Crown Point 2009 Team State Champs

vmikeydet20

Congratulations Bulldogs! As a former CP wrestler, it's good to see my alma mater making some waves on the state scene. Coach Vlink has been at it for many moons and this is well deserved. Looking at the team scores, it was a total team effort to beat three quality teams. Congrats again to all CP wrestlers and coaches. It's a good day to be a Bulldog.

Way to go Crown Point! Kyle Marshall you stepped up when it counted the most. When you lifted the Perry hwt with double unders my mouth dropped.. Coach Vlink; Coach Rodriguez; and Coach Iberra, you guys are amazing.. You pushed this team to their limits this year and I couldn't be any prouder. I'm excited for Crown Point finally getting over the hump and when they got over the hump they took it all!

To all my senior pals.. You ended the season with the highest achievement possible. I could never be as proud as I am right now of you guys. You showed the young wrestlers on this team to have heart and to push until that final whistle blows.  Jimmy, Marcus, Mark, Pogo, Kooi, and Marshall you guys charish this victory because it will never be taken away from you.

Well, that''s all from me.. It's a great day to be a Bulldog in Indiana!

I've attended all 14 Team Staet events, and this was definately the most exciting and evenly matched across the board. Congrats to Coach Vlink and the Bulldogs, as well as Coach Tonte and the Falcons, for a great final. The semis were even more exciting, as Cathedral and astle represented well. If you were a fan, coach, or wrestler, you definately got your $8 worth today!

Congrats to CP on an outstanding year. You ran a heck of a gauntlet today beating 3 quality teams. You have climbed the mountain, Enjoy the view, but not for long. Now that you are on top, there are a lot of people looking to knock you off that perch.

Congrats to all the rest of the teams that competed today. I was not there, but from the recaps I read on the board, it sounded like it might have been the most hotly contested Team State that we may have ever had.

Hey Clive, doesn't that nose look familiar??  I believe that's C.P.'s principal's secretary, lol.  She can smell "snausages" from miles away.

Yes Joan, it does belong the the CP principal's secretary. She has also been hired to sniff the lockers for illegal substances.

Coach Hornet:        Not that it matters, a victory is a victory, but the final score in the finals was 33-25.  What a tre

mendous venue Center Grove High School is to hold this meet.  I wish our semi-state was held in a venue like Center Grove instead of Merrillville.  You fans at Center Grove can be very proud of your facilities.  Congratulations to all the teams that participated.  What a wonderful day of wrestling, even if we had lost instead of winning.  A true wrestling fan had to feel proud of your sport.  A lot more exciting than watching a running back running into the opposing line for no gain, or for watching a tall center dunking a basketball.

Wow!!!

What a year, yesterday was the culmination of alot of hard work, by alot of people.

I could not be more happy for the entire C.P wrestling family and especially Scott Vlink, nobody deserved this more.

P.S Clive please change your profile pic.......its creeping me out. lol

To our neighbors to the North:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I have known and watched these boys since they were young----and you made the REGION proud! Way to go!

Hawk, we spent countless hours together over in Illinois coaching the boys and your hard work and persistence has paid off. Coach Vlink, it's a long road but it has to be soooooo sweet! You deserve it.

Jake Rodriguez----way to go, buddy!  Rex----enjoy your accomplishment!

P.S. Hey Mark: I can remember when you were just a little guy wrestling with our club...and now, you helped win a team state title! Shows how old I am getting!  :)  Congrats!

Congrats to the Dogs on an awesome season.  Also to all the coaches from Jr Bulldogs, Lightning, Taft, and the high school staff.  This great achievement couldn't be reached without the help from all.  You make our town proud.  As said before, it's a great day to be a Bulldog former or current. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.