Crown Point 40, Regional All-Stars 25

maligned

Is this Crown Point team the best dual meet team Indiana has ever seen? 

By putting all 14 in the finals, Crown Point just won a dual meet, 40-25, over the best guys an entire good-quality regional had to offer. According to the Category data we collect for Team State, their regional would have been a Category 4 (average or normal depth) WITHOUT them. This means that probably only 3 or 4 regionals' all-stars could hang with them. 

CP's Genius rating that we'll publish soon is the highest we've ever seen by a large margin (actually, so is Brownsburg, and CG, as our 3rd best team right now, grades right near the best we've seen in more than 15 years of Genius). We didn't start collecting data until just after EMD's best teams, but it's increasingly clear this CP team is just as good in terms of duals as any we've seen. When we consider the in-state and out-of-state evidence and accolades, this team deserves to be called our best-ever duals team. 

Interesting to look at and talk about.

Was curious how center grove or Brownsburg stacked up to years past.

I noticed center grove got all 14 to the semi state and scored over 200 team points and still took 2nd to Brownsburg. 

I think in years past any one of the 3 teams would have been a clear favorite to win it all. Add in a very talented cathedral and its been a fun year to watch.

I wish Brownsburg (furthest North) went to a different semi state as now Brownsburg, Center Grove and EDM all have to fight to come out of the same place. 

Question is this an outlier year or a sample of things to come 

3 minutes ago, XCard said:

In about two weeks, the conversation of Best ever overall will more than likely be a topic of discussion. 

Agree for sure. It's going to be tough with this year's depth of talent to match EMD's 4 champs and team score. Even for CP, it will be tough to "prove" they're the best ever with an astronomical score.

29 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

CP has an awesome line up, the best we have to offer today, absolutely loaded. I realize you started your data collection after MD'S best teams, but lets be honest I don't think you can have this discussion without that MD team.

For sure.

But I feel comfortable giving CP the greatest duals team label because of all the evidence they've compiled. EMD had an in-state duals title. CP have the in-state title PLUS wins over nationally ranked in-state comp PLUS a win over a highly ranked out-of-state team PLUS the highest genius rating by a mile. EMD weren't lucky enough to have all the circumstances in place to amass all of those pieces, so there's enough doubt there to say CP have proven more as a duals team.

EMD have more tournament evidence, though, so I'm not comfortable saying CP are the best overall unless they get a giant score at state that would have rivaled EMD.

Edited by maligned

1 minute ago, maligned said:

For sure.

But I feel comfortable giving CP the greatest duals team label because of all the evidence they've compiled. EMD had an in-state duals title. CP have the in-state title PLUS wins over nationally ranked in-state comp PLUS a win over a highly ranked out-of-state team PLUS the highest genius rating by a mile. EMD weren't lucky enough to have all the circumstances in place to amass all of those pieces, so there's enough doubt there to say CP have proven more as a duals team.

EMD have more tournament evidence, though, so I'm not comfortable saying CP are the best overall unless they get a giant score at state that would have rivaled EMD.

Good luck to all over the next 2 weeks but when we all get to "Wrestling Heaven" that's when we'll find out who Indiana's greatest dual team ever really is. Because most of the individuals from the team coming out of the southern bracket are all sporting "Dad bods" now. CP is LOADED but so was that MD team. CP has Brownsberg to deal with, MD had Griffith to deal with, lots of variables. Let's not forget that in yester decade Bloomington had teams that squashed everyone and had phenomenal State Finals placement, I think today's wrestler is more specialized but again the world will never know. If we ever do get to see those match ups they will be some good ones!

It’s going to be a close Dog on Dog battle to the end than this lil’ Genius will say and predict . Both teams are to good not to.  

Wouldn’t doubt it if it came down to HWT, last match to decide the winner . Just like at Team State . Brownsburg did give CP everything, EVERYTHING plus and then some at team state . 1 point difference . 

I’ll predict 8 in the Semi finals for Brownsburg 

Ill predict 8 in the Semi finals for Crown Point 

Maybe more for both . 

Head 2 Head matchups & Upsets will be key . 

There TeamGarcia just gave you the most accurate Garcia Ratings EVER . 😂😂😂

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

On 2/6/2022 at 6:46 AM, TeamGarcia said:

It’s going to be a close Dog on Dog battle to the end than this lil’ Genius will say and predict . Both teams are to good not to.  

Wouldn’t doubt it if it came down to HWT, last match to decide the winner . Just like at Team State . Brownsburg did give CP everything, EVERYTHING plus and then some at team state . 1 point difference . 

I’ll predict 8 in the Semi finals for Brownsburg 

Ill predict 8 in the Semi finals for Crown Point 

Maybe more for both . 

Head 2 Head matchups & Upsets will be key . 

There TeamGarcia just gave you the most accurate Garcia Ratings EVER . 😂😂😂

Brownsburgh has 1 champ this year and doesn’t beat crown point in my opinion 285 is there only somewhat lock cp having 126 138 152 160 who all have good chances on winning but brownsburgh can take second tho🤷‍♂️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.