MD vs. PM

sweepsingle20

This is going to be a good dual - if it happens - but I hope both teams are focused on winning Round 1 first.  I never underestimate the will of a champion ~ both teams want to end up champs so, if this match-up occurs, I fully expect it to be a battle to the end!

As 'unbeatable' as Perry is, if somebody does it.. it'd be Mater Dei. They dont get pinned and they rarely give up bonus points.

they lost to LN last year because they gave up a few unexpected falls...

It will be an intense dual...

• 2 weeks later...

assuming its the same sectional line up. the line ups should be:

MD                      PM

106:Seng                        Cottey

113:Johnson                James

120:Goebal                    Kenny

126:Pierre                      LeCount

132:Schroeder              McKinley

138:Lannert                Bova

145:Bassmeier              McClurg

152:Folz                          Mathews

160:Parkinson              Johnson

170:Inj. Def.                Masengale         

182:Brandenstein      Martin

195:Maurer                  Ash

220:Collins                  Naughton

HWT:Wright              Winfield

Excuse me on spellings. most of these are just coming from memory. Predictions?

assuming its the same sectional line up. the line ups should be:

MD                      PM

106:Seng                        Cottey

113:Johnson                 James

120:Goebal                    Kenny

126:Pierre                      LeCount

132:Schroeder              McKinley

138:Lannert                 Bova

145:Bassmeier              McClurg

152:Folz                          Mathews

160:Parkinson              Johnson

170:Inj. Def.                 Masengale         

182:Brandenstein      Martin

195:Maurer                  Ash

220:Collins                   Naughton

HWT:Wright               Winfield

Excuse me on spellings. most of these are just coming from memory. Predictions?

I doubt Mater Dei will injury default 170, what with their vaunted junior varsity studs ready to step up at a moment's notice. I think this will be a great dual. The semis at team state figure to be pretty exciting: PM against MD and CP against either Cathedral or Penn. I haven't double checked this, but off the top of my head, I think it is possible there could be near 30 state qualifiers in the semis of team state. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but that's pretty amazing.

106-MD

113-PM

120-MD

126-PM

132-PM

138-MD

145-MD

152-MD

160-PM

170-PM

182-MD

195-MD

220-MD

285-PM

You know, I was looking at this earlier and agreed with all of your picks except 106. It is still a swing match along with 120, 138, 145, and 220. It actually kind of surprises me how much of a chance Mater Dei has of beating Perry.

You know, I was looking at this earlier and agreed with all of your picks except 106. It is still a swing match along with 120, 138, 145, and 220. It actually kind of surprises me how much of a chance Mater Dei has of beating Perry.

Yes, but I can see Seng beating Cottey if he wrestles his best.  This match will very likely come down to bonus points and that has always been Mater Dei's strength- not giving them up and getting them when possible.

Yes, but I can see Seng beating Cottey if he wrestles his best.  This match will very likely come down to bonus points and that has always been Mater Dei's strength- not giving them up and getting them when possible.

Agree that he can beat Cottey but i was just going off of first thought. You are absolutely correct in how they don't give up bonus. They always wrestle their best at team state it seems. Which JV kid will it be this year, to surprise everyone?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.