3A team Seeding at IHSWCA State Duals?

wrestlinggods

I think a great topic that should be discussed this Sunday, is the Seeding of the 3A teams for the upcoming IHSWCA Team State.  I know the protocol last year was to Seed the top 4 from each class and blind draw the other 4. 

I really feel with the depth of the 3A Teams, There should be more than 4 teams seeded. Wanted to get this out there b4 the upcoming IHSWCA coaches meeting.

Coach Weimer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump!!!! This will b a major discussion n 3 weeks& I hope it gets addressed 2morrow, during the conference call..

Surprised there hasn't been any discussion on this topic.....With as close as the duals should be seeding will be important.

How would you seed these teams?

Cathedral

Penn

East Noble

Perry Meridian

Warren Central

Franklin

Bloomington South

Evansville Mater Dei

I could not be more excited for this years tournement. IMO there is no clear cut favorite this year I believe all of those top six pose serious matchup problems to one another. I believe if you ran this tournement 3 times with different seedlings each time you come away with 3 different champs.

I agree Y2, and I feel that we need to seed up to 6 in 3A, rather than just 4 like last year.  When you have teams that are that close, I think it imperative to seed 6. 

I feel to keep this event growing we owe it to the schools competing and the fans who will be in attendance to put out the best product possible, and seeding 6 will give us the best option to do that.

Coach Weimer 

I agree Y2, and I feel that we need to seed up to 6 in 3A, rather than just 4 like last year.  When you have teams that are that close, I think it imperative to seed 6. 

I feel to keep this event growing we owe it to the schools competing and the fans who will be in attendance to put out the best product possible, and seeding 6 will give us the best option to do that.

Coach Weimer

If you are going to seed the top 6 you should go ahead and seed all 8.  Shouldn't bee too much more difficult to do.

Seed top 4 and draw the other four...

I think seeding four and drawing four gives us just as much excitement as seeding 6 or 8. 

I like the idea of the randomn draw for the other four..

If we posted seeds as of today, based on rankings I'm pretty sure this is what it would look like if they do indeed seed 8

1-Perry

8-East Noble

4-Penn

5- Warren

3-Franklin

6-Catherdral

7-Bloomington South

2-Mater Dei

Wow, its going to be lights out all three rounds. Let's see how much rankings change in the next week or two.

If we posted seeds as of today, based on rankings I'm pretty sure this is what it would look like if they do indeed seed 8

1-Perry

8-East Noble

4-Penn

5- Warren

3-Franklin

6-Catherdral

7-Bloomington South

2-Mater Dei

Wow, its going to be lights out all three rounds. Let's see how much rankings change in the next week or two.

Will they seed more than 4???? That is the question

Top four are done.  But the committee is still discussing the ideas sudgested here on the board to see how we will handle the remaining four teams. 

Once the committee decides and informs me of the decision then we will move forward with the bracket process.  Danny and I will video the draw and post it for all to see. 

We have discussed all ideas at our last meeting and the IHSWCA Team State seeding committee has continued to discuss, through emails, and once we have all input in this week we will release the final decision.  The committee could elect to remain the same as last year or modify to incorporate some of the ideas posted here on the board or emailed to the committee members. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.