New Vision Quest Movie

Drooke

My wife asked me if I had ever heard of a movie called Vision Quest. After a moment I responded "uh yea...why?". She said that the werewolf/Indian boy from the twilight series is going to be the lead.

Taylor Lautner Envisions a Quest - Sources tell E! News that the 17-year-old actor is in talks to put his New Moon abs to good use in a remake of the 1985 drama Vision Quest.

Which is not what it sounds like?a cheesy sci-fi flick?but rather a coming-of-age romance that featured Madonna's "Crazy for You" as its theme song and starred Matthew Modine as a high school wrestling star who falls in love with an artist?a permtastic Linda Fiorentino?his dad has taken in as a boarder.

Why remake? Let's just re-release that! But Taylor may have another vision.

He could wind up playing an updated version of Modine's character in the still-in-development film, which counts Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen of Temple Hill Entertainment (and Twilight and New Moon fame) as producers. We hear that Richard Munic has penned a screenplay that is "very faithful" to the original Vision Quest.

"Taylor saw [the script] and is really excited about it," says a source. "It's very much in line with his athleticism. His character is someone who's striving for greatness."

A rep for Lautner didn't respond to a request for comment and Warner Bros., which owns the rights to Vision Quest, remained mum on whether it's considering the shirtless wonder for the lead, confirming only that the film is in development.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b158866 ... quest.html

Has potential to help with promoting wrestling.  All I ask is that they attempt to more accuratly show wrestling training/matches and also not overly focus on a love story as the whole point of the movie.  Plus as much as we laugh about it could we maybe have the coach is wearing something besides a singlet and polo shirt to practice.

If they concentrate on the wrestling and not the love story no one but the wrestling community will go to see it.  As for the wrestling scenes, for an 80's movie, I thought they were pretty good.  The biggest complaint I have about the movie is when the coach stopped the match for a bloody nose.  That guy should have lost his job for that move!  As far as the golf shirt/singlet combo, I agree with Decbell.   Best part of the movie! 

If they concentrate on the wrestling and not the love story no one but the wrestling community will go to see it.

If the abovementioned actor is indeed interested in the role I see a whole flock of women covering a wide spectrum of ages attending the movie with or without a male companion.  This Twilight phenomenon is crazy, trust me, I was one of the guys that attended the latest movie on opening weekend with my bedazzled wife and heard females literally swoon when he appeared on screen for the first time.  It appears as if the production team are hedging their bets quite well.

I saw Vision Quest in the theatre the week before the state tournament my senior year of high school.  It was a great motivator to train hard that week!

Now my son may get the same opportunity for his senior year 2011.  That would be cool!

The whole love story/not love story discussion was had a couple of months ago on here.

They show it on some love movie channel on Dish.

My wife loves it........for the love story and we argue all the time over love story/not love story theme behind the movie.

Who wins the arguement? ;D

Best movie of all time!! This will be a good one to remake, I bought this for my son to watch when he was 6 years old just starting out. It is sure in need of some updating it is funny to look back about 20years later and see the different style. I used to watch this when I was in middle school the night before every meet. I really hope this goes through. For those wrestlers that have not seen Vision Quest go buy it. Parents you will not regret the purchase of this movie.

She is still convinced it's a love story.........

Not saying remove most of the love story, because I know they need it in some compacity to get more ladies in the seats.  I just hope they don't over emphasize the love story part of the movie (for the ladies since the Twilight guy is in it) and in the process wash away most of  the sports drama that make the move what it is. 

Like many sports movies it is a great human drama story of overcoming the odds and facing the challenge while dealing with the social aspects of personal relationships in the process.  I do not want it to be reduced to a boy and girl social drama in which the boy just happens to be an athlete (wrestler), just because they could capitalize in the Twilight guys girl appeal.

I set it up to record if it ever came on, and I got it uncut and original on Encore. ESPN classic has shown it also. But I noticed something funny the other day. On their depth chart, it has 31 cards. I counted at least 36 kids at one practice. Great movie, and I am all for the remake, but Tobey Mcguire might have been a better choice. Of coarse, he wouldn't be at 190 either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.