Reasons for a class system for team state

youngone

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is the fallicy i see in y2 and Karl's arguement. The overgeneralize to the point of saying all small schools have these problems and no large schools have these problems... fact is I bet many large schools have similar or other problems that put them at a disadvantage too....

The best schools:

.1. Mishawaka (23-0) - large

2. Crown Point (12-1) - larger

3. Yorktown (27-1) - medium

4. Perry Meridian (22-1) - large

5. Castle (15-3) - large

6. Evansville Reitz (17-1) - large

7. Evansville Mater Dei (17-1) - small - parocial

8. Merrillville (17-2) - larger

9. Penn (17-3) - huge

10. Portage (14-6) - very large

11. Bloomington South (17-4) - large

12. Bellmont (19-5) - medium/large

13. Franklin (20-6) - large

14. Roncalli (12-3) - large - parocial

15. Jeffersonville (22-6) - larger

16. Cathedral (18-3) - large - private

17. New Palestine (22-5) - large

18. Carmel (7-4) - gargantuan

19. Lawrence North (10-5) - huge

20. Center Grove (19-5) - very large

We are talking about individuals not teams right now... I wonder if Union City's coach is anygood... or if their state champs say they have a coach that isn't any good?

Maybe for the best or the best schools which tend to be larger on a whole... However, if this were the case jsut because a school was large, then why are south bend wrestlers not doing well? Heck they can even somewhat recruit within their city. These are lareger schools, and yet we have maybe 2 state qualfiers coming out of each one at best. So in that situation, I think Garrett is pretty equal to SB schools, despite being smaller.

I mean if we are going to fix the "disadvantage" to individuals in the small schools how do we fix them at the larger schools like the SB schools?

I mean we are totally over generalizing here.

South Bend Riley is an excellent program.  They have had 3 state qualifier in 09 and 3 in 08.

South Bend Clay is an excellent program.  The have produced a state champion recently and beat Yorktown this year.

Adams and Washington are solid, not world beaters.

South Bend wrestling is fine and most years Garrett would not fair to well against either Riley or Clay.

They must battle two top 10 teams all the way through the state tournament.  Your from the area, I would assume you knew more about the south bend programs.

South Bend Riley is an excellent program

South Bend Clay is an excellent program

Adams and Washington are solid, not world beaters.

South Bend wrestling is fine and most years Garrett would not fair to well against either Riley or Clay.

They must battle two top 10 teams all the way through the state tournament.  Your from the area, I would assume you knew more about the south bend programs.

Wow, umm, excellent huh? Really? I know my SB teams..... they are not "excellent" maybe good, but excellent?

Riley used to be better, before some politics screwed them over about 8 years ago, Clay is a decent program who has had decent years in the past. Sure the beat YT, but they got spanked by Penn, who in turn was spanked by numerous top 10 teams at Belmont.

Washington and Adams I would say are avg at best.

But then again, excellent, good, solid, average are all subjective and can mean different things to different people.

here is the fallicy i see in y2 and Karl's arguement. The overgeneralize to the point of saying all small schools have these problems and no large schools have these problems... fact is I bet many large schools have similar or other problems that put them at a disadvantage too....

We have never said all small schools are struggling, nor have we ever said that all big schools are fine and dandy.  Look at the numbers, they do not lie, small schools are struggling at an extremely higher rate than bigger schools.

i believe it may have been the AJ hijacking thread... you know the one Y2 and I ironically hijacked from AJ ;-)

I will bring it back up, I just searched it and I only said the word less once in it.  Feel free to search the thread yourself.  I will leave it up until 11:30.

http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,10478.0.html

I will bring it back up, I just searched it and I only said the word less once in it.  Feel free to search the thread yourself.  I will leave it up until 11:30.

not worth it.... how about i just admit being wrong so I don't waste time looking through pages of a thread...... So officially i declare i was wrong, about y2 saying I said Mishawaka had less athletes than Garrett, he only said that I said the same.

Although even saying that I said it was the same is still putting words into my mouth.

Wow, umm, excellent huh? Really? I know my SB teams..... they are not "excellent" maybe good, but excellent?

Riley used to be better, before some politics screwed them over about 8 years ago, Clay is a decent program who has had decent years in the past. Sure the beat YT, but they got spanked by Penn, who in turn was spanked by numerous top 10 teams at Belmont.

Washington and Adams I would say are avg at best.

But then again, excellent, good, solid, average are all subjective and can mean different things to different people.

Clay and Riley would beat Garrett more years than not. 

Riley has state a state champion, multiple time placers and 3 qualifiers in 09 and 08 (not 2 at best).  I'm fairly certain they were ranked last year.

Clay has had a state champ recently and routinely have state placers.

One thing has occurred in the past 730+ post.  Y2 and Karl have distinguished themselves as the most close minded arrogant people in the state.  That pretty sad to see people of their age actiling like 10 year olds.  Its cool the more your talk the more everyone knows your full of crap.  Thanks for fighting the good fight pin to win.  Educated people can see you clearly are bringing up some great points.

Riley has state a state champion, multiple time placers and 3 qualifiers in 09 and 08 (not 2 at best).  I'm fairly certain they were ranked last year.

Clay has had a state champ recently and routinely have state placers.

Clay and Riley have a couple good individuals a year at most, I would hardly call that having excellent programs.So does Garrett.

Also Riley has been that way for years now, they really have kinda settled into the couple state qualifiers but nothing more and I would say has been that way since the mid 90's. Clay has made some strides and they have probably imporved since the mid 90's to be where they are at.

Clay and Riley have a couple good individuals a year at most, I would hardly call that having excellent programs.So does Garrett.

Also Riley has been that way for years now, they really have kinda settled into the couple state qualifiers but nothing more and I would say has been that way since the mid 90's. Clay has made some strides and they have probably imporved since the mid 90's to be where they are at.

At the top they may be equal to Garrett, where they will surpass Garrett is their average wrestlers and their "weak links."  That is the major difference between a big school and small school.  Both will have top athletes, but the next tier of good and average athletes are much more plentiful.

You said they have had 2 state qualifier at most.  In two of the last 3 years they have had 3.  They were ranked in the top twenty last year.  How many schools ever get more than 3 qualifiers? 

Please search it, I would hate for you to be right.  A little hint, see the search bar at the top of the thread?  Type in less or Mishawaka or whatever and it will search the thread and that thread only.

Nope, i will just say I made a mistake in saying you said garrett had more or mishawaka had less... it is ok, I can stand to be wrong sometimes.... sometimes it just isn't worth it.

One thing has occurred in the past 730+ post.  Y2 and Karl have distinguished themselves as the most close minded arrogant people in the state.  That pretty sad to see people of their age actiling like 10 year olds.  Its cool the more your talk the more everyone knows your full of crap.  Thanks for fighting the good fight pin to win.  Educated people can see you clearly are bringing up some great points.

Who said i was educated DNR ;-)...... you assume too much, i think we all do on these boards..... but you assumed right this time..... I have 2 degrees and probably more college credits than anyone I know. But that was because i switched majors so many times, not because i love school ;-).

I just looked it up, my small school district where I live has more kids on free and reduced lunch than Mishawaka does.  

Does this mean that the parents of the kids are divorced? Plus aren't alot of agricultural areas poorer? Also do they have as many opportunites at getting jobs? I mean in a city there are lenty of fastfood places and retail stores that want high schoolers, can that be said of Akron? (I am just asking, I am not trying to infer anything.)

Your points are all uneducated.  Small school individuals are exactly where they should be at 25% of the staters.   If your going to say that bigger schools have the same ratio of wrestlers as Garrett then they should also have the same ratio of staters compared with population.  Big schools account for approximatly 75% of the students in the state thus they should have 75% of the staters.  If big schools had any advantage at all they would account for more like 85 or 90 percent of the staters.  Basically this should tell any logical person that individuals have the exact same chance at the state level as big school wrestlers.  Why should we class it and let the little schools get wrestlers that are not as good make it to state?   Is this fair for a bigger school kid who was better then a small school kid?  

well if we use couple as a hard number then I would be wrong, but I was using it as more of a subjective term than anything else.

they may get 2 or 3 to state some years, but the other 11 or 12 normally are not that great. Hardly enough to be called an excellent program.

Does this mean that the parents of the kids are divorced? Plus aren't alot of agricultural areas poorer? Also do they have as many opportunites at getting jobs? I mean in a city there are lenty of fastfood places and retail stores that want high schoolers, can that be said of Akron? (I am just asking, I am not trying to infer anything.)

Don't know the answer to these questions.  I do know it shows a higher percentage of kids in my district are not as well off as in Mishawaka. 

There are plenty of places to work in Akron, Mentone, Warsaw, Silver Lake, and Rochester, along with working on the farm or in the egg factory.

Don't know the answer to these questions.  I do know it shows a higher percentage of kids in my district are not as well off as in Mishawaka. 

There are plenty of places to work in Akron, Mentone, Warsaw, Silver Lake, and Rochester, along with working on the farm or in the egg factory.

Thanks for the info... i forgot that Mentone was like the egg capital of the world ;-)

Your points are all retarded.

please refrain from calling people retards..... i find it very degrading, not to y2 or karl, but to handicapped people.... KIDDING.... But in all seriousness, this is unwarranted and offensive to some, including me.

well if we use couple as a hard number then I would be wrong, but I was using it as more of a subjective term than anything else.

they may get 2 or 3 to state some years, but the other 11 or 12 normally are not that great. Hardly enough to be called an excellent program.

you said "at most 2".  That is not a subjective statement.

Riley has had 26 semistate qualifiers in the last 4 years.  That is over 6 per year.  So it is not 11 or 12 that are not so great.

You don't get ranked by having 11 or 12 not so great guys in your line up.  I would say they are a top 30-40 team in the state over the past 4 years.

Riley has had 26 semistate qualifiers in the last 4 years.  That is over 6 per year.  So it is not 11 or 12 that are not so great.

You don't get ranked by having 11 or 12 not so great guys in your line up.  I would say they are a top 30-40 team in the state over the past 4 years.

Well lets look at the sectional and regional riley has...... Umm Mishawaka and Penn ummm anyone else... umm no.... and they take how many per sectional? Four.... .ok, so they shoudl get alot of guys out of sectional.....

Now the regional.... who is there that is any good.... umm Mishawaka and Penn umm anyone else? No... they take how many from each regional to ss? 4

Yeah they better get a decent amount to SS with that road if they are going to be labled as good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.