Favorite Round of the IHSAA Tourney

Miller News

Had a discussion with my son yesterday to figure out our favorite round of the tourney.  Here's my top 5.  what's yours?

1.  Semi-State - Ticket Round (This is a point where so many kid have set their goal - electricity is so thick you can cut it with a knife)

2.  State - Semi-Finals (The Fights for the Lights)

3.  State - Friday Night (I Want to be a State Placer!!!!)

T4.  The First and Last (1st round of Sectionals (the long season has finally made it to tourney time) - State Finals (Who is the Man)

Had a discussion with my son yesterday to figure out our favorite round of the tourney.  Here's my top 5.  what's yours?

1.  Semi-State - Ticket Round (This is a point where so many kid have set their goal - electricity is so thick you can cut it with a knife)

T4.  The First and Last (1st round of Sectionals (the long season has finally made it to tourney time) - State Finals (Who is the Man)

I think you pretty much nailed the consensus on this. In 5th place...I might add the first round (ticket) of regionals. In small communities or schools, it can be a big deal for a local kid to become a semi-state qualifier. In best-case scenarios that can be a jumping-off spot toward building a program.

I agree with you as well...The only one i might place number one for me is the State Finals match...nothing like watching a kid from your school competing under the lights for a State Title!! I get chills thinking about it!

The first round at the local watering hole after a loong day at semistate.   ;)

That is a good one Insanoflex......The Mason Inn in Pittsboro after sectionals and then of course Gray's after the Mooresville Regionals (just good eats, no watering).  At state.....The Golden Ace in Indianapolis for the finals.

Mine is almost like that but i switch 2&3 around

I added a topic called "NEVER Have ticket round wrestlebacks" and you guys made my point.

As Miller notes exciting rounds...2 of his top 3 are rounds with no wrestlebacks.

Think about this before you all start advocating for wrestlebacks! Don't ruin the best rounds and continue to kill the sport. Keep the excitement! It's already as fair as it can be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.