Cathedral vs Perry PBP

Dingo Brigade

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very exciting tonight. Thanks Dingo, I just shut mine off and enjoyed. Mckinnley looked real good @3. Tonte has to listen to dad, it is not a sprint it's a marathon and wrestle for a while before trying to hit the home run. Mcginley @14o is very strong and good, no dought there. It was a good time, great wrestling PM and Cath.

I have to asked this. How do you hit a head lock on a kid that HAS NO NECK? :o

Hey 160 I wondered what happened to you. I never figured out where u were sitting and I was afraid to get up bc I might lose my seat. You're right about tonte he didn't wrestle a smart match but wow did mcginley make him pay. Willis and stokes impressed also. Wright almost getting put on his back reminded me of perkey putting angel on his back

I did not make it. I was planning to but weather turned me back. I had talked to Alum at cathedral and he said seatingl capacity is 1200(actual). By the sounds of it you had around 1500 to 2000 max with matside and balcony.

I was impressed with Richards this weekend.  He battles hard and will be on the podium multiple times by the time his career is done.  Its hard for a freshman to wrestle the upper weights against literally MEN.

Great observation Y2, I thought Richards did a good job last night in his match, Frosh vs Senior.   In the 3rd period they were both starting to look pretty worn out, but Richards still appeared to me to be more of the agressor.  I couldn't believe it when the Ref hit him for the penalty point that decided the match, as it appeared to me that Richards was forcing the action on the line and the action carried them both out.

Although another fan mentioned to me that Richards had already received one stall warning, and when he stepped out - BANG - the referee awarded the point to the Cathedral wrestler.  I'm with Dingo on this one, it seemed mysteriously iffy, and a not so good way to decide the winner of a tight match with only seconds remaining.

We were sitting at the top of the bleachers, directly across from the scoring table, and from that viewpoint they could still have put a few more people in the stands on the far side, but it was probably around 1200-1300 total.

I will respectfully disagree on your opinion of the Richards - Poling contest. Neither wrestler took a shot for 6 minutes, but Poling won the pushing contest. Simple as that. If Richards would have circled once or twice at the edge instead of backing out, he could have circumvented the second stalling call. Typical heavyweight match with little action.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.