What wrestlers will be dark horses this year?

Whitley from Floyd is my candidate for a dark horse. Beating Lahue last year should show what he is capable of.

I don't know I watched Whitley at the Mater dei holiday classic last year and didn't see anything special just a good leg rider besides that on his feet he was lacking a solid takedown if he worked on his feet this summer and is as good there as he is on the mat then I agree, but only time will tell that and I also noticed he seemed to be fatigued possibly cutting to much weight? No matter he has to find the right weight class to have success

Konner Chafin of Jimtown (113/120) pinned Jacob Brown first round over the summer. Was varisty last year until semi-state qualifier Cody Koebel took him out right at the end of the season. Look for him to make noise in the Fort Wayne semi-state.

I have only heard the name chafin I haven't got a chance to see him wrestle, but I do know Brown is a solid wrestler he can lose his temper and give a match up every now and then but if he pinned Brown he is either a true force to watch this year or just caught him in a move.

I have only heard the name chafin I haven't got a chance to see him wrestle, but I do know Brown is a solid wrestler he can lose his temper and give a match up every now and then but if he pinned Brown he is either a true force to watch this year or just caught him in a move.

He caught him. But he has a weird style. His balance is crazy and it takes a lot to take him down, and he is a lot stronger than he looks.

Now I am going to sound like a proud father here. But, Due to an injury last year at EIAC, my son (Daniel Howard)could not continue the season. His record going into EIAC was around 26 and 3 Ranked 12th by Indiana m=Mat for a Semi ranking before injury. He has worked really hard to get back down to 182 and will be wrestling the same weight class. Wish us luck this year fellas, this is his senior year and going to state has been his dream.

Now I am going to sound like a proud father here. But, Due to an injury last year at EIAC, my son (Daniel Howard)could not continue the season. His record going into EIAC was around 26 and 3 Ranked 12th by Indiana m=Mat for a Semi ranking before injury. He has worked really hard to get back down to 182 and will be wrestling the same weight class. Wish us luck this year fellas, this is his senior year and going to state has been his dream.

Good luck.  Hope he stays healthy so that he has the opportunity to fulfill his dream.

Mr Howard,

I have gone through similar with my oldest son.  As always I pray for all our young men. Hard to lose a promising season anytime due to injury.  Even more so your senior season.

Konner Chafin of Jimtown (113/120) pinned Jacob Brown first round over the summer. Was varisty last year until semi-state qualifier Cody Koebel took him out right at the end of the season. Look for him to make noise in the Fort Wayne semi-state.

What about the 215 pounder from Jimtown that some were predicting great things from because pf an absolutely huge preseason win last year? Is he back? 

Jeff Reece from Reitz. Kid has uncanny balance and crazy strong plus he's only a sophomore so he has 3 years. My definition of a dark horse is someone that doesn't do all the travel\national wrestling but dominates matches against kids that do. Jeff has that kind of ability but had Trevor Moody and Blake Reuger in front of him last year. However I think that only helped him wrestling two studs like them every day in practice last year. Look for him around 138-145.

What about the 215 pounder from Jimtown that some were predicting great things from because pf an absolutely huge preseason win last year? Is he back? 

That would be Dustin Chafin, but he graduated last year. I think you're referring to the end of his junior year at team regionals when he got a takedown on Devin Reagan in the last 30 seconds to get a 3-2 win. He got beat by Biberstine in the ticket round his senior year.

That would be Dustin Chafin, but he graduated last year. I think you're referring to the end of his junior year at team regionals when he got a takedown on Devin Reagan in the last 30 seconds to get a 3-2 win. He got beat by Biberstine in the ticket round his senior year.

No, that isnt the kid at all.  No, the Jimtown kid Im thinking of had a huge win at the Indianamat Hoosier Preaseason Open in 2011.  He had a nickname and everything after the win. Pretty sure it was at 215. Beat a kid from Warren Central that used to wrestle at PM.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.