Can Tony Lovejoy Bring Home the Gold at 119????

Tito Santana

I think Tony can do it... He has the same chance as anyone, but not the best draw in the world. Hawkins in round 2, then Nelson, then the possibility of Kieffer/Bradley/Gregory/Fisher in the finals. Now that is a tough path to go through. But I think he will do it.

He looks a lot more controlled this year.  He handled everyone and I think he was only in trouble one time during the coarse of the day.  Hawkins will be his biggest test.  Hawkins is very fast but I am not sure he will be able to match the strength of lovejoy.  This is reason enough to set the alarm for that early round friday morning. 

I think his strength is going to be too much for Hawkins.  Hawkins probably is the best pound for pound at the weight class, but he is still the same size as last year, just up a weight.  I also don't see Lovejoy getting past Nelsen.  I think Nelsen will finally get the title he has been so close to his whole carreer.

I agree. His first win over Hawk I attributed to a bit of overconfidence but the gap is getting bigger in 2 and 3. I don't see anyone beating him(of course I didn't see anyone beating Hawkins a month ago)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.