Sectional Alignment

alcorntr

Copied from the minutes of the IHSAA Executive Committee meeting today.  I wonder what Mr. Faulkens will reveal in November...probably to go into effect immediately, so you don't have time to adjust your schedules!

Wrestling Realignment Report Assistant Commissioner Robert Faulkens reported on a realignment of the wrestling state tournament in concert with the Indiana High School Wrestling Coaches Association (IHSWCA) and members of the Indiana Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (IIAAA). This would be the first state tournament realignment in the sport in six years and will be submitted for approval at next November’s Executive Committee meeting and would be effective next year (2017‐18 season).

Are we possibly having a mass overhauling the arrangement of the event? Maybe going back to smaller sectionals sizes and larger regionals (4 sectionals to a regional) like the pre-IHSAA Team State era? Do I dare mention the idea of wrestle-back at the semi-state for the ticket round on? Or are they just juggling a few teams around with very little actual change for most areas?

Edited by MattM

There was a committee put together by a person from each regional. Members of the committee were asked directly by Mr. Faulkens to not communicate with others outside of the members on the information shared. I feel that it is our obligation to adhere to that. This is not something the association is in charge of.

It would be nice if our coaches association had communication Werth its members.

It would be nice to know the realignments so schedules can be changed to wrestle teams that might be coming into a sectional.  If a team is leaving a sectional, then it makes sense for us to know so we can take them off our schedule if there is no need to wrestle them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.