Congrats Jason Tsirtsis

Bruschi

Just won Fila Cadet Freestyle Nationals.  He has been on fire.  Winning big tournament after big tournament.  7-0 at Brute.  He has really stepped up his wrestling.  He has beaten a lot of Illinois big gun underclassmen recently.  Just a side note he lost Twice to Oregon's Scilliano two years ago by Tech (freestyle) and 8-0 in folkstyle.  This year he beat him 7-0, 9-2.  He keeps improving.  I think beating Cashe has given him all the confidence.  Nice job Jason

Jason Tsirtsis W Sam McIntosh (ohio) Fall :52

Tsirtsis  TF Dalton Dennis (florida) 7-0,7-0

Tsirtsis TF Tommy Scilianao (oregon) 6-0,9-2

Tsirtsis TF James Hogan (new york) 6-0,7-0

Tsirtsis Bye

Tsirtsis Dec Rossi Bruno (florida) 8-0,3-0

Tsirtsis Dec Jameson Oster (illinois) 1-0,2-0

Tsirtsis Dec Casey Lanave (New york) 1-0,2-0

With all that young Mr. Tsirtsis is doing on the mat, I wonder if maybe we should stop comparing him to his older brother and maybe compare Alex to Jason. Nice job, and congrats.

I think you might be onto something here

Jason Tsirtsis W Sam McIntosh (ohio) Fall :52

Tsirtsis  TF Dalton Dennis (florida) 7-0,7-0

Tsirtsis TF Tommy Scilianao (oregon) 6-0,9-2

Tsirtsis TF James Hogan (new york) 6-0,7-0

Tsirtsis Bye

Tsirtsis Dec Rossi Bruno (florida) 8-0,3-0

Tsirtsis Dec Jameson Oster (illinois) 1-0,2-0

Tsirtsis Dec Casey Lanave (New york) 1-0,2-0

That's an awful lot of zeros.

Since his loss to Napules, I doubt there are many, if any, HS wrestlers in the country who have been better than Jason. I knew he would be good, but he's on another level right now. It's a lot like Cashe last summer-he got hot and didn't cool off until that close loss to Tsirtsis. I don't see Tsirtsis cooling off any time. He's beating tons of other states' elite wrestlers and he's still so incredibly young. As good as he's already been, the best is yet to come.

With all that young Mr. Tsirtsis is doing on the mat, I wonder if maybe we should stop comparing him to his older brother and maybe compare Alex to Jason. Nice job, and congrats.

Maybe Jason has benefited from the advice and wisdom of his older brother.

It's really an unfair comparison.  The two wrestled at different times, in two completely different generations of Indiana wrestling.  For example, Alex had a better record his freshman year, but he never saw (let alone BEAT) anyone like Cashe.  I think that the only time you can really make a fair comparison between the two is after Jason has completed his senior year of college wrestling. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.