2009 IHSAA STATE FINALS

Hoosier97

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, we need to seriously chill out guys. This is Graber, and I think this talk is unecessary. Marcus and me are both great wrestlers, and well both see each other at state.  I respect other peoples opinion, but honestly. This is nothing to get worked out over. I think predictions are an excuse to think high of yourself or someone else. Predictions don't mean crap when you step on the mat. All that matters is who shows up for the 6 minute match.Screw predictions and rankings, Any given day, anybody can beat anybody. If i've offended anyone, I'm truly sorry and I mean nothing but respect.

I agree with listenup. No way Shrewsbury loses to Graber. EVER.

to be completely honest, they're both great wrestlers, and i dont think there's a way of predicting this match.  they both have their flaws, and it just comes down to who uses the others to their advantage.

I also agree with listenup, NO WAY graber beats shrewsbury.  And please elaborate wrestlingbabe... what are their flaws?!  ::)

haha okay well i know i'm still dwelling on this from last yr's conference tourny, but i had always been a fan of shrews, there's absolutely no doubt in anybody's mind that he's an amazing wrestler, but when he faced salas in the finals, he sort of just gave up after he got taken down.  granted he worked hard enough to make it to state finals, i kind of lost a lot of respect when he didn't keep trying when there was plenty of time left in the period.

to be completely honest he does have the upper hand in his weightclass, and drew knows that.  it's not a surprise that he's biting his nails over the match, but drew also knows shrews's weaknesses as well as his own.

This deserves boo's from the whole board I think.  Obviously you know nothing about wrestling, because although the fans may not give Graber a shot in this match, if he calls himself a competitor, he expects to win.  If you are not a personal friend of his, I don't think you have any room making this statement.

i've been around wrestling my whole life, yet i know nothing.

and yes i am a friend.

give it a rest, we'll see what happens during the match.

I hate to agree with combat speed lol, but keigley DOES need to improve the gas tank ... BUT i will say that he is capable of upsetting anybody...that being said, i won't call keigley  beating anybody an upset...he is one of the strongest wrestlers i have seen in high school...if keigley improves his stamina i see him placing in the top 5...if keigley gets a chip on his shoulder, i could see him winning it!!! 

cleveland, keigley, baker, and lentz are all very tough wrestlers though and all of them are capable of winning the title...it should be an exciting weight class!

Rule #1: Don't go on message boards and talk yourself up.

I truly hope that you're not speaking of Drew in this quote.  I reallt hope that we get to see this match LATE on Sat. night and not early on like Harper/March last year.  I think that this one will be worth the price of admission

I agree with listenup. No way Shrewsbury loses to Graber. EVER.

to be completely honest, they're both great wrestlers, and i dont think there's a way of predicting this match.  they both have their flaws, and it just comes down to who uses the others to their advantage.

I watched most of Shrews' matches last year (before Salas), and most of his matches didn't make it out of the first period.  He wasn't used to going the distance, so he got gassed.  This year, he is in much better shape and looks much more aggressive.

I also agree with listenup, NO WAY graber beats shrewsbury.  And please elaborate wrestlingbabe... what are their flaws?!  ::)

haha okay well i know i'm still dwelling on this from last yr's conference tourny, but i had always been a fan of shrews, there's absolutely no doubt in anybody's mind that he's an amazing wrestler, but when he faced salas in the finals, he sort of just gave up after he got taken down.  granted he worked hard enough to make it to state finals, i kind of lost a lot of respect when he didn't keep trying when there was plenty of time left in the period.

to be completely honest he does have the upper hand in his weightclass, and drew knows that.  it's not a surprise that he's biting his nails over the match, but drew also knows shrews's weaknesses as well as his own.

103 Philips over Campbell

112Hawkins over Mullin

119Raley over Wright

125Quirago over Tsirtsis

130Harper over Richey

135March over Roach

140Sandefer over Simms

145Young over McGinely

152Mosier over Estrada

160Myers over Monix

171Wedding over Duckworth

189Graber over Shrawsbury

215Baker over Ruggeri

Hwt White over Aurther

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll take a stab at this as I'm sure things will change as will my opinion will once the state tourneys begin (sectionals,regionals,and semi-state) and when the pick'ems begin.

103: Ayersman over Phillips

112: Nelsen over Hawkins

119: Wright over Brooks

125: Tsirtsis over Quiroga

130: Spencer over Harper

135: March over Dillon

140: Sandefer over Sims

145: Young over McGinley

152: Mosier over Bennet

160: Runyan over Todd

171: Atwood over Wedding

189: Shrewsbury over Hodges

215: Cleveland over Baker

285: Chalfant over White

Insert Quote

Midget 5589  and 0341.  That's a bold pick takin Tsirtsis over Quiroga.  I like it.  If anyone can dethrone Juggernaut, it is Tsirtsis, I also believe. That is worth a point.

It is a bold pick and I admire that, a wahoo to you, but in my opinion, the only way a Tsirtis is beating Cashe is if it is Alexander the great!

Does that mean you are from out of the state since you are from no section or you move around a lot.  Wouldn't that be something though if hoosier was right!  it would mess up my pick'ems.   TorchedChair i like your pick except 140 and 152.  Surma looked a little too winded during the County tournment.  Chances are he'll prob. run into someone with a pretty good gas tank and might run into some trouble.  At 152 i think Estrada could make the finals but i would of liked to see more of him this year.  He's been hurt a lot and it will interesting to see how he holds up during the state tournment,  but Estrada always turns it up to another level come the state.

Lets not forget Surma is ranked at 40, where i hear he has already made scratch...Wrestling up against a very big France may have added to that...Either way, he beat him pretty handily...Come post season i see him turning it up and being in the finals....That being said, I like Torched Chair's picks...Only difference is i would add in Thrillin Dillon over Roach at 35 and Young over Corper (not McGinely) at 45

Brandon Wright is at 119 he made it last week. It will be another great battle with Eppert three weekends in a row!!! The end all of END ALLS. FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless Brooks rains on their parade.

Brandon Wright is at 119 he made it last week. It will be another great battle with Eppert three weekends in a row!!! The end all of END ALLS. FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless Brooks rains on their parade.

I second that one, AJ.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.