Reasons for a class system for team state

youngone

its not just wrestling coaches.... its humanity... i mean if you were offered 2 jobs which would you take.... one that paide you a million dollars a year to show up and you aere guaranteed a million dollars, or a job where you had to show up, work your butt off, and make a million off of commission?

Quite frankly it is my lack of faith in humanity, humanity takes the easy way out of the way if it is presented.

You don't just show up to be a state champion.  I showed you the potential match-ups and I doubt any state championship would be just handed out.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is easier to make it to state in football, basketball, volleyball, and all the classed sports than it is in wrestling.  I see the football coach pushing 7 on 7 in the summer, I see the basketball team in a rec league in Fort Wayne, I see the volleyball team with a camp during the summer.  Those coaches and athletes are still working hard for success even though it is "easier."  

Easier? That's definitely your opinion on that one Y2... Are you serious?

Your just being facetious, right?

That is how pin2win1 puts it.  That is why I put it in quotes.  I guess if he wants to put it that way, it definitely is easier to win a 2A(now 3A) title than to win a single class football title.  I would rather use the term a level playing field, but to all their own.  His big shtick is that is we go to classes no one will work hard anyone since it will be easier.  Are you saying that Bill Sharpe and now Mike Campbell don't take the summers off to go on cruises and go to Disney World?  Are you saying that even though there are classes that people will still work hard for their goals?

Your own data shows that the individual tournement has no advantages to the big school.  Small schools accout for 25% of the students and 25% of the staters.  If all these so called dissadvantages were actually effecting small school individuals then the numbers would have a descrepency.  They don't your making up stuff and saying it based not on fact or logic.  You had two staters on your team both played multiple sports for a highschool that isn't in the wealthiest area of the state.  If there were a disadvantage then these kids would be an anomoly, but since it happens all over the state you can't say that.  

Your own data shows that the individual tournement has no advantages to the big school.  Small schools accout for 25% of the students and 25% of the staters.  If all these so called dissadvantages were actually effecting small school individuals then the numbers would have a descrepency.  They don't your making up stuff and saying it based not on fact or logic.  You had two staters on your team both played multiple sports for a highschool that isn't in the wealthiest area of the state.  If there were a disadvantage then these kids would be an anomoly, but since it happens all over the state you can't say that.  

Are you talking to me???

Ok, my last classless wrestling post, so I figured I would make it my propossal to class indivdual state.

First we are going to have atleast 3 classes, I mean schools of 200 cant be expected to compete with schools of 900, just as schools of 900 can not be expected to compete with schols of 4,000. I mean this is what Y2 says, small school athletes can't compete with large school athletes, so 3 classes.... 103 schools per class.

Ok, so now that we have that settled, different regions have diferent harships and different experiences, therefore within these three classes we will have to divide Indiana into 4 quadrants, therefore our classes are now increased to 12, meaning classes of approx 26 wrestlers.

Ok, now it is unfair for a kid who plays multiple sports, so individully we will have to divide each class up into another sub class, one for the multi sport athletes, and another for the one sport athlete. That leaves us with maybe 13 wrestlers per weight class in 24 classes, that is if we luck out and are evenly divided between multi and one sport kids.

But wait! That means 5 wrestlers won't get a medal. Oh wait, economically, it is unfair for a kid whose parents make 30,000 a year to compete with a kid who makes 100,000 a year. Therefore we will have to have 3 classes within each class, one for below 25,000, one for between 25,000 and 99,999 and one for over 100,000 (this may have to beadjusted so we can make it even and put the splits in the right places) That leaves us with just over 4 wrestlers per weight class.

Oh great..... look 4 to 5 wrestlers in each class, now all can be recognized for their hard work. By this standard, our kids can now wrestle in 72 seperate classes and all make it to state. Better yet they can all place in the top 5!  Way to go kids, glad we could give you all recognition. Now we will have plenty of 4 time state placers and even state shampions! Now colleges should realy recruit Indiana Kids..... Infact, if that is the case, under this sstem every NCAA All-American will be from indaina, cause no one else fron any other states will ever be recruited. But hey atleast we found a way to make the playing field even right?

Hey DNR, next year i am buying Garrett 16 ribons (maybe a couple fewer), for all their kids who do not make state, and for the coach and asst. coach. Then I am going to send them over to Joe at the end of the year. I figure we should do this for our disadvantaged small schools to show them that we support their efforts. Which school would you like to send ribbons to? karl could use some.

jimtown 138, this is not a class wrestling post. I promised i would be done, but if you want i could fill this thread withfluff so you can get those wrestling shoes..... I have always liked Jimtown. Good school, good program, good coach atleast if it is the same coach that I am thinking of. I would love to help a Jimmie out ;-)

Ok, my last classless wrestling post, so I figured I would make it my propossal to class indivdual state.

First we are going to have atleast 3 classes, I mean schools of 200 cant be expected to compete with schools of 900, just as schools of 900 can not be expected to compete with schols of 4,000. I mean this is what Y2 says, small school athletes can't compete with large school athletes, so 3 classes.... 103 schools per class.

Ok, so now that we have that settled, different regions have diferent harships and different experiences, therefore within these three classes we will have to divide Indiana into 4 quadrants, therefore our classes are now increased to 12, meaning classes of approx 26 wrestlers.

Ok, now it is unfair for a kid who plays multiple sports, so individully we will have to divide each class up into another sub class, one for the multi sport athletes, and another for the one sport athlete. That leaves us with maybe 13 wrestlers per weight class in 24 classes, that is if we luck out and are evenly divided between multi and one sport kids.

But wait! That means 5 wrestlers won't get a medal. Oh wait, economically, it is unfair for a kid whose parents make 30,000 a year to compete with a kid who makes 100,000 a year. Therefore we will have to have 3 classes within each class, one for below 25,000, one for between 25,000 and 99,999 and one for over 100,000 (this may have to beadjusted so we can make it even and put the splits in the right places) That leaves us with just over 4 wrestlers per weight class.

Oh great..... look 4 to 5 wrestlers in each class, now all can be recognized for their hard work. By this standard, our kids can now wrestle in 72 seperate classes and all make it to state. Better yet they can all place in the top 5!  Way to go kids, glad we could give you all recognition. Now we will have plenty of 4 time state placers and even state shampions! Now colleges should realy recruit Indiana Kids..... Infact, if that is the case, under this sstem every NCAA All-American will be from indaina, cause no one else fron any other states will ever be recruited. But hey atleast we found a way to make the playing field even right?

Hey DNR, next year i am buying Garrett 16 ribons (maybe a couple fewer), for all their kids who do not make state, and for the coach and asst. coach. Then I am going to send them over to Joe at the end of the year. I figure we should do this for our disadvantaged small schools to show them that we support their efforts. Which school would you like to send ribbons to? karl could use some.

The Crazy train has officially left the station.  All aboard!!!!

jimtown 138, this is not a class wrestling post. I promised i would be done, but if you want i could fill this thread withfluff so you can get those wrestling shoes..... I have always liked Jimtown. Good school, good program, good coach atleast if it is the same coach that I am thinking of. I would love to help a Jimmie out ;-)

I like wrestling shoes...

Oh great..... look 4 to 5 wrestlers in each class, now all can be recognized for their hard work. By this standard, our kids can now wrestle in 72 seperate classes and all make it to state. Better yet they can all place in the top 5!  Way to go kids, glad we could give you all recognition. Now we will have plenty of 4 time state placers and even state shampions! Now colleges should realy recruit Indiana Kids..... Infact, if that is the case, under this sstem every NCAA All-American will be from indaina, cause no one else fron any other states will ever be recruited. But hey atleast we found a way to make the playing field even right?

I am glad you have thrown in the towel.  This post clarifies that you concede that class wrestling is a viable option to help Indiana wrestling.  Thank you for playing and good luck.

Well I totally agree with you pin 2 win except don't waste your money on 16 ribbons for Karl his team will only need 7 or 8.  I know I get political about this a little bit but this is the liberal minds sets at their worst.  Nothing will ever be fair to these guys.   The way they treated you yesterday on the board was rediculous.  I mean sure Im ruthless but I am the most hated man on the board.  Y2 is on pace to smoke me in that department.  Kudos to you Y2, for being the most close minded liberal on the board.  Karl your a close second but at least your post are sometimes educated.

Well I totally agree with you pin 2 win except don't waste your money on 16 ribbons for Karl his team will only need 7 or 8.  I know I get political about this a little bit but this is the liberal minds sets at their worst.  Nothing will ever be fair to these guys.   The way they treated you yesterday on the board was rediculous.  I mean sure Im ruthless but I am the most hated man on the board.  Y2 is on pace to smoke me in that department.  Kudos to you Y2, for being the most close minded liberal on the board.  Karl your a close second but at least your post are sometimes educated.

No way! You're one of god's children...

Ok, so I am new to this conversation...and i am not about to go back and read all 6,342,587 pages on class wrestling, so i probably missed this part of the conversation.  For the record i am undecided on class wrestling, but there is one major point that i dont know if i can look past.....

..If i have to find 14 top tier athletes of different weights, i think i have a better chance of finding the complete 14 best if i search through 4,000 kids than from 900 kids....will i find some out of the 900, sure, will i find the best out of that 900, sure, but i know i would rather have the 4000 to search through...i likes them odds better....

Ok, so I am new to this conversation...and i am not about to go back and read all 6,342,587 pages on class wrestling, so i probably missed this part of the conversation.  For the record i am undecided on class wrestling, but there is one major point that i dont know if i can look past.....

..If i have to find 14 top tier athletes of different weights, i think i have a better chance of finding the complete 14 best if i search through 4,000 kids than from 900 kids....will i find some out of the 900, sure, will i find the best out of that 900, sure, but i know i would rather have the 4000 to search through...i likes them odds better....

Tilt, let me get you up to speed on this topic. There's a guy named Y2CJ41 that's NOT for classing wrestling what so ever. And well, after saying that....good luck!

That maybe true but does a small school have an equal shot of making quality wrestlers in the room if they start from a young age?  I think Matre Dei, Yorktown, and AC are prime examples of schools who have gotten into wrestling at early ages that have benifited in the room.  All three schools have great youth programs at their school or near by.

I am glad you have thrown in the towel.  This post clarifies that you concede that class wrestling is a viable option to help Indiana wrestling.  Thank you for playing and good luck.

I wouldn;t use those exact words.... i would say that everything has been said that can be said. You know I have heard it said that you can't argue with idiots cause they will only bring you down to their level.... well i got tired of being brought down your level. So the wise thing to do is let you claim victory and remain an idiot than be an idiot myself ;-)

I like wrestling shoes...

want my old pair? They are old asic split soles.... around a size 9 i believe? I think they are in decent condition. I can drop them off today if you wish, that is if i can find them.

Did he get a parting gift?

Yes, sanity.... the best parting gift ever.

The Crazy train has officially left the station.  All aboard!!!!

is that the same one as Ozzy Osbourne's crazy train? If so awesome, I love me some bat heads.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.