Toughest draw to win state

PoTweet

My pick would be Dalton Halbig of Princeton

He would likelyhaveto get past #2 ranked undefeated Berry, to get to #4 or 6th ranked, to get to another undefeated #3 ranked Maurer to get to his third undefeated top ranked defending national champion Sliga.

See if there are any tougher draws than that one out there.

I would say Bays got a tough draw on Friday night.

I would say Cameron Colby from Kokomo got a rough draw.  Using the rankings that are up now.

Friday #1 Kral

Sat QF #5 Bass (Undefeated)

Sat Semi #3 Robinson

Finals #2 Knura/Biberstine/#4 Gallegos

Did Colby wrestle Kral at the Warsaw super duals in November?  If so what was the score.  I am assuming they did not because Colby only had one loss.  

ones that actually have a shot in #2 phillips/#3 crume... winner of that match likely has #6 vanhook then #4 Lecount(who beat phillips) to go against 2 x state champ 1 x 3rd placer, nationally ranked ayersman. 

Don't have to be like that! Hell everyone in the field right now has a shot. I agree, Bays is a huge longshot, but give the kid a break.  We don't need to write a kid off and trash whatever hopes he may have on a public post.

ones that actually have a shot in #2 phillips/#3 crume... winner of that match likely has #6 vanhook then #4 Lecount(who beat phillips) to go against 2 x state champ 1 x 3rd placer, nationally ranked ayersman. 

Don't have to be like that! Hell everyone in the field right now has a shot. I agree, Bays is a huge longshot, but give the kid a break.  We don't need to write a kid off and trash whatever hopes he may have on a public post.

Haha I can agree with that I'm sure Bays knows anyone can be beat at any time. I saw him wrestle at Bellmont and he is tough he wrestled faroute tough. I hope Bays know la the opportunity he has to be a bracket buster. Congrats to him and good luck.

my bad, let me rephrase that and say have a decent shot

Tommy Cash at 106

He has Kuhn first round and then secound round he has Micic he wrestled great at new castle only lost to Boston 1-0 in the finals and in my opinion I think he can beat Boston but I don't see him getting past Micic.

Tommy Cash at 106

He has Kuhn first round and then secound round he has Micic he wrestled great at new castle only lost to Boston 1-0 in the finals and in my opinion I think he can beat Boston but I don't see him getting past Micic.

It's a shame these two meet up Saturday morning....both wrestlers are easily a top four in this weight..bad draw for both..should be interesting...i was pretty impressed with Cash this past weekend and New Castle...if Micic overlooks Tommy it could be him wrestling for 5th place

Ian Early at 195. Has #3 Raypole friday night. Then #2 Berry. Then Mauer in semis and Sliga in finals. Tough draw indeed.

Very true, basically the same draw as Halbig, just switching the first 2matches. Early or Raypole would have to go through 3 undefeated wrestlers.  Any other weight classes with 3 or more undefeated?

Gotta be Crume. Win semistate and be rewarded with a two time state champ! Also has Lecount in his half. Not saying he can't win both those, just that I feel it's the toughest draw.

I seen Angel Escobedo get thrown to his back at the state finals.  He didnt get pinned but it proves just about anything is possible

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.