Rumor has it II

sasquatch

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little upset that you guys are making a joke out of this!  It is a cold day on the east side of E-town (yes, actually Central's district, but the Charger transfers on this side of town are deeply effected).  In my own selfish interests I may have to disguise myself to drive from my home in Elkhart thru Mishawaka to volunteer coach at Penn next fall. 

Seriously, I can't wait the 50+ days for this season to start.  I have been on the phone all afternoon piecing together the truth!  Here it goes you gossip dingos:

Stahls actually bought two homes.  One will be used as a wrestling hostil for kids who's parents can't afford to move or pay tuition.  Second, the reason this has gone public so fast is because of the moving company they hired, Two Chargers & A Truck  ::)  Third, Caveman Construction helped prepare the basement for the installation of the red wrestling mats and the booster beverage cooler! 

Honestly, I am stunned, but very happy for a variety of reasons.  Thank goodness we get to settle things on a mat  :-*

This whole recruiting idea was a large part of my convo with my tipsters this afternoon too.  On a more serious note than before...

Recruiting is when you put a cheerleading squad in the gym and spell the kids name out on the scoreboard on a visitation day.  Mishawaka (and a list of other high schools who lead in a variety of sports) simply win.  What jumps out at me everytime I hear this 'recruiting argument' is that when a top wrestler moves to a top wrestling school it means that TEAM matters in wrestling.  Individuals can win championships, but for season-long exposure to college recruiters you need a supporting cast.

Second, how many of you have piled in your vehicles right after practice to drive hours, sometimes across statelines, so your kid can find the biggest, bad-est names in their weight (CIA, Vega Wrestling,...).  How many of you pay half of your week's pay for that chance (gas, membership fees, food...)  How many of you know how to drive with the dome light on b/c your kid is studying in the back seat the whole way?  My point is that if you kid was on the brink of winning it all and you had done everything you could to get them there why wouldn't you give them a practice room to top it off.  You risk your job, your home, and relationships to chase a dream.  Is it that surprising that someone that close to the dream might move 15 miles to make it happen?

More food for thought!  On ask.com it says that Mishawaka's graduation rate is 88%, state average is listed at 95%

I had to check after a grad from 'another' school in Mishawaka supplied me with the story published recently by a local news station.

The 'facts'?:

Mishawaka High School looks for solutions to high dropout rate | WSBT South Bend - Your Local News

Source: www.wsbt.com

MISHAWAKA ? School officials are looking for solutions to the problem of high school dropouts. The graduation rate at Mishawaka High School was only 59 percent last year. That's the lowest in the area.

Your welcome MattM  ;)

This whole recruiting idea was a large part of my convo with my tipsters this afternoon too.  On a more serious note than before...

More food for thought!  On ask.com it says that Mishawaka's graduation rate is 88%, state average is listed at 95%

I had to check after a grad from 'another' school in Mishawaka supplied me with the story published recently by a local news station.

The 'facts'?:

Mishawaka High School looks for solutions to high dropout rate | WSBT South Bend - Your Local News

MISHAWAKA ? School officials are looking for solutions to the problem of high school dropouts. The graduation rate at Mishawaka High School was only 59 percent last year. That's the lowest in the area.

Your welcome MattM  ;)

Where did you come up with the information that the State Graduation Rate is 95%.  I think that is high...someone must be going at about 125% to make up for alot of the schools I have been hearing about.  At least we do not see too many wrestlers transferring out of State to get a "better" education like kids from the Basketball team at Larence North did recently.  Their parents said they could not get what they needed at LN...I guess that must have been a grade handed to them. 

Recruiting is when you put a cheerleading squad in the gym and spell the kids name out on the scoreboard on a visitation day.  Mishawaka (and a list of other high schools who lead in a variety of sports) simply win.  What jumps out at me everytime I hear this 'recruiting argument' is that when a top wrestler moves to a top wrestling school it means that TEAM matters in wrestling.  Individuals can win championships, but for season-long exposure to college recruiters you need a supporting cast.

Second, how many of you have piled in your vehicles right after practice to drive hours, sometimes across statelines, so your kid can find the biggest, bad-est names in their weight (CIA, Vega Wrestling,...).  How many of you pay half of your week's pay for that chance (gas, membership fees, food...)  How many of you know how to drive with the dome light on b/c your kid is studying in the back seat the whole way?  My point is that if you kid was on the brink of winning it all and you had done everything you could to get them there why wouldn't you give them a practice room to top it off.  You risk your job, your home, and relationships to chase a dream.  Is it that surprising that someone that close to the dream might move 15 miles to make it happen?

The 'facts'?:

Your welcome MattM  ;)

To each their own but I think a parent would be better off putting 1/2 that much energy into making sure their kid was a stand out student.  It would be a heck of a lot cheaper and the scholarship $ thrown around by Purdue and IU is crazy. 

Go to school where you want to go to school. And for the guy who said something about somewhere along the line pride and honor has to come into play, I do not see how a kid wanting to get better to do the best he can at a sport doesn't show a great deal of personal pride and honor. I love how everyone on this board thinks it is just so easy for a high school kid to pack up and leave a school where he already has a bunch of friends and is used to the way of life there. Good luck Stahl im not going to hate.

My point is that if you kid was on the brink of winning it all and you had done everything you could to get them there why wouldn't you give them a practice room to top it off.  You risk your job, your home, and relationships to chase a dream.  Is it that surprising that someone that close to the dream might move 15 miles to make it happen?

Wouldn't Corpe be a better practice partner than anyone in Mishawaka's room? 

Smooth you may be touching the right nerve, or it might have more to do with the potential weight class for those two.  The real issue that led to the move isn't clear (or even worth asking about at this point) for anyone I know in the neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be weird seeing that kid in a Mishawaka uniform... He's a good kid and I hope him all the best as long as it's not against a Jimtown wrestler!

That reminds me...  Both Corpe and Stahl are great kids.  In all the other trash talk I forgot to wish them both well.  I will still be cheering for both of them (from the Concord section  :'().

My point is that if you kid was on the brink of winning it all and you had done everything you could to get them there why wouldn't you give them a practice room to top it off.  You risk your job, your home, and relationships to chase a dream.  Is it that surprising that someone that close to the dream might move 15 miles to make it happen?

Here is a quote from a Mishawaka fan on the Gridiron Digest football forum .

It will be unlikely that will happen, especially when Corpe's dad is in the process of buying a house in the Mishawaka district and plans on transferring to Mishawaka so he can win a team state title. At least that was the rumor going around the Mishawaka stands tonight. (Maybe I am mistaken - perhaps he was transferring to Washington?????)

Here is a quote from a Mishawaka fan on the Gridiron Digest football forum .

It will be unlikely that will happen, especially when Corpe's dad is in the process of buying a house in the Mishawaka district and plans on transferring to Mishawaka so he can win a team state title. At least that was the rumor going around the Mishawaka stands tonight. (Maybe I am mistaken - perhaps he was transferring to Washington?????)

Alright, enough with the funny stuff.  Stahl was not good, but joking about Corpe is what we call 'fightin' words'  >:(  I have been trying to verify your 'joke' and I haven't found anything that verifies your story.  Don't joke with the victims of Mishawaka Machine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.