Injury time for rest should be penalty

digninrk

I wasn't even referring to Mccloskey.

i didnt say you were, i just said I saw all his matches, he has asthma and he didnt do it. i didnt see any others do it but i didnt see everyone elses matches. there is another topic on here where they are trying to cry and whine abou thim doing this exact thing and im kinda sick of hearing people cry a river about it with him when he dont do it to take advantage, he does it because he has to.

Dont no much but ive always that inhalers are an unfair advantage and should be banned substance.

another idiot, yea its unfair that someone cant breathe. they should have to suffer through it and if they die then they die, at least they didnt take advatage of that inhaler.

I coached a kid that used an inhaler from 5th grade until he graduated high school. Sometimes he could get through a 6 minute match with no problem and other times he needed the inhaler. One match that stands out to me was when he was ahead 14-0 at the end of the 2nd period. He took injury time between the 2nd and 3rd periods to use the inhaler. He took a 2nd injury timeout with about 1 minute to go in the match. My guy who had the 14 point lead at the end of the 2nd period lost 22-21. When you can not breath you can not wrestle. Two years ago at a football game our best lineman went out of the game to use his inhaler. He waited to long to come out because he wanted to stay in the game and the inhaler was to late. He ended up rushed to the hospital because he could not get any air.

Stop making this thread into an asthma issue. Its very simple. Im pretty sure the coach is not supposed to talk strategy with his kid who is injured during the injury timeout. My thought: if the coach or an asst of the kid who is injured speaks one word to his wrestler (i dont care if he says how ya doin) the kid loses a point. Meanwhile, the uninjured wrestler can get all the "coaching" he likes.  I think two things happen when a non injury injury timeout is called. The kid gets a breather (nothing can be done to prevent this) and he gets instruction from his coach. This needs to stop.

I agree using injury time for resting should be illegal. This should be cotrolled by the Ref.Im Not saying this about an inhaler.

A wrestler asks for an injury time out. The referee HAS to give it to him. The official does not know if he is injured or is just needing a breather. They cannot judge this at this time. I guess you would want all referees to attend medical school first before getting thier striped shirts. 

Stop making this thread into an asthma issue. Its very simple. Im pretty sure the coach is not supposed to talk strategy with his kid who is injured during the injury timeout. My thought: if the coach or an asst of the kid who is injured speaks one word to his wrestler (i dont care if he says how ya doin) the kid loses a point. Meanwhile, the uninjured wrestler can get all the "coaching" he likes.  I think two things happen when a non injury injury timeout is called. The kid gets a breather (nothing can be done to prevent this) and he gets instruction from his coach. This needs to stop.

No, it is an asthma issue. People are on here bashing kids who have asthma because they have to take a hit of their inhaler and in their opinions those kids are out of shape and are looking for a break. Obviously they got rid of that rule for a reason, and so your telling me the kid who is already at a disadvantage because of his asthma should be at more of a disadvantage and can't get advice from his coaches but the other wrestler can get all he wants.  I hope the people who take issue with this have a child that gets asthma so then maybe they can be more sympathetic to it. Look up the definition of asthma and how it works before you people start judging

You have to give a kid a timeout for injury when he asks for one. No question. However, stop him from getting instruction from his coach. That is a benefit the injured wrestler should not recceive. I dont care if asthma, compound fracture or breather. The kid gets no corner input from coaches.

Something to keep in mind: there have been a TON of rules put in place to try to regulate injury times better in the last 15 years.  You used to be able to have 3 timeouts (maybe even unlimited number before that, don't recall) for a total of 2 minutes with no penalty of any kind.  Then it became 2 timeouts and 1:30.  Then it became your opponent gets position choice on the second timeout.  Then you had to tape your shoes...

In the end, a lot has been regulated, but it's impossible to regulate every little abuse of the rules a kid or coach could potentially exploit in the heat of a match.  I would rather allow asthmatic kids to use inhalers, knowing that 10-20% might occasionally take a sketchy timeout, than not allow them at all and penalize the 80-90% that never abuse the situation.

Please keep in mind, these are KIDS that you're bashing. Do you actually think that these kids like having asthma? Instead of bashing a kid for something they can't control, lets congratulate them for getting out there and working hard anyway.

Some of you should pay closer attention to the rules before you post ignorant things on here.

Keep in mind, your kid could get asthma too. Next year it could be your kid that needs to take "fake" injury time. But then it won't be so bad, will it?