State Champs

SLDchamp

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tyandky- have you seen Molloy wrestle? he has a style that might be troublesome for jmac! Molloy freaky agile and real slippery, headlock won't work! Not saying u are wrong or jmac wouldn't win but ur not giving molloy much credit with that statement? Not trying to be obtuse, just saying..

Seen  both wrestle for years

They also attend some camps with my kids.

i just think in the big match jared won't get scored on by him

And yes i think molloy is a great wrestler also

But will he even get to come back down to 32

Seen  both wrestle for years

They also attend some camps with my kids.

i just think in the big match jared won't get scored on by him

And yes i think molloy is a great wrestler also

But will he even get to come back down to 32

He is wrestling 132 in the morning. 

106- Boston

113- Brooks (although wouldn't be shocked if James pulled an upset)

120- Todd

126- Philips

132- Molloy

138- Jackson

145- Tsirtsis

152- Mullins

160- Harvey

170- Willis

182- Brandenstein

195- Maurer

220- Knura

285- Bernard

I know I have some unorthodox picks but just wanted to make this fun.  Maurer over Sliga would be a huge upset but Maurer has been wrestling great and it would be an awesome story. 

106- Boston

113- Brooks (although wouldn't be shocked if James pulled an upset)

120- Todd

126- Philips

132- Molloy

138- Jackson

145- Tsirtsis

152- Mullins

160- Harvey

170- Willis

182- Brandenstein

195- Maurer

220- Knura

285- Bernard

I know I have some unorthodox picks but just wanted to make this fun.  Maurer over Sliga would be a huge upset but Maurer has been wrestling great and it would be an awesome story. 

I wouldnt be surprised seeing Phillips take fourth behind Crume, Lecount, and Ayersman.  I also dont see Brandenstein winning it after not ever qualifying beofre.. But only time will tell

They must be from the same area

132- no doubt JMAC will win it again

molloy  won't score an offensive point on mckinley

Wont score an offensive point..really? A defending state champ cant score points.  Molloy has a sick low single and super duck.  This match could defintely go either way but to say Molloy wont score is rediculous.

You can't at all see that?

I'm kind of expecting Phillips to take 3rd behind Crume and Ayersman. Never seen LeCount wrestle, but he's obviously the real deal. I'd pick Phillips over him, but probably could go either way.

No I don't see that happening...I see Phillips finishing 1st...Ayersman 2nd Lecount. 3rd depending on the draw...I just hope that Phillips vs Ayersman is under the lights.

No I don't see that happening...I see Phillips finishing 1st...Ayersman 2nd Lecount. 3rd depending on the draw...I just hope that Phillips vs Ayersman is under the lights.

It's very possible, but I still see Ayersman finishing 1st. Crume or Phillips could either get 2nd depending on the draw and whoever comes most prepared. LeCount should be right up there with them and we can't forget bout Carroll.

I wouldnt be surprised seeing Phillips take fourth behind Crume, Lecount, and Ayersman.  I also dont see Brandenstein winning it after not ever qualifying beofre.. But only time will tell

His name slips my mind, the state champ at 189 last year from Bloomington North had never qualified for state and beat Stevenson to win the State title.  Also, the Heavy Weight I believe was a first time qualifier (don't quote me on that one).  So Brandenstein could shock some people, not saying he will, but he could.  EMD wrestlers are always well prepared, coached, and conditioned so wouldn't be a total surprise.

His name slips my mind, the state champ at 189 last year from Bloomington North had never qualified for state and beat Stevenson to win the State title.  Also, the Heavy Weight I believe was a first time qualifier (don't quote me on that one).  So Brandenstein could shock some people, not saying he will, but he could.  EMD wrestlers are always well prepared, coached, and conditioned so wouldn't be a total surprise.

Garrett Goldman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.