Wright v. Eppert series

AJ

hammer,

This is the first time that two wrestlers have westled three times 'under the lights'.

There have only been eight final matches of three time champs.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

I'm pretty sure Brooks pinned him but we all know summer and free style matches are not  a good way to tell who is better. Tsirtis over Wright at Calumet though. Deciding point was a poking the eye call that resulted in a penalty point for Tsirtis.

Brooks pinned who?

Brooks beat Wright at folkstyle state 9-4

Bailey vs Turner was a one year series in '91.

Bailey had Jamie Murray of Decatur Central to contend with in '90.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Toby ALMOST had that takedown in the finals.  :(

i hope wright and tsirtsis are in the same weight class next year so i can see wright get smoked

R u a Wright hater or what ? do u really think Tsirtis can smoke Wright dont think so!!!!!!!!

Jason Tsirtsis (Griffith) over Brandon Wright (Indianapolis) Dec 2-0,6-0

Last year's freestyle state finals.

Tsirtsis also beat Wright by 1 at the Tricoff

I'm pretty sure Brooks pinned him but we all know summer and free style matches are not  a good way to tell who is better.

Uh why not?  Ever heard of the saying, "summer wrestling makes winter champions?"  Ask college coaches if they put any stock into summer wrestling and Fargo results.

I know summer wrestling helps you win during the winter. My point is just becuase so and so beat this or that guy during a summer match doesn't mean he will during the high school. Point being Wright is National Champ during the summer, but can't win the state title.

I know summer wrestling helps you win during the winter. My point is just becuase so and so beat this or that guy during a summer match doesn't mean he will during the high school. Point being Wright is National Champ during the summer, but can't win the state title.

Well if your going to use that example, then I'd argue that the state finals wouldn't be a good way of determing the better wrestler either. Considering Wright had beaten Eppert like 6 times (?) in a row and hadn't lost to him all year.

Upsets happen during the high school season just the same as in the spring and summer. Wright winning a cadet title and not a state title (this year) only proves how tough Indiana wrestling is and more specifically 119, not that summer wrestling is less meaningful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.