ECIC

With Oak Hill pulling out due to tram state, brackets will be changing as they try to fill some holes.

However, it looks like the team title will be between Jay County and South Adams.

Wil be some good matches for sure this Friday.

17 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

I want to beat my "dead horse" on this but I better not. Not a fan of the 18 limitation for this reason. 

I guess I am confused, is it the fact OH dropped out or the concept of having to drop out? - Nvm I think I get what you’re saying.

Edited by BrodyHardcastle
added info

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Is previous year state/semi-state the leading seed factor? Cause the 2 seed at 165 is 1-4, which strikes me as weird outside of him going to semi-state last year. 

The criteria I was given when I ask about the seeding was as follows:

1. Min of 5 matches wrestled

2 State Placer in 2023

3 State Qualifier in 2023

4 Semi-State Quarter Finalist in 2023

5. Semi-State Qualifier in 2023

6 Middle School State placer in 2023

7 Regional Qualifier in 2023

8 Winning Percentage

9. Most Wins

Top 4 total agreeance after that the order is questionable to me, but this is what they have in place.  Which is why seed at 165.  Regardless of seeds should be some good matches. 

Thanks for sharing the criteria! Based on looking at the auto seed info, I assumed middle school state placer was higher than regional qualifier or win %/wins when looking at 150. 16-4 freshman #1 and 9-0 senior #2. Not complaining, I know nothing about either wrestler, just an observation.  

157 looks very interesting to me based on records anyway. This is a pretty tough tournament to win and is somewhat underrated IMO. Always look forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!

7 minutes ago, BrodyHardcastle said:

Agreed it sucks.

Sucks for the ECIC & other tournaments. Does anyone know what happened to the +1T or +2T that used to be a part? We need the IHSAA to recognize the IHSWCA team state and not count it as part of the 18. Be nice to get a classed Individual state tournament not counted against the 18 during the season before the traditional single class Individual tournament, that is also not counted in the 18. There I beat my dead horse, but I can dream!

IMO- this tournament has seen tougher days, still not an easy tournament to win but with OH out. Also there has been couple teams that have wrestled there in past that made it slightly tougher. I agree with everyone above the brackets do seem a little off… Hoping to see those get fixed.

5 hours ago, AJ said:

With Oak Hill pulling out due to tram state, brackets will be changing as they try to fill some holes.

However, it looks like the team title will be between Jay County and South Adams.

Wil be some good matches for sure this Friday.

I know SA could compete if they have everyone in their lineup, noticed they have a couple people out. Also for the flip side could see Jay county probably will run away with this one despite having guys out… Regardless it’s wrestling over Christmas break! I’m excited! 

3 hours ago, ARich said:

The criteria I was given when I ask about the seeding was as follows:

1. Min of 5 matches wrestled

2 State Placer in 2023

3 State Qualifier in 2023

4 Semi-State Quarter Finalist in 2023

5. Semi-State Qualifier in 2023

6 Middle School State placer in 2023

7 Regional Qualifier in 2023

8 Winning Percentage

9. Most Wins

Top 4 total agreeance after that the order is questionable to me, but this is what they have in place.  Which is why seed at 165.  Regardless of seeds should be some good matches. 

Thanks for sharing. That criteria makes it really hard for a good freshman to get a good seed. But agreed, gonna be a good day of wrestling no matter what. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:40 PM, Thor said:

Thanks for sharing. That criteria makes it really hard for a good freshman to get a good seed. But agreed, gonna be a good day of wrestling no matter what. 

Yeah that's my kid at 165. I was a little suprised to see that high of a seeding with his record and limited matches, but not unjustified either.  Semi-state qualifer last year, losses this year came to #6, #9, #15 @165 and #16 @175. Also he beat the #3 seed last year at Frosh/Soph state 11-4.  Not sure if that goes into any factoring, but either way definitely looking forward to some great wrestling.