Al Smith preview??

Katsa

Im at work but while its slow ill throw a couple out thee... nothing good or thought out but to tie everyone over till tonight. Also since seeding isnt done this could be way off that can play a huge part in the placings.

106: Nathan Boston looks to continue his streak. The returning al smith and state champ should go through this field pretty easy. Outside of that it seems to be anyones game. With 9 guys from 11 to HM and all of them being freshmen and sophomore this could get interesting. Expect some upsets. Look for Lee to give Boston his best match.

My top eight:

1. Boston LN

2/3. Lee Ga/Davis Pe

4. Garza Me

5. Franko Jt

6. Olsen SBA

7. Sinkovich Mi

8. Burns MC

113. It will be a bad day to be a 113 lber.

top 5

1. Brooks Wa

2/3. Schoettle CG/Emmons Mi

4. Schitter Ja

5. Wordlaw SBR

120. Another weightclass with a handful of 10-HM guys makes this intense. With no clear cut favorite you never know what could happen. I would look for Garcia to come up pn top but there are a few others that would like to think otherwise. The top 4 should be interesting.

Top 7.

1. Garcia Me

2/3. Martsolf Mi/Davis Pe

4. Sparks LN

5. Newkirk6 LC

6. Lechowics LKC

7. Keuneke BE

126. This weight class might just be worth the price of admission and thr trip to mishawaka, itself.  3 guys in the top 5 should make it a fun tournament. Most people are already giving Ayersman the win but with Binion and Crume it could be a brawl and hes gonna have to earn it. His two state titles alone make him the favorite but it should be fun to watch.

1. Ayersmanthe LKC

2/3. Binion MI/Crume JT

4. Ayala HO

5. Boston LN

6. Smith MC

7. Simpson Peru

8. Carmichael CG

132. Another good one here featuring Molloy vs forte. Molloy made a statement last year winning the 130 lb weight at state, but Forte looks ready to make a statement of his own. Look for returning al smith runner up Ferdig, and penns Varner to round out the top 4.

Top 7

1. Molloy Da

2. Forte Mi

3. Ferdig Sba

4. Varner Pe

5. Manning Ho

6. Blodgett Em

7. Johnson Sbc

138. This weight class is just so deep. Your going to want to keep your eye out for these matches tje whole way through the tournament ... encluding the first few rounds. At any time two state ranked or HM guys could go at it. I

expect hartman to come out on top.

Top 8.

1. Hartman Sbc

2/3. Moreau Ga/Macri Mi

4. Kelly Ch

5. Padilla Me

6. Ginter Pe

7. Loe Peru

8. Hays CG

145. Faurote looks to be the favorite in a weight class fairly spread out on the rankings from 3 all the way to 16. Katsafaros and/or marsh should give faurote a match.

Top 6.

1. Faurote Be

2/3. Marsh WN/Katsafaros Ch

4. Manspeaker Pe

5. Judy Da

6. Bogle EM

152. This weight class is as wide open as can be. If i remember correctly, last year was the same way. Hughes is the slight favorite, with a handful of guys that can take the crown.

Top 7.

1. Hughes Lo

2/3. Sandefer Me/Vaughn EM

4. Reeves Da

5. Morales Ho

6. Melcher Be

7. Jones Mish

160. Two fantastic freshmen, two seniors, a junior and a sophomore are the headlines of the weight. Logans athleticism and high school experience gives him an advantage, but im going with Stevenson II. He has proven he is ready with some big wins thus far and could pull it out.

Top 6.

1. Stevenson II Me

2. Logan Mi

3. Sopko Ho

4. Warner CG

5. Stasiak Pe

6. Adams Jt

170. This is going to be a two man race. Mappes and Crocker should be in the finals if seeding works out right. I dont think they will be challenged otherwise. 3rd and 4thi should be a good battle also. But you cant forget about "the lawrence"

Top 5.

1. Mappes Cg

2. Crocker Lo

3. Peppers Me

4. Stevens Pe

5. "The Lawrence" Jt

182. Adams should have some fun here. He could get a scare fromeBusse or Fimbianti but should walk away the champ.

top 7.

1. Adams Jt

2/3. Busse Be/Fimbianti Mu

4. Pickens Da

5. Miller SBC

6. Taylor Mi

7. Rodriguez Ho

195. 6 guys all in the top 11, sounds tough when you say it that way, but its going to be all Berry all day. Berry will probably get his best match from skipper if they see each other. Its going to be war for second but with his solid takedown defense, skipper should take second, if hes on the other side if Berry that is.

top 6.

1. Berry Me

2. Skipper SBA

3. Baker Be

4. Weinkauf Jt

5. Allen SBC

220. Another solid weight class with the 3rd 4th 7th 8th and 9th guys in the state. It should be excitting, expecially since any given wrestler could win of those 5. Gallegos is my pick in the end

though.

top 8.

1. Gallegos SBC

2. Robinson LKC

3. Regan PE

4. Nickson ME

5. Eby MISH

6. Daniels GOSH

7. Spears EM

8. Boyd SBA

285. The big kingsmen looks to be the heavy favorite in my opinion. He has size and great wrestling abillity and should find himself winning. Look for Dozier to make things interesting with some big throws he has in his arsenal.

Top 5.

1. Maggart Pe

2. Dozier SBR

3. Torres LKC

4. Carr SBC

5. Boyd SBA

I hope everyone enjoys

170. This is going to be a two man race. Mappes and Crocker should be in the finals if seeding works out right. I dont think they will be challenged otherwise. 3rd and 4thi should be a good battle also. But you cant forget about "the lawrence"

Top 5.

1. Mappes

2. Crocker

3. Peppers

4. Stevens

5. "The Lawrence"

182. Adams should have some fun here. He could get a scare fromeBusse or Fimbianti but should walk away the champ.

top 7.

1. Adams

2/3. Busse/Fimbianti

4. Pickens

5. Miller

6. Taylor

7. Rodriguez

Is this "the Lawrence" from Jimtown?  If so I not seeing what the deal is with him. I finished 6th a the Charger Invite, did not appear to be all that impressive that day.

Is this "the Lawrence" from Jimtown?  If so I not seeing what the deal is with him. I finished 6th a the Charger Invite, did not appear to be all that impressive that day.

I've seen you post this a couple of times. So you have beef with this kid?

I believe the hype comes from his performance at a preseason tourney.

I've seen you post this a couple of times. So you have beef with this kid?

I believe the hype comes from his performance at a preseason tourney.

Absolutely no beef with the young man, just keep seeing him get pointed out in the AL Smith post, and he is not ranked at semi state, so I just was wondering where/ what the thought process is for this. I thought maybe he was hurt and wrestling injured at the Charger invite or if there was someone else that I did not know about, as in a different wrestler then who I was thinking.  I just trying to get a idea on the comp.

Again please don't think I have any problem with the young man, just curious.

Absolutely no beef with the young man, just keep seeing him get pointed out in the AL Smith post, and he is not ranked at semi state, so I just was wondering where/ what the thought process is for this. I thought maybe he was hurt and wrestling injured at the Charger invite or if there was someone else that I did not know about, as in a different wrestler then who I was thinking.  I just trying to get a idea on the comp.

Again please don't think I have any problem with the young man, just curious.

This is Lawrence Davis' second year of wrestling... ever. Take it how ever you want to. He's a wrestling rookie, but never count him out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.