Emd Holiday classic 2022

1prouddad

16 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Maybe @hook and halfcould give some insight. But im thinking Brock either pinned everyone or atleat majored. Young man was so dynamic 

Yes, Raney twins are exciting too. Love watching them. 

Sorry to let you down, 1proud; i don't know the answer.  I do know that Brock was a five-time champ.  Heckuva  wrestler and an even better kid.

16 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Maybe @hook and halfcould give some insight. But im thinking Brock either pinned everyone or atleat majored. Young man was so dynamic 

Yes, Raney twins are exciting too. Love watching them. 

Here's a consolation prize:  

On November 24, 1979, MD and Union County wrestled a dual meet in New Albany, Indiana.  At the end of the meet, both teams claimed victory and recorded it as such.  Future State Champ, Tim Boots, was the lynch pin for the controversy.

28 minutes ago, hook and half said:

Here's a consolation prize:  

On November 24, 1979, MD and Union County wrestled a dual meet in New Albany, Indiana.  At the end of the meet, both teams claimed victory and recorded it as such.  Future State Champ, Tim Boots, was the lynch pin for the controversy.

Hook, please elaborate. I thought the controversy was around what set of weights the duel was going to be wrestled with. If my memory serves me right Kentucky wrestled different weight classes than Indiana. The "agreement" was never made prior to the match in what rules to go by. Tight match and both teams claimed victory. What hand did Boots play in the day? I could be way off on my info on that but that's what I thought I read in a book that some really smart guy wrote.

Outstanding Match of the Tournament: 120 finals Jadyn Raney v Isaiah Schaefer. 

Outstanding Wrestler of Tournament: 126 Union County Jordyn Raney. 

Shoutout to Bryce Lowery of Roncalli for becoming the newest 4x MD Holiday Classic champion! 

Edited by Cricket21

16 minutes ago, Cricket21 said:

Shoutout to Luke Hansen of Roncalli for becoming the newest 4x MD Holiday Classic champion! 

Bryce Lowery @ 152 was the 4x EMD Holiday champ. 

Hansen was an absolute beast though pinning the UC kid in the finals after taking him down 4x and letting him up.

4 hours ago, Cricket21 said:

Shoutout to Luke Hansen of Roncalli for becoming the newest 4x MD Holiday Classic champion! 

You missed this one Cricket. It’s Lowery at 152

Lots of great solid matches and many were with price of admission alone. 

Big shout out to Civic Memorial who brought some studs. They left with 2 Champs and a few other podium guys. Bryce Griffin wins 145. In semis he tf ky #2 wrestler(Mayes) 

In finals, he defeats ky #1 Bryant Bean. 

Abe Wojcikiewicz had ky#1 and a state champ in George Feree. Majored him 12-0. 

Hoping this team enjoyed their trip and experience enough to make the trip next year. 

Raney twins, Hansen and Lowery were all top notch and had that west side gym rocking as well.