Wright v. Eppert series

AJ

I am curious to find out if Indiana has ever seen anything like this series. For 3 years in a row, 2 kids meeting in the finals of Regionals, Semi-State, and State. WOW, 2 great wrestlers, it will be a long time before we ever see something like this again.

Bryan Bailey from Martinsville and Toby Turner of Monrovia, they met in the finals at sectionals, regionals, semi-state, and state for two years in a row.  Bryan was only a one time sectional champ and Toby beat him the other 3 times but Bryan went on to win regionals, semi-state, and state his junior and senior year wrestling Turner in the championship match everytime.

I am curious to find out if Indiana has ever seen anything like this series. For 3 years in a row, 2 kids meeting in the finals of Regionals, Semi-State, and State. WOW, 2 great wrestlers, it will be a long time before we ever see something like this again.

This has to be the best series, partly because it spanned 3 years, but also because it decided 3 Regional, 3 Semi-State, and 3 State Championships!  That is incredible.  To top it off, it was won by the guy that would lose 2 of the 3 State Championship matches.  I think we need TAE's help to let us know when was the last time this has happened, if ever.

Final result of the series was 7-5 Wright with Camden winning 2 State Championships and 1 Regional and 2 Dual meet matches.. Wright winning 1 State Championship, 3 Semi-States, 2 Regionals, and 1 Dual meet match..

Great rivalry.. I enjoyed being a part of it and being there for every one of the 12 matches.. Great way to end the rivalry and the career for Eppert.. He trained everyday from the State Finals loss in 08 till Saturday for that rematch.. Story book ending..

i believe Wright-Eppert are 6 to 4, Wright with the advantage, but Eppert with the 2 State titles.. makes you wonder..

Who is the better wrestler?

wright is up on eppert by 2 wins we will see want wright does his senior year because didnt eppert get 4th place his freshaman year?

both State Champs. i think they are both outstandsing wrestlers and i am glad to have had the chance to see them wrestle. twice in person and once on the  net. in person is much better. so who is the better wrestler?  i think it depends on the match as the series has shown.

Wright as a freshman was better then Eppert as a frosh. Both earn state titles as sophomore's, however Wright's title was against a junior Eppert. No doubt Wright as a junior would have smoked Eppert as a junior. With 6 or 7 straight wins over Eppert I don't think there is any doubt Wright is better. Eppert is an amazing wrestler with 2 state titles and a runner up. Wright will have 2 state titles and 2 runner ups.

i hope wright and tsirtsis are in the same weight class next year so i can see wright get smoked

Just curious, what is it that Brandon did to you that you dislike him so much that you come on here and say something so bad towards a high school kid?

I can understand you wanting to see the match, and if you are friends with young mr Tsirtsis, I can understand you wanting him to win. However the way you come across is as a person that wants to see bad things happen for young mr. Wright.

Wright as a freshman was better then Eppert as a frosh. Both earn state titles as sophomore's, however Wright's title was against a junior Eppert. No doubt Wright as a junior would have smoked Eppert as a junior. With 6 or 7 straight wins over Eppert I don't think there is any doubt Wright is better. Eppert is an amazing wrestler with 2 state titles and a runner up. Wright will have 2 state titles and 2 runner ups.

Wright is a stud, but Eppert won 2 out of 3 under the lights.  I don't care what the age difference is or what their record was during the regular season.  Championships are the only thing that matters.    Hopefully, Wright gets his 2nd next season.

I wasn't talking about the age difference. I was saying that as freshman Wright was better. As sophomores Wright was better. As juniors Wright is better. Now as seniors since Eppert went out on top Wright will have to win state also to prove that as seniors Wright is better to.

i hope wright and tsirtsis are in the same weight class next year so i can see wright get smoked

there was absolutely no reason to say this.. first off: Wright will be a senior, you think hes gonna let up the summer?

second: you dont come on a board and talk trash about one of the best high school wrestlers out there right now.

third: could we be seeing a wright-tsirtsis matchup second round at team state?

R u a Wright hater or what ? do u really think Tsirtis can smoke Wright dont think so!!!!!!!!

Jason Tsirtsis (Griffith) over Brandon Wright (Indianapolis) Dec 2-0,6-0

Last year's freestyle state finals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.