The Best JV Wrestler

ontherise219

Coaching the

Coaching the

Coaching the Riley J.V. all year, I have been very impressed with 4 kids from Elkhart Memorial:  Bogle, Matteson,Vergonet and Olson.  If I remember right I believe they are in a row from 125 thru 140. 

Many states have a JV state... I doubt it would be sactioned by it would be cool I think (and solve this arguement!).

That would be a cool idea, have a JV sectional, then regional and so on... but that raises the arguement that if you were a mediocre varsity why not just lose a wrestle off and perhaps place in JV state...

Many states have a JV state... I doubt it would be sactioned by it would be cool I think (and solve this arguement!).

That would be a cool idea, have a JV sectional, then regional and so on... but that raises the arguement that if you were a mediocre varsity why not just lose a wrestle off and perhaps place in JV state...

would you rather be the jv state champ, or a semi-state qualifier?

I'm actually pretty sure that Nosko qualified for state every year he was at MD. I know he was varsity every year.

You're right.  He got 3rd as a freshman, placed (I'm not sure where as a Sophomore), got knocked out his Jr. year maybe 1st round at State, and was a State Champ his Senior year.  He was varsity all 4 years.

I think there are several kids on MD's JV team that have a lot of talent (Appell, May, Maurer...to name a few), and it looked like Reitz had a few tough JV guys too. 

I was JV for four years...  One of the toughest things to go through.  I was caught behind a guy who won 2x regional titles, a semi-state title and placed fourth at HWT in 2005.  I was on Team Indiana 3 years, Fargo and Duals, and almost AA'd as a Cadet in Fargo.  I'm not one to usually toot my own horn but several guys who qualified and placed at State that year I beat in ISWA events, including ISWA State events.

Not wrestling varsity helped me become who I am today.  You learn a lot of life lessons through wrestling and trying to overcome adversity.  I don't believe that I would be coaching and officiating today if I had a varsity spot handed to me like a lot of people do.

John DeLisle

Terre Haute North Vigo '05

Indiana State '09

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.