Yorktown 2A champs

maligned

Only because Bellmont got shafted.

:P

i'm really confused about something? I wanted to post something about how well run the event went today but now that I've read about the greatness of Bellmont I realize that I must be confused. There's no possible way that any group could consider hosting an event and hope for any type of success without Bellmont's attendance. I honestly thought that I saw an entire days worth of great matches and some unreal competition but it must have been smoke and mirrors. After all, how can there be any true competition without Bellmont?

Who should I contact concerning getting a refund?

i'm really confused about something? I wanted to post something about how well run the event went today but now that I've read about the greatness of Bellmont I realize that I must be confused. There's no possible way that any group could consider hosting an event and hope for any type of success without Bellmont's attendance. I honestly thought that I saw an entire days worth of great matches and some unreal competition but it must have been smoke and mirrors. After all, how can there be any true competition without Bellmont?

Who should I contact concerning getting a refund?

that post was sarcasm because of another thread...same as yours.  It's good to know it was well-run!

My guess, would be the started it the final round early because of the pending weather forcast.?

What fantastic matches all around.  Nobody will every be pleased 100% of the selected 8 teams.  But all I can say is that I was glued to track wrestling watching for several hours.

Time to bump up?

I agree with this.  You can only be a big fish in a little pond for so long.  If their excellent program really wants to see where they stand, I would love to see them bump up.  Maybe the ISHWA can adopt the same bump up rules, as the IHSAA did for Football. Just a thought.  I would really like to see Yorktown do that at Disney and for Team State.  It would be great for Wrestling.  I like their program, I would love to see how they do against the BIG DOGS.  Isn't EMD considered 1A or 2A technically?

You can't compare a public school to a private school.  MD may only have the enrolment of a 2A school.  But

they get a lot of the best wrestlers from a city the size of Ft. Wayne. 

I would love to see private schools have to use a map system to be classified.

1) Take a map of the area. 

2) Mark where all the kids that participle in athletics live.

3) Use the population density factor for the area to figure the class.

Then you would have a much better representation of the schools true class

its obvious and has been for years...EMD has the balls to bump up bcuz they know they can compete, as they have forever...but YT I don't think has a pair quite as big...being king of the small schools is enough for YT, so I don't see a bump up coming anytime soon...

its obvious and has been for years...EMD has the balls to bump up bcuz they know they can compete, as they have forever...but YT I don't think has a pair quite as big...being king of the small schools is enough for YT, so I don't see a bump up coming anytime soon...

That's easy to say when you're at a school that has, what, triple the enrollment of Yorktown?  How many kids does Perry have on their team?

Honestly, do we want Yorktown to bump up and take 6th in 3A?  I know the other 2A schools didn't really compete too well with them last weekend, but if Yorktown bumps up and another team wins 2A does it mean as much to them?  EMD moving up is just different.  There is no reason for them to compete at 1A or even 2A.  Yorktown probably wouldn't be within 40 points of the top 4 in 3A this year.  Carroll is obviously fantastic and they have several other very good wrestlers, but they couldn't compete at 3A right now.  They should stay at 2A and let the other schools in their class have something to work toward.  I think it's wrong that every time a team or school has success people want them to move up and lose.  If you don't like that Yorktown keeps winning, beat them.  They are where they belong for now.   

Honestly, do we want Yorktown to bump up and take 6th in 3A?  I know the other 2A schools didn't really compete too well with them last weekend, but if Yorktown bumps up and another team wins 2A does it mean as much to them?  EMD moving up is just different.  There is no reason for them to compete at 1A or even 2A.  Yorktown probably wouldn't be within 40 points of the top 4 in 3A this year.  Carroll is obviously fantastic and they have several other very good wrestlers, but they couldn't compete at 3A right now.  They should stay at 2A and let the other schools in their class have something to work toward.  I think it's wrong that every time a team or school has success people want them to move up and lose.  If you don't like that Yorktown keeps winning, beat them.  They are where they belong for now. 

love it or hate it Yorktown is titletown. 

with there Yorktown/allstar team they take to Disney they are always at or near the top in the small school dvision.    small schools and jv teams have takin many a beatings from the tigers.

expect the dominate 2a yorktown to continue. 

the hits will keep coming.

Very good points.  I really admire their program, It is our nature to always root for the underdog.  And my post was earlier was mean as a compliment, not to degrade. Hope nobody took it that way.  From a message I received I guess Yorktown will Wrestle Franklin this coming weekend, so I will get my wish.  Great job Tigers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.