Coaches Trophy

even though its not for the real state championship, i do wish they would announce the team scores in between sessions like they did at MSA (good ole days)and perhaps award the trophy to the winning team after the mental attitude award.

Crown Point scored more than that 2003 Evansville Mater Dei team? They had five champions, a runner-up and a third...maybe more but those are the ones I can remember.

I went though this on another post and that year they had 4 state champs.

Crown Point did break Delta's record of 99.5 points with 103.  That is what was said at the presentation of the Don Patton memorial trophy (previously known as the Coaches trophy). But it is not apples to apples scoring. When Delta did it, only 8 advanced to state in each weight class and only 4 placed. Delta had 4 champs and 4 others place in the top 4! And there were only 13 weight classes. That was an amazing feet. As time goes by, people forget just how dominating Delta was from 1981 to 1985, except those that faced them!  ;) Congrats to Crown Point on a fantastic state finals non the less!!

I know it's not winning team state but does anyone know how much emphasis/appreciation schools like Mater Dei, Mishawaka, Crown Point have for winning the coaches' trophy?  If I had to guess Mater Dei and Mishawaka kind of just dismiss it for "bigger fish to fry."  But I can see Crown Point, not really having any great team achievements that I know of, would celebrate it a little bit or no?

Crown Point scored more than that 2003 Evansville Mater Dei team? They had five champions, a runner-up and a third...maybe more but those are the ones I can remember.

I went though this on another post and that year they had 4 state champs.

Right!

Weinzapfel.

Nosko.

Wildeman.

Maurer.

Coughlin lost to Andre.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.