BEST SEMI STATE

Toughest Semi-State (according to rankings)

New Castle ? 58 ranked wresters (More #1?s)

Evansville ? 58 ranked wrestlers

Merriville ? 53 ranked wrestlers

Ft. Wayne ? 34 ranked wrestlers

Amount of Ranked Wrestlers in Each Weight at each Semi-State

Merriville ? 7

New Castle ? 5

Evansville ? 3

Ft. Wayne ? 0

New Castle ? 5

Ft. Wayne ? 4

Evansville ? 3

Merriville ? 2

Evansville ? 5

Merriville -4

New Castle ? 4

Ft. Wayne ? 2

Evansville ? 5

Merriville ? 5

New Castle ? 4

Ft. Wayne - 2

New Castle ? 5

Merriville ? 3

Evansville ? 2

Ft. Wayne ? 2

Evansville ? 6

New Castle ? 4

Ft. Wayne ? 3

Merriville ? 3

Merriville ? 6

New Castle ? 3

Evansville ? 3

Ft. Wayne ? 3

Evansville ? 5

New Castle ? 3

Ft. Wayne ? 3

Merriville ? 2

New Castle ? 4

Evansville ? 4

Merriville ? 4

Ft. Wayne ? 3

New Castle ? 6

Merriville ? 4

Evansville ? 3

Ft. Wayne ? 2

New Castle ? 4

Evansville ? 4

Merriville ? 4

Ft. Wayne ? 2

New Castle ? 6

Evansville ? 4

Ft. Wayne ? 3

Merriville ? 2

Evansville ? 5

New Castle ? 4

Merriville ? 3

Ft. Wayne ? 2

Evansville ? 6

Merriville ? 5

Ft. Wayne ? 3

New Castle - 1

Who cares about the rankings....

Start this thread back up after the state meet and that will give us our true "toughest semi state".

My prediction...Merrillville.

I agree 100% alot of coaches don't report for rankings and what about kids that had injuries and had to set out for a good portion of the season! so let them wrestle and see which semi state has the most champions

and I will go with Merrillville too!!!

I agree that Merrieville)(sp) is probably the best, but one argument that I would have against them is the fact that Mishawaka got 13 to semi-state, and Crown Point 14.  It does show the dominance of those teams but doesn't it also show the weakness of the rest of their reginals?  I mean if from top to bottom all of these teams in this area were all really good and if this is the best semi-state by far then how do two teams dominate it that much?

I agree that Merrieville)(sp) is probably the best, but one argument that I would have against them is the fact that Mishawaka got 13 to semi-state, and Crown Point 14.  It does show the dominance of those teams but doesn't it also show the weakness of the rest of their reginals?  I mean if from top to bottom all of these teams in this area were all really good and if this is the best semi-state by far then how do two teams dominate it that much?

All I can say dis is one simple question !!

It is not unrealistic to imagine 7 state champions from these 2 schools this year.

If rankings do mean anything and last years performances mean anything New Castle could crown an almost guaranteed 4 my guess would be about 95% chance, with 103 McKinley or Union County, 119 Wright or Eppert, 125 Cashe 'Money' Quiroga, and 171 Duckworth or Grimes.  A few that are up in the air are 140 and 145 with Bennett, McGinley's, Tonte, and Tassef in their they could crown up to 6 or 7 as a semi state.

numbers that high are just a one year thing, plus portage, lake central, hobart and m'ville have a bunch of guys there, hanover central has had several guys there the past few years not just one, and its not going to be every year where valpo and laporte combine for just 1 ss qualifier either

Who cares about the rankings....

Start this thread back up after the state meet and that will give us our true "toughest semi state".

My prediction...Merrillville.

yea I agree no one will now till after state.. leaning towards merriville also

If rankings do mean anything and last years performances mean anything New Castle could crown an almost guaranteed 4 my guess would be about 95% chance, with 103 McKinley or Union County, 119 Wright or Eppert, 125 Cashe 'Money' Quiroga, and 171 Duckworth or Grimes.  A few that are up in the air are 140 and 145 with Bennett, McGinley's, Tonte, and Tassef in their they could crown up to 6 or 7 as a semi state.

Merrillville also has a legitimate shot at taking every weight you mentioned.

103 Ayersman

119 Brooks

125 Tsirtsis

140 Sandefer, Hall

145 Young

171 Atwood

Obviously not giong to say the Merrillville s.s. will win all these weight classes but they will take at least 2 or 3.

In total, I would say M'ville will crown a minimum 8 state champions.  Just my opinion though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.