state individual ranking updates

singleleg

Why cant someone UPDATE the individual state rankings on this web site ??  State tournament is over and the rankings should be final for the year. 

If your going to leave them up on the boards  until fall, at least reflect the state tournament results.

Many lower ranked kids had great tournaments and finished better than where Indiana mat had them ranked, and likewise some high ranked kids either didnt make it to state or didnt finish as high as they were ranked going in.

If your going to RANK wrestlers for the year, at least post the final results from the state tourney, which is the official rankings for the year.

Website is good but should be alot better. 

Im just a fan, with no kid wrestling.

Our Indiana High School Wrestlers need to be supported and kids that got further than their "ranking"  should be promoted by listing their accomplishment at the state tournament.

Why cant someone UPDATE the individual state rankings on this web site ??   State tournament is over and the rankings should be final for the year. 

If your going to leave them up on the boards  until fall, at least reflect the state tournament results.

Many lower ranked kids had great tournaments and finished better than where Indiana mat had them ranked, and likewise some high ranked kids either didnt make it to state or didnt finish as high as they were ranked going in.

If your going to RANK wrestlers for the year, at least post the final results from the state tourney, which is the official rankings for the year.

Website is good but should be alot better. 

Im just a fan, with no kid wrestling.

Our Indiana High School Wrestlers need to be supported and kids that got further than their "ranking"  should be promoted by listing their accomplishment at the state tournament.

The final "rankings" are on the IHSAA website.  Did you eat paint chips as a child?

no mostly nails and glass...  SA...  WHY CANT INDIANA MAT POST THEM?  ITS LAZY NOT TO UPDATE the rankings  much less not to update wins and losses during the season. Wins and losses werent  updated after 1/2 the season, which is when wins and losses are more critical.  Do it right or just dont do it...    or should I expect a half A'd website?

Why cant someone UPDATE the individual state rankings on this web site ??   State tournament is over and the rankings should be final for the year.  If your going to leave them up on the boards  until fall, at least reflect the state tournament results.

Perhaps it is the fact that many wrestling fans like to compare REGULAR season rankings with the state tournament results.  The REGULAR season rankings haven't changed since the week before sectional.

Many lower ranked kids had great tournaments and finished better than where Indiana mat had them ranked, and likewise some high ranked kids either didnt make it to state or didnt finish as high as they were ranked going in. If your going to RANK wrestlers for the year, at least post the final results from the state tourney, which is the official rankings for the year.

The policy of Indiana Mat is to not update ranking during the state series.  The state finals results are not really rankings....they are the results of the state tourney and they only got 8 deep.  Furthermore, because our tournament does not have wrestlebacks, many 5th place finishers are better than those that finished 3rd and 4th.  Many fans enjoy comparing the state results to the REGULAR season rankings.  If wrestlers return next year, their accomplishments will be noted in the rankings.  If they are seniors, congratulations on the accomplishment but Im not sure copying results that easily accessed at IHSAA site really does much in terms of promotion.

WHY CANT INDIANA MAT POST THEM?  ITS LAZY NOT TO UPDATE the rankings  much less not to update wins and losses during the season. Wins and losses werent  updated after 1/2 the season, which is when wins and losses are more critical.  Do it right or just dont do it...    or should I expect a half A'd website?

The rankings and records were updated through the regular season and that has been the format since the inception of the website.  You saying that wins and losses weren't updated after 1/2 the season is untrue and makes your entire argument suspect in my mind.  Again, the website could list the top 8 in each weight class somewhere but I'm not sure of the value of the enterprise.  Calling the rankings guy and administrators of the site lazy is just silly.  The "promotion" of Indiana's high school wrestlers has never been as strong as it is now.  IndianaMat has played a significant role in that promotion.  If you think the web site is half A'd and you have a better way, you can start your own site to promote whoever you want.  I know from experience that ranting about things is not a very effective way of getting things to change.

no mostly nails and glass...  SA...  WHY CANT INDIANA MAT POST THEM?  ITS LAZY NOT TO UPDATE the rankings  much less not to update wins and losses during the season. Wins and losses werent  updated after 1/2 the season, which is when wins and losses are more critical.  Do it right or just dont do it...    or should I expect a half A'd website?

We could go back to pre -2008 and have no website to promote the sport of wrestling in this state.

no mostly nails and glass...   SA...   WHY CANT INDIANA MAT POST THEM?   ITS LAZY NOT TO UPDATE the rankings   much less not to update wins and losses during the season. Wins and losses werent  updated after 1/2 the season, which is when wins and losses are more critical.  Do it right or just dont do it...    or should I expect a half A'd website?

So who is it that you are just dying to see ranked?

Im not dying to see anyone. I have no kid in HS wrestling. Im a fan of the sport and since Im not able to see most of the kids wrestle, I rely on this site to give me info on matches during the season.  Wins and losses with common opponents.

I do understand and appreciate the points that were made.

Im a supporter of Indiana HS wrestling and appreciate the promotion it gets on this website.

I Stuck My Foot in my mouth and hit send.

I will take the Ahole Award for the week

The rankings are done well and I like the format in place.  I'm able to get a good idea where our athletes stand  with the rest of the competition.  But just an fyi,  during  the postseason I refer local newspapers and news stations to the site for reference when they are covering advancing athletes. They have questioned why certain athletes are ranked higher than others they have lost to, why individuals are ranked that have been eliminated in previous weeks, or why they are not ranked at all despite having qualified. 

Im not dying to see anyone. I have no kid in HS wrestling. Im a fan of the sport and since Im not able to see most of the kids wrestle, I rely on this site to give me info on matches during the season.  Wins and losses with common opponents.

I do understand and appreciate the points that were made.

Im a supporter of Indiana HS wrestling and appreciate the promotion it gets on this website.

I Stuck My Foot in my mouth and hit send.

I will take the Ahole Award for the week

why are you relying on the rankings when u can just look at the results page or just look at the message board itself?

As far as I know no sport does new rankings after the state tournament starts. No good reason to do so.

no mostly nails and glass...   SA...   WHY CANT INDIANA MAT POST THEM?   ITS LAZY NOT TO UPDATE the rankings   much less not to update wins and losses during the season. Wins and losses werent  updated after 1/2 the season, which is when wins and losses are more critical.  Do it right or just dont do it...    or should I expect a half A'd website?

The website is free and in my opinion has been fantastic.  If it is not up to your standard then develop another website that suites your needs.  If you don't think the website is done "right" then why make a screen name just to complain it comes across ironic and uneducated. 

And since I know you will more than likely make the statement I am forgetting about the wrestlers accomplishments.  I would like to congratulate everyone who participated in the state tournament and placed beyond their rankings.  Also, applause for everyone who wrestled this year it is a tough sport and extremely rewarding.   

I feel like the website should be upgraded to show current places and rankings, but its not really a big deal either way. in the end rankings are just to show some respect to guys who earned it.

That probably won't happen due to a project in the works for a completely new rankings background system. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.