Streaming

8 minutes ago, lonelyatthetop said:

In the past I remember a function that allowed me to watch all four mats.  Is this available again and if it is would it be on flo or ihsaatv?

Flo has a quadbox option where you get all four mats. I haven't tried on my phone in a while, but I'm pretty sure the quadbox only works on a computer or tablet. 

41 minutes ago, Thor said:

Flo has a quadbox option where you get all four mats. I haven't tried on my phone in a while, but I'm pretty sure the quadbox only works on a computer or tablet. 

To add to that, from what I have seen before a quad view isn't always available when using their app all the time.  Occasionally there is a 5th stream option that already combines all 4 mats but no options to divide your screen into 4 different screens.  But the QuadBox option does exist through using their website via their website.

Edited by MattM

As much as I was hoping to make it up for state life priorities (wife’s birthday) took precedence this time.

Does anyone have confirmation on the streaming options for the championship finals matches.  In years past it wasn’t carried on FLO so your only options were the IHSAA app (which used to be free) or having Bally Sports TV (formally Fox Sports).   The wording on the IHSAA site isn’t super clear on the  Championship match viewing and I don’t want curveball to occur when the finals get started.  

I know it’s on Ballys TV but that’s not carried by many providers anymore, including mine.  And from the current IHSAA app options they are charging for the finals as part of the whole state package.  But possibly the Championship finals only free option just isn’t up yet. 

So can anyone confirm if the finals will actually be on Flo this year?  Or are the finals only still free on IHSAA app rather than part of the entire day pay option?

16 minutes ago, MattM said:

As much as I was hoping to make it up for state life priorities (wife’s birthday) took precedence this time.

Does anyone have confirmation on the streaming options for the championship finals matches.  In years past it wasn’t carried on FLO so your only options were the IHSAA app (which used to be free) or having Bally Sports TV (formally Fox Sports).   The wording on the IHSAA site isn’t super clear on the  Championship match viewing and I don’t want curveball to occur when the finals get started.  

I know it’s on Ballys TV but that’s not carried by many providers anymore, including mine.  And from the current IHSAA app options they are charging for the finals as part of the whole state package.  But possibly the Championship finals only free option just isn’t up yet. 

So can anyone confirm if the finals will actually be on Flo this year?  Or are the finals only still free on IHSAA app rather than part of the entire day pay option?

I asked the same question last week, thinking ahead.  It seems it will be available on Flo, but I know exactly what you are saying, so I am half expecting to have to scramble tonight.  Hopeful I won't.  

IHSAA used to be free for the Finals, but blacked out locally. It was available if you were out of the Fox Sports Indiana viewing area.  That was not the case during Football season so I am hoping Flo will have it, even if it's not the state broadcast (which would be disappointing but at least something).

59 minutes ago, trackgopher said:

We do not have streaming rights to the finals tonight.  So please plan on finding a way to watch via IHSAA app or Bally.

Thanks. But, Ugh sounds like it’s pay another time to view for most people.  

Looks like Bally Sports indiana has a 7 day free trial that may work to push the viewing problem down the road until at least next year. Ballys Network is trending to go under for good by then so who knows the viewing option by next year. 

Anyone know if just watching the finals on IHSAA App would be pro-rated cost rather than paying for the whole weekend worth?

Edited by MattM

Guess I am confused.  This is from IHSAA.org:

Streaming: All matches on Friday and Saturday, including Saturday night’s championship round, may be viewed via live stream for a subscription fee of $15 via IHSAAtv.org.  If you have a FloPro+ plan, you may also view the livestream at FloWrestling.com.  Saturday night’s championship round may also be found on the Bally Sports+ app.

I don't have Flo, is FloPro+ a different plan or something?  I purchased the package on IHSAAtv, I as able to login for the finals tonight, just said broadcast scheduled. So assuming (& hoping), Finals are included. 

7 minutes ago, RAJR said:

Guess I am confused.  This is from IHSAA.org:

Streaming: All matches on Friday and Saturday, including Saturday night’s championship round, may be viewed via live stream for a subscription fee of $15 via IHSAAtv.org.  If you have a FloPro+ plan, you may also view the livestream at FloWrestling.com.  Saturday night’s championship round may also be found on the Bally Sports+ app.

I don't have Flo, is FloPro+ a different plan or something?  I purchased the package on IHSAAtv, I as able to login for the finals tonight, just said broadcast scheduled. So assuming (& hoping), Finals are included. 

You'll be fine.  It's those of us with Flo that don't trust what that says.  In the past, it has not been that way and you had to watch the Finals on IHSAA TV if you weren't in the TV viewing area.  I'm assuming it's different this year, but not 100% confident.  

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Looks like Bally Sports indiana has a 7 day free trial that may work to push the viewing problem down the road until at least next year. Ballys Network is trending to go under for good by then so who knows the viewing option by next year. 

Anyone know if just watching the finals on IHSAA App would be pro-rated cost rather than paying for the whole weekend worth?

That sucks and why I've been gun shy to assume what the IHSAA put it was actually true.  

I'm completely screwed.  I'm out of State so I'm not even eligible to get Bally Sports Indiana.  

Edited by SWINfan

1 hour ago, MattM said:

$15.75 for the Finals on IHSAA

I can't even get Bally Sports Indiana so a free trial isn't an option.  I knew I was going to get screwed with this.

Just now, busstogate said:

The semistate/state package is the best deal.

Not if you already pay for it via Flo.  In the past, IHSAA.tv was free via their app if you lived outside of the TV viewing area.  This year the IHSAA started charging for it, I assume because Bally sucks so bad and many people don't have it.  But that squeezes out those of us who now have to pay twice.  Pre-Flo when it was Track Wrestling, you were correct, that was the way to do it.  

Just now, SWINfan said:

Not if you already pay for it via Flo.  In the past, IHSAA.tv was free via their app if you lived outside of the TV viewing area.  This year the IHSAA started charging for it, I assume because Bally sucks so bad and many people don't have it.  But that squeezes out those of us who now have to pay twice.  Pre-Flo when it was Track Wrestling, you were correct, that was the way to do it.  

That is true on the free finals.  Sorry to hear about the Flo juicing.  Not surprised, though.

4 minutes ago, busstogate said:

That is true on the free finals.  Sorry to hear about the Flo juicing.  Not surprised, though.

The problem isn't Flo.  It's the same on their end as it has been for years.  But the IHSAA is now charging and it's not accurate on their own site.  

2 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

The problem isn't Flo.  It's the same on their end as it has been for years.  But the IHSAA is now charging and it's not accurate on their own site.  

Guessing that since Flo never had rights to the finals, they had no say so in any changes the IHSAA made with it.

1 minute ago, busstogate said:

Guessing that since Flo never had rights to the finals, they had no say so in any changes the IHSAA made with it.

However, I do think that anyone who has paid for the finals should have evergreen access to them instead of having to pay again to acquire the DVD of them.

17 minutes ago, busstogate said:

However, I do think that anyone who has paid for the finals should have evergreen access to them instead of having to pay again to acquire the DVD of them.

If you purchase anything on IHSAA you can download it. I have South Adams state football run all on a drive.