The Best High School Wrestler in the Nation

ontherise219

Hard to pick between those two.  A few other guys stand out whose list of national accomplishments could also add them to the argument, as well.  I do think that it is impressive that Taylor has jumped a few weight classes from 112 as a junior to 135 as a senior and is still wrestling well.  This should really help him prepare for the tough college schedule he will face at Iowa State.

Go to Flo and watch David Taylor training or Grajales wrestling they just wreck kids it is unreal

I'd change that to say they have wreck other "top" kids.  They have perfected their trade, very well, in the last few years.

Having watched both kids wrestle, and drilling with Taylor at Jordans camp I'd have to go with Taylor on this one.  The reason being, watch any Grajales match and you can see even scrubs get in on him and he fights it off like its nothing, if a guy the caliber of Taylor got in on him on the other hand he would have a much tougher time fighting it off.  Also, if Grajales takes down at any point in the match he is getting ridden out or turned.  That being said, if worse comes to worse the match ends 1-0 with Taylor getting the escape.

The best right now is Logan Steiber from Ohio, he is only a junior this year but had a win just last summer over Tyler Clark who recently beat Angle at National Duals.  At Fargo he won Greco 119 and moved up to 125 and won freestyle convincingly.  Ramos is tough but doesn't have near the offense as Steiber.  Ramos was also recently beat by Vincent Rameriez who is a freshman from OH.  I think Steiber would beat Taylor if they were with in 1 weight class. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.