Carnahan Invite is Insane this Year

Sig40

3 hours ago, 4U2NV said:

What is your pick for toughest weight class?  Who will get national attention and get into the national rankings?  I'm most excited to see 152. I think Sam will crack the national rankings 

Maybe 120, looks like Logan Miller get another shot at #14 Blum. I Look for Logan to be on the National radar if he can pull out 2 wins over him .

106 & 285 looks interesting, possible see 2 National Ranked in the Finals . 

152- Anyone with Burnett last name from Ohio is always good. Nick & Nate Dad really  nice guy and great Coach btw. With Michigan & Ohio teams coming, it’ll be interesting where they put their wrestlers from 145 on up  ? Different weight classes in the respected states . Do they make them cut or go up a weight class for some ? 

What’s the featured weight ? I’m guessing it’s 120 again like in Davison. 

Will be interesting. 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell check

1 hour ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

I saw a cool picture of the brackets on @CPHSSports on Twitter. It is 16 man brackets and if you wrestle all the way back to 3rd after losing a first or second round match you will exceed the 5 match rule in Indiana. Did anyone else see this?

I don't see how it does, I keep counting.

Here is a link to the Facebook page 106.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/872413189625992

\

6 minutes ago, Joe Exotics Wildcats said:

UHHHHHHH, if you lose first round you cannot wrestle back to get third. Seems pretty wonky these guys are trying to get away with six matches.

Least of their worries, everyone knows the IHSAA rules Joe. Adjustments will be made accordingly. Calm down and train your wildcats to jump through hoops 😂

27 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Least of their worries, everyone knows the IHSAA rules Joe. Adjustments will be made accordingly. Calm down and train your wildcats to jump through hoops 😂

What adjustments can be made? The only logical conclusion would have to be for the Indiana teams to forfeit. My wildcats jump all the way up to first place.

Anyone that loses in the first round or quarters and wrestles in the 3rd or 5th place match will be in jeopardy of violating the 6 match limit. The only time they won't is if they win via forfeit or get a bye.

It seems like the tournament organizers are just going to figure it out as they go. 

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Anyone that loses in the first round or quarters and wrestles in the 3rd or 5th place match will be in jeopardy of violating the 6 match limit. The only time they won't is if they win via forfeit or get a bye.

It seems like the tournament organizers are just going to figure it out as they go. 

If I'm remembering right at the MD Holiday Classic last year if you lost first round the best you could do was wrestle back for 5th to avoid going over 5 matches. With the tournament being condensed to 1 day last year it was a necessity. But I could be wrong, my memory isn't what it once was. 

16 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Looking at the Track brackets, if you lose round 1 or 2 the best you can finish is 5th. This limits all wrestlers to a maximum of 5 matches.

Am I missing something?

41 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The brackets were not that way yesterday

Gotcha. Was just making sure I was reading the brackets correctly.

Sounds like someone realized what had to happen based on Indiana rules & adjusted the brackets accordingly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.