYI I grew up there if you didn't know).  Garrett has a special thing with me there, the parents, other coaches and the kids will tell you that in a hearbeat.  I believe almost everyone in our Garrett wrestling family knows that I could move on to another school at any time, but so far have chosen to stay at Garrett.  I am in no rush to move on, but if the right position opens up I will definitely take a look at it.

Sorry for the bragging, but that is my situation.

Off the top of my head I can name two great coaches that moved up from 2A to 4A or 5A, that being Randy Kearby and Jim Tonte.  As SlickRodz stated, they wanted a chance for more success so they moved to a bigger program.  I can say there are more examples on a lesser scale of good or great coaches moving up.

This is why. Now imagine having your own boys on the team and ten years can slip right by in a flash.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess that football success is partially a reason for Kernn not moving onward and upward.

He is a football coach, yep. And a great teacher at the school. He has a son (a young wrestler) and daughter going to Jimtown.

I have two of Jimtown's best coaches as neighbors, Sharpe and Kerrn. Top notch guys for sure.

He is a football coach, yep. And a great teacher at the school. He has a son (a young wrestler) and daughter going to Jimtown.

I have two of Jimtown's best coaches as neighbors, Sharpe and Kerrn. Top notch guys for sure.

The camaraderie of that staff is a unique thing a big part of the success Jimtown has across the board.  (Along with good parents and kids of course).  But hey, I'm a conference rival, I shouldn't be kissing Jimtown's butt. LOL.

The camaraderie of that staff is a unique thing a big part of the success Jimtown has across the board.  (Along with good parents and kids of course).  But hey, I'm a conference rival, I shouldn't be kissing Jimtown's butt. LOL.

You are a conference rival, my conversation with you is now over... OK, one question Karl, why did Overmyer drop to 112 for conference?

WHats with Jimtown at semi state?  Not trying to get anyone mad here.  They wrestle a pretty descent schedule with the Al Smith in there.  I was really thinking they were going to do some serious damage down at state.  It was a shame to see.

You are a conference rival, my conversation with you is now over... OK, one question Karl, why did Overmyer drop to 112 for conference?

Don't mean to butt in, but it was mostly him taking a look at wrestling 112 against quality competition to see if he wanted to wrestle there for the state series.  Didn't feel any more comfortable there than at 119, so 119 was fine for him.

WHats with Jimtown at semi state?  Not trying to get anyone mad here.  They wrestle a pretty descent schedule with the Al Smith in there.  I was really thinking they were going to do some serious damage down at state.  It was a shame to see.

We made sixty! I'm rich!!!

First I'd like to my family and friends for being by my side (except for my wife who knows nothing about this). Secondly I'd like to thank Joe whom I call "Y", for having this here forum for us all to make fools of ourselves. Lastly I'd like to thank Kanye West for not interrupting my speech...

Now what exactly is your point DNR?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.