Al Smith Invite

Smooth34

im surprised a team like Crown Point isnt here

and idk why SB St. Joe is there and not SB Clay

Probably due to the fact that SBC finished in 30th place last year. They used to be a top 5 team years ago, maybe they mutually agreed to switch it up. The teams change every year.

And because SB Clay only brings like 5-7 kids each year when they go to the Al Smith Invite.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brooks will be at 125  hoping Cash' will  not bump up for Harper. gonna be an exciting two days of wrestling, good luck too all and be safe this weekend!

Thats awesome.  If I remember right Justin beat Cash' a couple of years ago at this tourny.  I wish him luck!

I'm pretty sure I'm willing to say 90% Which is a real testiment to Baker and the Entire Al Smith Invite. With all the tough wrestlers thta have competed here and only 1 has been a 4x.

Yea and I believe he did it as a freshmen at 145#!

I agree. I think Randy Baker is the only 4x Champ. 

Have there every been any out of state teams invited to the al smith? 

i wrestled for crown point in 1989-90.  we were in the al smith.  as to why we don't go now, i couldn't tell you.  as a fan, i wish we still did.  also that year, niles michigan was at the tourn. 

In the early/mid 90's Niles was a part of the tournament. The only reason I remember it is because they had an upper weight guy who had more hair on his body than most animals do.

we had an italian kid on our team that was older than me.  he was so hairy we called him eddy munster.

In the early/mid 90's Niles was a part of the tournament. The only reason I remember it is because they had an upper weight guy who had more hair on his body than most animals do.

we had an italian kid on our team that was older than me.  he was so hairy we called him eddy munster.

found his picture:

hirsute.jpg

found his picture:

hirsute.jpg

yeah!!!  thats him!

I know this is about the Al Smith Invite but does anyone know the results of the Mishawaka vs Lowell, Michigan match?  I have looked just about everywhere and can't find anything about.  Nice reporting by the SBT.  You have the #1 team in the state in your backyard and they had no info about the Triacoff when they went through 3-4 ranked teams.  Any help would be appreciated. 

It was cancelled i gues due to weather!

Thanks.  I live in Indy and saw that Penn was still having their Super Dual and figured that they would still wrestle.  My dad said the weather in Mishawaka wasn't too terrible the other day.  It is just really cold down here.  The rain we had melted the dusting of snow we had. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.